Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

C section vs vsg pain.

K. So I know this a completely different area of the body, but I just wanted to hear about the pain from those ladies who had a c section. Similar? Different? Worse? Better? I am a big chicken when it comes to surgery. Thanks!

I'm pre–op but I have had 2 c-sections and a open abdominal procedure after an internal injury to my aorta. I can tell you that the open abdominal surgery was the absolute worst followed by my first c-section because I labored for 18 hours first. Both doctors told me that recovery was more difficult because of the internal trauma & labor. I'm thinking that this should be much easier, but we'll see what the post op people have to say. When is your surgery? I'm scheduled for October 15th.

Just waiting on insurance. Penciled in for 10-21!

Yay! Will let you know how it goes... Everything will be fine and it will all be worth it! For so many years I've dreamed of feeling great in my own skin. I cannot wait to post those before & after pics!!!

I'm excited for you! It is hard not to be nervous, but I really feel deep down this is the right thing!

Good luck!

I can't really compare the two, but I don't think it is that bad...at least for me. I have some gas pain in my left shoulder, but the most uncomfortable part is the exterior staples. IMO, this has to be easier than either an c section or any open surgery.

None of my pain has been bad enough for pain meds after I was released from the hospital 24 hours after my procedure. When the nurse has you rate you pain...you know...1-10 and has emoticon faces...I wouldn't rate any of this above a 4 and way, way, way easier than natural childbirth ...actually even childbirth with meds.

Although I can speak for anyone else, I hope this helped a bit.

Can't speak from my own experience (thank God! LOL), but my wife has had a c-section...said this was far easier. She did have two hernias repaired during her surgery and her recovery was a bit longer than mine, but she said it was still no comparison.

Good luck!

Not to veer off topic too far but I also found out that I have a hernia near my belly button that needs to be addressed during my surgery... Didn't bargain for that. Most likely developed from that hideous open procedure in '07, but whatever needs to be done get it all done at once... BOGO, lol. Who Dat, did your wife have a longer hospital stay?

I didn't have a c section, but I did just have a Tummy Tuck almost two weeks ago. The sleeve surgery was much easier then the tummy tuck. My recovery was very easy with the sleeve. I was even out at the park with my daughter by day four, and I actually laid on my stomach on the concrete drawing with chalk with my girl! Good luck! Don't be afraid to ask for more, or better pain meds if you need them. The doctors and nurses want you to have the pain under control, because the better you feel the more apt you are to get up and get moving, which promotes faster healing. :)

I had 2 c sections before my VSG and there is no comparison, this for me was a walk in the park. Surgery was at 7am and by 2 PM was up and walking and by 8 the next morning I was going home. I also had a hiatal hernia repaired during surgery. I am almost 8 weeks post op down 48lbs and loving life!

:)

No LBD, she was in one day and out the next...30 hours total. Her recovery at home wasn't as quick. I was up and at 'em after one day at home (no pain meds)...felt great after 4-5 days. My wife was on pain meds for a week and took her a few more days to really get going. I'm 4 1/2 mos. out and she is 2 1/2 months...haven't looked back! LOL

Thanks everyone! Kim. I am in the same boat with the hernia. Happy to hear the comparison ! C section was painful - but a cute little baby to distract me!

I had a bad hiatal hernia when I had my band to sleeve revision. Even with my hernia and being a band to sleeve it was a breeze compared to my 3 c-sections, gall bladder (they waited too long and I ended up staying in hospital for two weeks because I was all infected inside), Tummy Tuck, other surgeries. It still sucked lol and I hurt, but it wasn't even close to the other surgeries :)

I had 2 c sections before my VSG and there is no comparison, this for me was a walk in the park. Surgery was at 7am and by 2 PM was up and walking and by 8 the next morning I was going home. I also had a hiatal hernia repaired during surgery. I am almost 8 weeks post op down 48lbs and loving life!

:)

Thanks so much for this. I am in the same boat as you i have had 2 sections and when i have the sleeve i will have a hiatial hernia repair as well. glad to hear it was much easier.

Thanks so much for this. I am in the same boat as you i have had 2 sections and when i have the sleeve i will have a hiatial hernia repair as well. glad to hear it was much easier.

this is really helpful!