Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Protein, anyone?

So I recently started my pre-op diet, which consists of shakes, shakes, and more shakes. Water, Crystal Light, and Light broth (if needed). I'm literally sick of the shakes, and I have 7 days left to go! So I've been doing some research and found that there are "liquid proteins" available. I found a "ProSource liquid Protein" as well as a "ProSource NoCarb Liquid Protein". They do sound like they could solve my shake problems...

No one mentioned that to me, so I’m wondering if I can buy the Liquid Protein and put it in the crystal light, in a fat free Soup, or else?? Has anyone used this before?

The Isopure at GNC is also good. I'll have one shake a day, but later will have Soup or something I can add the unflavored Protein too. It keeps me sane and give me protein and variety

It took me FOREVER to find the perfect Protein Shake. I HIGHLY recommend Premier Protein shakes. They are in packs of 12 and have 30 grams of Protein. I can only find them at Sam's Club and with membership they are $18.88, without membership it's and extra 5 percent.

It took me FOREVER to find the perfect Protein Shake. I HIGHLY recommend Premier Protein shakes. They are in packs of 12 and have 30 grams of Protein. I can only find them at Sam's Club and with membership they are $18.88, without membership it's and extra 5 percent.

I thought you HAD to have a membership to shop at Sam's, don't you?

Just found a post today on it. It was given to him in the hospital, mixed with crystal lite. Looks good to me! Better than buying super expensive clear Protein drinks, goes in everything hot or cold. Looks very versatile to me. I'm going to call my NUT tomorrow to see if she concurs.

National Nutrition liquid Protein PROSOURCE AND MIX w Crystal Light

http://www.firstoptionmedical.com [Prosource]

http://www.firstoptionmedical.com/Medtrition-National-Nutrition-Prosource-Liquid-Ora-p/35210.htm 10g protein/oz. SALE: 32oz. $29.95 ($10 off) Free Shipping – Orders > $100

Medtrition/National Nutrition Prosource Liquid Oral Supplement 32 oz from FirstOptionMedical.com is a liquid supplement that is ideal for open or closed tube feeding systems. 100% Essential and non-essential amino acids and 10 grams protein per ounce. Translucent non-staining color. Add to hot and cold foods and beverages for additional protein.

http://www.healthykin.com [Prosource Plus]

ProSource No Carb 15g protein/oz. 60 calories $33.95/32oz.

ProSource No Carb from HealthyKin.com combines the efficiency of hydrolyzed collagen and whey protein for a concentrated, low-volume, high-protein supplement containing 15 grams of protein and 60 calories per ounce and 100% of all essential and non-essential amino acids. ProSource NoCarb Liquid Protein's hydrolyzed protein is broken down by enzymes into free amino acids and polypeptides that are easily digested and absorbed by the intestines.

Clinically proven to raise albumin levels in hemo-dialysis patients, ProSource NoCarb Liquid Protein can be used for protein malnutrition, gastric surgery, and other applications where low-volume protein supplementation is required.

ProSource No Carb Features:

• Acts to meet the increased protein needs during periods of metabolic stress or inadequate intake
  • Complete hydrolyzed protein
  • Provides all the dispensable and indispensable amino acids required for protein building
  • sugar-free form that requires fewer digestive enzymes for absorption than intact protein
  • Low in phosphorous, potassium, and sodium and complies with the majority of dietary restrictions

Part numbers: 11525, 11525, 11545, 11545, 11535, 11535, 11476

ProsourcePlus $33.95/32oz.

http://www.healthykin.com/p-3282-prosource-plus-liquid-protein.aspx

ProSource Plus Liquid Protein from HealthyKin.com combines the efficiency of hydrolyzed collagen and whey protein for a concentrated, low-volume, high-protein supplement containing 15 grams of protein and 100 calories per ounce and 100% of all essential and non-essential amino acids. ProSource Liquid Protein Plus's hydrolyzed protein is broken down by enzymes into free amino acids and polypeptides that are easily digested and absorbed by the intestines.

Clinically proven to raise albumin levels in hemo-dialysis patients, ProSource Liquid Protein Plus can be used for protein malnutrition, gastric surgery, and other applications where low-volume protein supplementation is required.

ProSource Plus Liquid Protein Features:

• Concentrated liquid Proteins for ease of administration, consumption and improved compliance
  • Lactose and gluten free
  • Shelf stable
  • Do not refrigerate

Part numbers: 11671, 11671, 11661, 11661, 11651, 11454, 11454

Good luck!

I just heard back from the company. It has a very little protein isolate.

Edited by BeagleLover

Whey Protein isolate is the most absorbable Protein for bariatric patients. I initially started buying the Premier Protein shakes and loved them, but my NUT did not recommend them because they are not 100% whey protein. She told me that even though it says 30 grams of protein, you'd probably only absorb about 10 of that.