Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting a workout program

I asked during my 1-week Dr. follow-up last Tuesday. I am cleared for treadmill (40 min @ 2.9 mph today); but, will be waiting for my next Dr. visit in 3 weeks for clearance on machines and free weights.

I'm 3 weeks post surgery, and I've only been cleared for walking (90 min a day). I was given the go ahead to start weight training or Insanity, P90X type programs in my 5th week.

I'm 3 weeks post surgery' date=' and I've only been cleared for walking (90 min a day). I was given the go ahead to start weight training or Insanity, P90X type programs in my 5th week.[/quote']

Thanks for posting that... I'm 3 weeks also! Where did you have your sleeve done?

Thanks for posting that... I'm 3 weeks also! Where did you have your sleeve done?

I had my sleeve done at Alexians Brothers Hospital by Doctor Pete Rantis from the Kane Center.

How about you?

Angeles hospital in Tijuana Mexico by Dr. Rodriguez and Dr. Elmo. My info papers were not as detailed as others, but it turns out not one person that I've talk to has had the same info. Not one nut or dr. Have the same information to give... I find that odd! So I've just been collecting all kinds from others and developing my own somewhere in middle of it all! I'm excited to start working out again, but the 90 of walking seem like a good place to start!

After one week for walking on the treadmill. After 30 days, elliptical, light weights, and swimming. After 6 weeks, zumba and everything else!

I started at the gym after my first consult with dr which was 7 weeks post op. I do a Kettlebell class twice a week and strength training with a PT two/three times a week. On a Saturday I do a circuit class which is circuits/kettle bells and Abs!! Love my gym. At first I just listened to my body, but was lucky and never felt any kind of pain.

I started a walking one week after surgery and about 15 days after surgery started super light workouts with a trainer and since then I have made great strides.

Surgery Date: July, 23, 2013

Weight on Day of Surgery 285 pounds

Current Weight 245 pounds

Down 40 pounds (8 weeks)

My knees are shot but get a small walk in each day and use 5lb wieghts while sitting doing nothing. But I really want to get back on my bike and in the gym. I'm only 6 days post op but I am raring to go!

I was cleared to workout and may have strained a stomach muscle. I have a pain in my lower left abdomen. No nausea, fever, or dizziness just a pain when I move a certain way or put pressure on it. Anyone else experience this?

I hired a personal trainer and met her this morning. She had great ideas and was excited to work with me as I would be her first vertical sleeve client. She went home and researched what would be best for me due to the fact of the small amount of calories I intake vs cardio eating them all up... we get all set up to start full force this week and I get a text tonight from her saying the gym closed it doors!!! I feel bad for all the employees as they didn't see this coming and mad for me because I finally decided to incorporate a r:eal exercise program in my life and it gets yanked out from under me!!!! Grrrrr.... frustrated

I was cleared to get back to strength training after 6 weeks, but we went on vacation so I didn't start until last week (8 weeks). Walking was ordered from day 1.