Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating at 2 months post op

How many ounces does the typical sleeve hold at this point? (2mo PO). I eat no more than 5 oz but wondering if I'm over doing it. I can drink a lot more in ounces than I can eat. Have been losing very slow, I'm down around 36 lbs so far but lost the majority in the beginning.

What are you eating ??

I am 3 months out and I really don't get more 4 oz before feeling full...if you are concerned, I would suggest only serving yourself 4 oz then focus on eating s-l-o-w-l-y and see if you feel sated when you are done...

I read something that I didn't know last night about this very thing... I'm pre-surgery so it is not first hand knowledge. One of the gals on here said that the pyloric valve (the valve at the bottom of your stomach) closes when it needs time to digest complex Proteins. That's why they tell us to eat our proteins first. We will feel full faster. AND I know we are supposed to only drink 1/2 hour before and 1/2 hour after eating....NEVER with a meal. Stay away from those foods that go right through without stopping for digestion. Maybe this helps???

I've been weighing my food which helps a lot! Keeps things in check. I don't drink w my meals either. I do the Proteins first, always.

Im eating a lot of good stuff, everything on my list, and not drinking calories either- except my Protein shakes.

I know a big part of my slow loss is not working out as much as I should. But I was mainly wondering about how much food should be eaten in one sitting.

I can eat about 6 oz per meal - any more and I'm in sooooo much pain!!! I do my Protein first then my veggie or sometimes an indulgence (ie: a crab rangoon at lunch today). I'm almost 10 weeks out.

How has your weight loss been Mizzou?

I'm on week 9, myself. I can eat about 5-6 oz a meal. I'm only down about 35 lbs since pre-op...it's crawling it feels like (and now it's been stalled for 2 weeks). I've been starting to exercise too. My NUT told me I have to have a veggie or fruit or something with each meal. So, I'm trying to only eat about 3-4 ounces of Protein and the rest being the veggie or whatever.

Ok because this slow weight loss was starting to make me crazy.

How has your weight loss been Mizzou?

I'm down 49lbs including my 3 day pre-op diet (surgery was on May 31st). I was losing at a fairly rapid pace initially and have been averaging 3lbs/week during the last several weeks. I work out at least 3X/week for an hour with a personal trainer. I'm thinking my weight loss is about average or maybe a tad above average. I'm getting between 800-1200 calories per day.

I'm 2 months out today & I can usually eat about 6 oz of food. I don't weigh my food, just eyeball it. Sometimes, though, I fix myself something & then sort of nibble at it for almost 2 hours if I get busy with something else. I wonder if it would be better to eat in less time, like start to finish in no more than 30 min or something. It messes up my Water intake to spread the food over such a long period.

I'm 2 months out today & I can usually eat about 6 oz of food. I don't weigh my food' date=' just eyeball it. Sometimes, though, I fix myself something & then sort of nibble at it for almost 2 hours if I get busy with something else. I wonder if it would be better to eat in less time, like start to finish in no more than 30 min or something. It messes up my Water intake to spread the food over such a long period.[/quote']

Our doctor said we were to eat for 30 mins and then whether the food was gone or not, we were done until the next meal. I'm not on solids yet so don't know how this works, but he is quite adamant about it.

Our doctor said we were to eat for 30 mins and then whether the food was gone or not, we were done until the next meal. I'm not on solids yet so don't know how this works, but he is quite adamant about it.

Yeah, that's kind of been my feeling, too. I am bad about eating while doing something else. I need to just sit down & focus on the food.< /p>

If you spread it out over that long a period you never get full. I was told the same thing. To get my meal in in 30 minutes

How many calories should we be taking in at 4 weeks out? I am still on the pureed/soft food stage. I am fearful I am taking in too many calories to early. Today my calories totaled at 493. I drink a Premier Protein shake in the morning & then have abt 3-4 oz of Protein like pureed chicken, tuna or egg salad for lunch, then again at dinner I usually have whatever I had for lunch most days, then later I have another Protein Shake. In between all tht I have been getting approx 60 or so of fluids in. The Protein Shakes I drink have 30grams of protein each & total 160 calories each. Also eat cottage cheese & greek yogurt & scambled eggs. Not all at once of course just giving an idea of the types of food I am eating right now