Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Never in my life have I had food spoil since getting sleeved (6/19/13). Since I'm just eating a 1/2 cup at each meal there are plenty of left overs, food savers have plum full both the freezers , I use to be the one that ate the left overs but now I've learn to buy less and my food bill has gone down. So far I lost 65lbs and feeling pretty good about myself.

The first time I dumped a half a chocolate cake into the trash was a real eye opener for me......I had never done that before...My hubby could not finish it and I don't eat refined sugar...or sweets of any kind now...Following that has been Cookies and other sweets that are only being eaten by one...

Seems that the things are also spoiling, the healthy food....I can't eat it fast enough....I am slowly changing the way I shop but I have still got big eyes and think I will have no trouble eating it......I am learning...slowly but surely too....lol

Better that it ends up in the trash/garbage disposal than on my thighs!

As I see it, my brain is still adjusting to the amount of food it thinks I can eat (eyes are still bigger than the stomach) - I'm wasting food/money, but I'm okay with that versus the alternative.

Better that it ends up in the trash/garbage disposal than on my thighs!

As I see it, my brain is still adjusting to the amount of food it thinks I can eat (eyes are still bigger than the stomach) - I'm wasting food/money, but I'm okay with that versus the alternative.

I too still have eyes bigger than my stomach. Hard to break that

Wish I had a freezer (well, I have one on top of the frig). Can't buy a bunch of food and freeze it cuz there's no room. I think about buying one everytime chicken boobs are $1.49 a lb!

The other day i had half of a large Water melon in the fridge, it was in there for awhile but was still good wrapped up in plastic wrap so my sister kids come over and I thought what a good way of getting rid of this to the kids. Well I got the bowls out and started to fill 3 of them, but being a good uncle as i'am, I had a taste to see if is was ok.... OMG is was so good with that teaspoon circle I made, it was so sweet , so I filled their bowls up, there was plenty more left so i went and got 5 more spoon full cuts, after all its just watermelon right??... Worst mistake I did, I think I had 1 too many, I experienced my first (and last) dumping, I was in pain, short of breath, chest pains, watermelon felt like it was all the way up my throat, went on for intense 15 min. I wanted to throw up but I was afraid i rip something so silly me just laid out on the chair all slung out (what I site i must of looked to the kids...lol) then I recovered. So I got up walked in the kitchen and ask if the kids wanted to take home the rest of the watermelon they said no they had one at home. I did not hesitate or blinked my eye i tossed all that sweet tasting melon right in the garbage lesson learned. I had my sleeve surgeon appointment two days later and told him and he just smiled.. I ask "you think I might have hurt something" but assured me i was ok and that Fiber fills up quick . I never have thrown away so much food in my life, so I'm better on buying foods now and I love eating healthy...

The other day i had half of a large Water melon in the fridge' date=' it was in there for awhile but was still good wrapped up in plastic wrap so my sister kids come over and I thought what a good way of getting rid of this to the kids. Well I got the bowls out and started to fill 3 of them, but being a good uncle as i'am, I had a taste to see if is was ok.... OMG is was so good with that teaspoon circle I made, it was so sweet , so I filled their bowls up, there was plenty more left so i went and got 5 more spoon full cuts, after all its just watermelon right??... Worst mistake I did, I think I had 1 too many, I experienced my first (and last) dumping, I was in pain, short of breath, chest pains, watermelon felt like it was all the way up my throat, went on for intense 15 min. I wanted to throw up but I was afraid i rip something so silly me just laid out on the chair all slung out (what I site i must of looked to the kids...lol) then I recovered. So I got up walked in the kitchen and ask if the kids wanted to take home the rest of the watermelon they said no they had one at home. I did not hesitate or blinked my eye i tossed all that sweet tasting melon right in the garbage lesson learned. I had my sleeve surgeon appointment two days later and told him and he just smiled.. I ask "you think I might have hurt something" but assured me i was ok and that fiber fills up quick . I never have thrown away so much food in my life, so I'm better on buying foods now and I love eating healthy...[/quote']

Watermelon did me in too. I can soooo relate. Never again!

So...I was sleeved day before you (06-18-13) and have been eating at least 1/2 personal watermelon every day for weeks...can't seem to get enough! I track it, but perhaps that's why you've lost 65 and I'm only at 40. Hmmm...

I use frozen veggies so I can take out one broccoli floret. I freeze everything in very one oz sizes. Today it was the rest of the refrained Beans after I took out my 1/2 c serving. Didn't want to eat that all week!

I use frozen veggies so I can take out one broccoli floret. I freeze everything in very one oz sizes. Today it was the rest of the refrained Beans after I took out my 1/2 c serving. Didn't want to eat that all week!

Yes I do that too, the cans I open up gets old after awhile just taking out 2 oz at a time but I'm getting better, I was at Cracker Barrel ordered the spicy trout ( grilled) and I ended up taking most of it home where I measured out and put it in food saver bags and put it up in the freezer