Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not seem to be getting my fluids all in ,had to go to the E.r tonite ,I was feeling so weak ,had sleeve on July 4 not able to get all Protein in either in fact I hardly eat becuz I get full so quick ,I have lost 18 since surgery but scale not moving this week ,help anyone how can I get this Water and food in me

Fluids are your number one priority. Instead of staring at a huge container of Water, set a goal of one ounce every 15 minutes while you are awake. I used a clock, a shot glass, and a 1 cup liquid measuring cup as a pitcher.

Try the Water at different temps: cold, lukewarm, and hot and see if one goes down easier. I did better with lukewarm. Add a splash of juice or try herbal tea. I like SleepyTime Tea.

Lynda

Water believe it or not is hard on your stomach, try fiji water its smoother im going through the same thing.. I use paper bathroom cups for my protein.. Sometimes looking at a big bottle and saying omg i have this much to go sucks.. Ive been in the hospital fir dehydration once a week then a month for a leak ... I still have a problem with drinking and i found my relief in G2 i have no problems at all drinking it... Grape wirks best for me.. Eating is difficult... My surgeon said dont worry about too much sugar right now or calories so I went to costco and bought chaboni yogurt tubes freeze them and although they have carbs sugar they also gave protein.. From my leak I had for 3 months undetected I also have pneumonia as well as a lung infection... Idk if this helps i was sleeped 4/30 and lost 55 lbs.. Just as long as you eat something right now is what matters... I was NPO for 1 month and 2 days and the nutrition they put in your IV is horrid has no Protein its really pure junk

Yes, use the bathroom cups. The day I came home after the surgery, I got the Wal Mart white 3oz cups(cheaper). Measured out 2oz in the cup and poured 12 little 2oz cups of Liquid Protein. I love the Isopure(40g protein)per bottle. And I used Bariatric Advantange Meal Replacement(27g protein), low soduim Broths and Water. I watched the clock all the time. Every 15 min I drank 1 of the little cups. This helped me stay on track. I never could drink water like I should have so this really helped me. I know it sounds crazy and a lot of work but it worked for me. I'm 5 weeks out now so I no longed use the cups but go back to this if I find myself not getting enought fluids. I now use a egg timer when I'm at home to help me remember to eat and drink. I really want this to work so I do what ever it takes to make me get it In me. Good luck.

This is a picture I took of how I stayed on track with my fluids

post-62985-13813668238863_thumb.jpg

The Gatorade G2 saved me too. I was getting headaches from dehydration and I just made it my mission to drink it all day long.

Thanks everyone IM going to everyone tips and hopefully something works becuz it crazy how IM not eating much but I gain 3 pds overnite Wth ,getting really piss about this surgery and for all the pain I went threw I would think I would have lost alot more by now and not be gaining weight