Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I must have read 100 posts like this when I was pre op, but its so different once your on the other side.

I'm 2.5 weeks post op and moved on to soft foods. I lost 22lbs the first week and a half, and nothing in 6 days. I'm always hungry. I measure all of my foods, and eat the kind of foods I'm supposed to, but it seems to be a lot more then most at this stage. I can eat 4oz at a time and not be full, and I get hungry in between meals. I try not to graze, but sometimes the hunger gets me and I'll have a piece of cheese, or a small bit of yogurt. I'm getting in all of my Protein, and drinking 70+oz per day. I track everything and eat 500-700 calories a day easily. It doesn't help that I seem to have the "sleeve of steel" and nothing bothers me. Sorry for the vent, I'm just feeling a bit discouraged today.

Wow 22 lbs in 2.5 weeks, it does not get much better than that, you should be celebrating. Maybe because you had such a strong start you feel disappointed of not keeping the same pace. But remember, there is nothing wrong with slow and steady.

I am 12 days post op, lost 13 lbs and most in my first week. Wish I could keep the pace of the first week but I know that is unlikely.

Wow 22 lbs in 2.5 weeks' date=' it does not get much better than that, you should be celebrating. Maybe because you had such a strong start you feel disappointed of not keeping the same pace. But remember, there is nothing wrong with slow and steady.

I am 12 days post op, lost 13 lbs and most in my first week. Wish I could keep the pace of the first week but I know that is unlikely.

[/quote']

Thanks.. I know realistically that I will not keep up the pace from the first week, and I also know I would never be able to do this before surgery. I just hate feeling hungry all the time. I kind of feel the same as I did when I would be on a diet before surgery.

Hi - I know things can seem fustrating at times. I just hit my 1 yr mark yesterday. The first month or so for me was hard as your body is having withdrawals from everything. For me it was a mental thing - just continue doing what you are doing and the weight will come off.

As it was explained to me - your body drops weight and then pauses and then another drop and so on. You lost an incredible amount of weight in 1.5 weeks so your body needs a moment to reset.

It was the best thing I have ever done for myself. You are doing GREAT!!! Keep up the good work and you will be amazed at how fast the year will fly by and next thing you know it you will be looking at a very different person in the mirror!!

I think your hunger is bothering you becuase you are still in the soft stage.. The soft foods just do not hang in there long enough for most of us.. When you proceed to real foods, you will feel the restriction and fullness again.

Also, make sure you are drinking plenty.. Not drinking enough can make us feel hungry. The other thing that makes us think we are hungry is indigestion.. Most of us are on inhibitors to help with indigestion, heartburn and other related symptons. You are doing great and it is early..

Sorry for the vent, I'm just feeling a bit discouraged today.

Jessica

vents are perfectly acceptable - we all/most of us do them to themselves or to others on the board

i don't "think" you are complaining about the weight loss - 22 lbs is great - being at a stall is totally normal

after reading so many posts, you know stalls are a part of your new life :angry:

there are some/many people that are unable to drink at your early stage - and later too they have problems

good for you on being so successful with getting all your Water in plus more

counting/keeping track of your calories, Water, Protein et al good for you

i "think" your main issue is about feeling hungry, mabye grazing a bit, nothing you eat bothers your sleeve????

when you are on liquids, and maybe soft too - some/many don't get that full feeling!!

once you start gradually on solids most/many/all feel more full at an early point -and their tummy yells "stop" stop!! ;)

as far as eating 4 oz of cheese???

i "think" thats too much at your early stage

famous saying here.............

"just because you can, doesn't mean you should!!!!"

btw - good or bad news - as you progress with your solids - your tummy may/probably will object to certain foods :angry:

big example: many people have trouble with eating eggs and bread

many/all of us understand your frustration!!!!

congrats on losing 22 lbs!! :)

thats terrific ;)

stall will break

easier said then done, but try not to get discouraged

I can see B) it in your lovely eyes, and smiling face - that you will continue to be strong and very successful

good luck

kathy

22 lbs in not even 3 weeks?? CONGRATS!! In my week 3 I also stalled for most of that week. Then I started kicking up the exercise and the scale started dropping again. i think your experience is typical and the numbers will go down again soon - I promise! Also I hope you're not weighing yourself every day. It's a very bad habit!

I've found since I've started eating more dense Protein and less slider-type foods (soups, refried Beans, eggs, etc) I feel more full for longer. Dense Protein takes longer to digest than most other foods. Some days I eat up to 750 cals but I do also go to the gym 5x a week and ride my bike the days I don't work out. My sleeve also seems to be made of steel so I'm working on being as vigilant as I can about what I eat. There's no turning back now!

Thanks everyone! My doctor said I'm only allowed to walk, no other working out yet, so I've been walking a lot. And proudgrammy, I don't actually eat 4 oz of cheese lol! But my meal plan says 2-3 oz of Protein with 1.5-2 oz of veggie per meal. So if I eat 3 oz of chopped up chicken salad with 1.5 oz of really soft broccoli, that's what I meant :)

I get more full on thick Proteins. I have never had a problem with hunger other than head hunger, but I can fill myself up quickly with a piece of chicken or beef if it's not shredded, so it may be partly in the food stage that you're in. Maybe you need more Protein filled foods? Add some Protein Powder and see if that helps maybe. If you are still having a lot of hunger after adding more dense proteins/foods, maybe give your doctor a call.

I must have read 100 posts like this when I was pre op' date=' but its so different once your on the other side.

I'm 2.5 weeks post op and moved on to soft foods. I lost 22lbs the first week and a half, and nothing in 6 days. I'm always hungry. I measure all of my foods, and eat the kind of foods I'm supposed to, but it seems to be a lot more then most at this stage. I can eat 4oz at a time and not be full, and I get hungry in between meals. I try not to graze, but sometimes the hunger gets me and I'll have a piece of cheese, or a small bit of yogurt. I'm getting in all of my Protein, and drinking 70+oz per day. I track everything and eat 500-700 calories a day easily. It doesn't help that I seem to have the "sleeve of steel" and nothing bothers me. Sorry for the vent, I'm just feeling a bit discouraged today.[/quote']

I felt somewhat like you. I start going to gym and that changed everything. Once you start exercising, the head hunger will go away. Of course check with your Dr to see what you are allowed to do.