Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting soooo scared of failure

I have not lost anything in months. I'm afraid I expect to fail, and am cutting my own throat. I'm not doing as well as I'd like. My health as improved greatly, my quality of life. Although my husband and those close to me are great , I fear there are those who expect/ maybe even want me to fail. Just a hunch. I've always been the fat, emotional, easy to hurt, crap on forget....... I have to learn to let that all go. It's making me insecure. Any ideas?

The only person who can determine your success or failure is you. You have been given a great tool, something that is proven to work, you CAN and WILL do this. You did this for YOU not for the person or people who thing you will fail. Prove them wrong, SUCCEED. You know what to do and you can make the changes and do it. This is not easy, it is not a given but you wouldn't be here if you couldn't succeed. So relax and lean on those who are there to support you and you WILL succeed.

The best revenge is success. But I get what you are going through. My family (Mom, Dad, and Brother) can't stand it when good things happen to me. They have sabotaged every important event in my life. So I cut them out of my life. They don't even know that I'm loosing weight. It's really sad but I've had to accept it. I have changed my life for the better I've lost many friends along the way as. Some say that people like that aren't really your friends, but one day I looked up and everyone was gone. That made me sad. So I've built a new life for myself, a nice man in my life, a daughter, and many other great things to come.

I have not lost anything in months. I'm afraid I expect to fail, and am cutting my own throat. I'm not doing as well as I'd like. My health as improved greatly, my quality of life. Although my husband and those close to me are great , I fear there are those who expect/ maybe even want me to fail. Just a hunch. I've always been the fat, emotional, easy to hurt, crap on forget....... I have to learn to let that all go. It's making me insecure. Any ideas?

There were many months at a time that I would stall completely...not losing a pound, or worse gaining a few. When this happens the best thing to do is shake things up. Add in more exercise, or change the way you are eating. Giving up is not an option! You will get there as long as you don't quit. Good luck! Keep your chin up...and don't stress about what others think about you. The only person who can determine your self worth is well....your self! ;)

I have not lost anything in months. I'm afraid I expect to fail' date=' and am cutting my own throat. I'm not doing as well as I'd like. My health as improved greatly, my quality of life. Although my husband and those close to me are great , I fear there are those who expect/ maybe even want me to fail. Just a hunch. I've always been the fat, emotional, easy to hurt, crap on forget....... I have to learn to let that all go. It's making me insecure. Any ideas?[/quote']

Start back on your post op diet and add more exercise. It's easy for us all to fall off the bandwagon. I did after my lapband slipped and gained 40+lbs back that I thought I'd lost forever. Starting over is a choice. You can do it!!!

One of my favorite gadgets is the caller ID announcer on my home phones. Before I answered and was subjected to whatever crapola the caller spewed. Now they have to be answer-worthy.

Failure is a choice. Don't answer.