Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello - i had the Lap Band surgey over two years ago loss around 80lbs had lots of problems they had to remove. :wacko: They removed the band and my surgeon performed the sleeve last year around this time. i have not see a lot of weight loss nor have i been great at watching myself due to taking care of my sick elderly parents - lots of stress. Need to get back on track is it possible??? Appreicate guidance or any feedback.

Need to get back on track is it possible???

cato01

hi there

sure its possible to get back on that horse

you lost 65 lbs before!!! :)

way to go!!!!

get a head start, back to basics with Protein shakes

follow all Water rules

30 minutes - don't drink before eating

never drink during meal (people have been shot for less!) :D

don't drink for about 45-60 minutes after you eat

get at least 64 oz of H20 a day

small portions

chew, chew, chew little bites

put utensil down between bites - and wait til you continue to eat

measure your food

put it on small plate

hows that for reminder of basics/and what you will continue to do for the rest of your healthier, happier, longer life!!!!

do you have a NUT?

if not :( maybe try and get one for a few consultations through health insurance,

or its worth it to pay on your own if you can

i see B) it in your pretty face, smile and eyes, that you are a strong determined lady :)

now, get going :)

do not pass go, do not collect $200.00 :lol:

I KNOW you will succeed

good luck

kathy

follow all Water rules

30 minutes - don't drink before eating

never drink during meal (people have been shot for less!) :D

don't drink for about 45-60 minutes after you eat

get at least 64 oz of H20 a day

Why are the Water rules so important? Does drinking with meals stretch out the sleeve? (Not to dismiss the rest of the message--I really love what you had to say, Kathy!)

Hello - i had the Lap Band surgey over two years ago loss around 80lbs had lots of problems they had to remove. :wacko: They removed the band and my surgeon performed the sleeve last year around this time. i have not see a lot of weight loss nor have i been great at watching myself due to taking care of my sick elderly parents - lots of stress. Need to get back on track is it possible??? Appreicate guidance or any feedback.

You can do it! This site is great for support!

Not only is it possible, you CAN do it. That's what I love about the sleeve...I'm sure you have restriction. Proud Grammy gave you the "rules", and if you do them, you will succeed. Stress is one of the hardest things to overcome (for me) when attempting to manage my weight. One thing that helps me manage stress is physical activity. Doesn't even have to be overly strenuous. It's hard to make myself do it somedays, but I'm totallly shocked at how well it helps! Best of luck!

Why are the Water rules so important? Does drinking with meals stretch out the sleeve? (Not to dismiss the rest of the message--I really love what you had to say, Kathy!)

Well according to my surgeon who has been a bariatric surgeon since 1996 and some small patient studies drinking and eating can overload and eventually stretch out the sleeve. There is at least a correlation. Drinking before eating can also quell hunger pangs so you eat less. I'd say it's important.

This link (<---click here!) does a GREAT job of explaining how the pyloric valve at the lower end of your sleeve handles Water and food--and why we should never drink with meals after being sleeved.

studies drinking and eating stretch out the sleeve.

BKLYNga87-cata01

the thought of our sleeves stretching/ or not is a discussion that periodically comes up

newbies especially are afraid of stretching their stomach

i "used" to be a newbie too with those common feelings

now i am a "grown up veteran!!! :lol: )

from an early point talking to my NUT and surgeon - they both explained that your sleeve 99.99999% can't stretch

during WLS - when 85% our tummy was removed - the "stretchy" part was also removed

this does not mean you can't regain

you can "fool" the sleeve, by eating every few hours when your tummy is empty, eating many calories too

or just trying to eat 24/7 and eventually you will get sick, and regain

this stretching your sleeve????

you are abusing it/sabatoging yourself

but per all what i have heard from my NUT/surgeon - and most/many, many on this board

you will NOT/can not stretch your sleeve

but ----you must always remain dilligent with your eating and drinking to be the healthy, happier successful sleever that we were all "born" to be!!!! ;)

please don't think "oh since i can't stretch my sleeve i will always be fine"

no way is that true

you MUST follow all the rules that we were taught.............

for the rest of your healthier, happier, longer life

sorry i hi-jacked the conversation about Water :(

Vixynees' post and link explained the Water situation in a nutshell!!! :)

Water rules IMO/and most others - is one of the MOST important rules to follow

I'm a firm believer in "Rules Were NOT made to be broken!!"

my "disclaimer" ;)

i am not a doc/nurse/or in the medical field

i am just a sleever with experience and an opinion to give :)

here is a drink to you and everyones health!!!! :)

kathy

This link (<---click here!) does a GREAT job of explaining how the pyloric valve at the lower end of your sleeve handles Water and food--and why we should never drink with meals after being sleeved.

Thanks for posting this. The video that person mentions is here

Wow! This was greatly helpful! Thank you so much!

Liliya

Thanks for posting this. The video that person mentions is here

Really great! And thank you for the additional links below your profile! Very helpful!

Tysm for that link, that was amazing and I'm not sleeved yet, still jumping threw hoops, but its gr8 to b informed nonetheless!! Ty again, Dee Dee

Thank you all for your replies:) . Now any suggestions or brands on good Protein Shakes. i want something that i can drinkk :rolleyes:

Cyto Sport light cheaper than muscle milk good with the powder mixed with Water, my husband likes it with milk :)

I'm a Syntrax Nectar fan (mainly of their line of "sweets" flavors, like vanilla Bean Torte and Double-Stuffed Cookie). Those two are great with milk or almond milk. caribbean cooler tastes like a piña colada and it's my favorite of the fruit flavors--the fruity ones go well in Water.

This website lets you mix and match 11 single-serve packets to find out what you like (or what you hate) in the Syntrax nectar line. The sampler costs about $15. (Personally, I'd say steer clear of the Crystal Sky flavor. *shudder*) Don't forget to buy a blender bottle too!