Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've lost around 25 lbs and wanted to see if everyone loses everyday or does it stop one day than you start losing again?? I'm the same today and had been losing everyday.. 8 days ago I was sleeved.

I haven't checked lately, but I was sleeved 9 days ago....and as of Sunday, I was only down 7 lbs. LOL

That's about how much i have lost after surgery. I haven't dropped on the scale in 4days! I don't.know how u can't lose weight?

I was dropping a pound a day, then I hit a plateau. I've been stuck now for about a week. From what I've been reading our bodies go into this starvation mode and try to hold onto everything. When it happens to you, just try to be patient. That's what I'm trying to do :)

During the first six months post-op, when I was in my losing stage, I went up and down, up and down. I'd go up a pound or two, then back down. I'd do this anywhere from three to ten days and then it would be gone for good, on to the next couple of pounds. I have discovered that many others have this pattern as well. I was very strict with what I ate, I never had one bite of anything sweet or fried, very little bread, a pinch or two when we were out, that's it....nothing until I reached goal. Don't worry, if you are following your doctor's plan, you'll lose, and slow and steady is the best. Hang in there and enjoy!!

My first month or so, I was losing weight almost daily. But longer term, I seem to get stuck at a certain weight for a few weeks at a time, then suddenly start losing again.

I was stuck for the past two weeks at 280, after dropping as low as 278. Yesterday, I woke up and was 278. Today I am 273.

It gets annoying, not losing weight consistently, but I'm getting used to it.

I had surgery on May 31st and have lost 12 lbs. and have been the same weight for 5 days but I can see that I'm only consuming at the most 600 calories per day but more like 500. I agree that my body is trying to hold on to everything it can but I also know in time it will adjust and will catch up with me. The hardest thing for me is having patience. It took years to pack this weight on, it can't come off overnight. But we are on the right track.

I'm going to hide my scale and weigh myself once a month so I don't get discouraged :) My clothes will tell me what I need to know!

I will drop daily then stall for a few then drop drop drop. I am 3 months out.

Thank you, I feel better reading that I'm not alone in this... I know it will take time and I'll need patience..

I was sleeved on 4/9 and I have lost about 40 pounds post op. I notice that I tend to lose weight consistently for like a week or so and then nothing for a week or so. I stopped weighing myself everyday and it certainly makes life easier, especially when I see I'm down pounds not just ounces! I am in a "losing stage" right now but I fully expect in the next few days I will stop for a bit. Follow your plan get in your Protein and Water and you will be just fine :)

I was sleeved 4/16 and have lost 43 pounds (that includes a week prior on diet so ten weeks). I haven't lost a thing in 2 weeks though. Boo :wacko:

I was sleeved 4/16 and have lost 43 pounds (that includes a week prior on diet so ten weeks). I haven't lost a thing in 2 weeks though. Boo :wacko:

I was sleeved 04/08 and hadn't seen the scale move in 2-3 weeks till this week I lost another 3 pounds. I've read may people say they go on a stall. It was stressful not losing anything for 2-3 weeks tho

I was sleeved 04/08 and hadn't seen the scale move in 2-3 weeks till this week I lost another 3 pounds. I've read may people say they go on a stall. It was stressful not losing anything for 2-3 weeks tho

I really bumped up my exercise these past 2 weeks as well so I thought it would definitely move down. Guess I was wrong. I emailed my NUT to make sure I was getting in enough calories. No word back yet.

I was sleeved on June 3rd; down 16 pounds so far, but only lost a pound last week and haven't lost anything since weighing in at the surgeon's office on June 13th -- in fact, I'm up 5 ounces. I am really frustrated. I'm supposed to be eating 6 small (quarter cup) meals a day, and I can only manage 4 on a good day. I do drink the Fast Track Protein Soups, Fruit Drinks, and hot chocolate, so I am getting some nutrition in. I was just hoping to lose faster than this.