Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I an from the south shore and looking to meet some fellow sleevers

Hi, Teeny--I'm on the South Coast, being sleeved on 7/1 at Tobey Hospital in Wareham. wave.gif

I don't have a date yet. Did all my pre OP tests this morning and go next week for the medical clearance and i take my three classes Monday nights in July. Is it true that they send out for approval after the first class? I was originally thinking end of August beginning if September but if they send it in after the first class that's a couple weeks sooner. I just can't wait to have this done. Dr Streeter would prefer for me to have bypass but this is what i want.

Yes, it's true that they send out your info for approval after you complete the first class--at least, I know mine was! My first class was June 4th, and my request was sent in to Harvard Pilgrim the next day. I had my approval letter in the mailbox by the 7th. Each insurance company is a little different, though, some are pickier and some ask for more paperwork in your file before they send out the letter.

It sounds like you're moving right along--let me know if there's anything I can help answer or clarify, since we're part of the same system!

Hi!

I'm in the pre op appts in St. Elizabeths...great to see people from MA here! Good luck!!

Hi everybody!!!! I was sleeved on June 5th at St. Elizabeth's hospital in Brighton, by the best surgeon EVER... Dr. MacCluney. I am so happy to connect with people in Mass!!!

Hi everybody!!!! I was sleeved on June 5th at St. Elizabeth's hospital in Brighton' date=' by the best surgeon EVER... Dr. MacCluney. I am so happy to connect with people in Mass!!![/quote']

Hi Ana!!

I'm so happy to see you too! How long takes the preop process? How many pre appointment s??? Ohhhh please I will be very happy to know about your experience with Dr. McCluney and his office and hospital!!!!!

:)

Hi Ana!!

I'm so happy to see you too! How long takes the preop process? How many pre appointment s??? Ohhhh please I will be very happy to know about your experience with Dr. McCluney and his office and hospital!!!!!

:)

Hi ReadyNewM3..,

Let me start by saying that so far this has been the best decision I've made in my life. AND I am only 2 weeks post op.

The prep op process took about 3 and half months. AND I must say that it took that it took longer because due to an accident I had I was not able to lose the weight before surgery, as fast as I could've done it if on top of the nutrition I would've been able to do physical exercise. I must say the process was very smooth and not stressful at all. I had to do a psychiatry session(I ended up doing two because I loved Carrie the psychiatrist), I met like four times with Dr. McCluney, met a couple of times with Deirdre the nutritionist (whose awesome), and met with Martha the nurse the week before the surgery. I can't stress enough how wonderful the staff is, and Suzie and Cheyanna (the office girls) are wonderful at making the appointments, telling you what you need and just basically answering any crazy questions you might have.

I was sleeved on Wednesday June 5th and was discharged on Friday June 7th. I felt so cared for that I honestly would do it again in a heart beat. I went crazy before the surgery and researched everything there is to know, including watching the surgery on youtube. Every time I met with Dr. McCluney he was very patience with me and answered ALL of my questions... And boy did I have questions. He was always honest with me and told it like it was. He called me out when needed out, and I can't tell you enough how much I love this man. Again, great time, great hospital, and overall I had an excellent experience and continue to do as I embarked on this journey! Let me know if you have more questions or if I can be of any help. Good luck!

Hi ReadyNewM3..' date='

Let me start by saying that so far this has been the best decision I've made in my life. AND I am only 2 weeks post op.

The prep op process took about 3 and half months. AND I must say that it took that it took longer because due to an accident I had I was not able to lose the weight before surgery, as fast as I could've done it if on top of the nutrition I would've been able to do physical exercise. I must say the process was very smooth and not stressful at all. I had to do a psychiatry session(I ended up doing two because I loved Carrie the psychiatrist), I met like four times with Dr. McCluney, met a couple of times with Deirdre the nutritionist (whose awesome), and met with Martha the nurse the week before the surgery. I can't stress enough how wonderful the staff is, and Suzie and Cheyanna (the office girls) are wonderful at making the appointments, telling you what you need and just basically answering any crazy questions you might have.

I was sleeved on Wednesday June 5th and was discharged on Friday June 7th. I felt so cared for that I honestly would do it again in a heart beat. I went crazy before the surgery and researched everything there is to know, including watching the surgery on youtube. Every time I met with Dr. McCluney he was very patience with me and answered ALL of my questions... And boy did I have questions. He was always honest with me and told it like it was. He called me out when needed out, and I can't tell you enough how much I love this man. Again, great time, great hospital, and overall I had an excellent experience and continue to do as I embarked on this journey! Let me know if you have more questions or if I can be of any help. Good luck![/quote']

Thank you thank you so much for the info, I really wish the best for you@!!! I met Dr. McCluney one time, and yes he is awesome! In two weeks I will have appointments with the nut, pschy., and one dr (I forgot his name!), I would like to know about the appt with this dr?)...Im very excited to finished all, and I wish the insurance approve me! Dr. McCluney's said that I will be approve, bu t Im in the borderline bmi 35 (I have diabetes, hbp, high cholesterol), a lot of stress for me about that.... office girls was helpful and diligent with your insurance process?? I have to do the barium swallow test next week too ewwww lol So can tou tell me a lil bit more about that (specifically about how will be the appointment with the other dr, I think is a internist dr), jejejejjeej thank you againnnnnn!!!! wish a speedy recovery dor you :)

Hi everybody!!!! I was sleeved on June 5th at St. Elizabeth's hospital in Brighton' date=' by the best surgeon EVER... Dr. MacCluney. I am so happy to connect with people in Mass!!![/quote']

I was sleeved by him too, two years ago! Great doctor

I was sleeved by him too' date=' two years ago! Great doctor[/quote']

Nice to hear that! What about your experience, and how is your progress? !

I actually hit deidre goal by 6 months, mine by 9 months, been in maintenance ever since. I do fluctuated between 2-5 lbs. size 6! I am quite happy with my decision. The whole process overall took about 3 months. I didn't have to worry about insurance denial etc. psych lady was a joke but I still see her. I stay in contact with deidre via email mostly. Martha is a gem, love her!!

I actually hit deidre goal by 6 months' date=' mine by 9 months, been in maintenance ever since. I do fluctuated between 2-5 lbs. size 6! I am quite happy with my decision. The whole process overall took about 3 months. I didn't have to worry about insurance denial etc. psych lady was a joke but I still see her. I stay in contact with deidre via email mostly. Martha is a gem, love her!![/quote']

Wojoooo happy for you! and Thank you so much for the info! How was your experience with the hospital ?

The hospital staff was great. I actually was the one refusing pain meds and truth be told if it weren't for the incision I wouldn't know I had surgery. I spent two days there and the day of my discharge I walked 2 miles. I went to the Boston parade that same day. Go figure!!! Just let the staff take care of you but I refused their bed bath. Hell to the no on that one. I can wash myself by myself but some nurse would insist on doing it for you though

One of the pre op appointments in St. Elizabeths is with Dr. Vandor...how is this appointment and for what? Thanks!