Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

spoons and forks

So I had my pre-op nutritionist appointment today and he advised me to get a set of tiny tiny cocktail forks and spoons to eat with. I know its to help get a crasp on bite sizes. It just seems silly to me. So, I was wondering if anyone actually uses them.

I use baby spoon and fork, still pre op but it does help slow you down and it feels weird not to have big bites lol

I use toddler items. Sippy cups (with enlarged holes) and tiny spoons and forks. These have taught me to think small so when I need to use regular items in public I know what size (sip or bite) to use.

I did the first few months post op. However, at 7 months I use regular everything. Best wishes!

Yes...I do have cocktail forks and that is the only fork I will use....and I use baby spoons I got from the Dollar tree (12 for a $1 same kind I got from the hospital). I would strongly suggest you do what they say...it really does help. I found my cocktail forks at 2nd hand stores one here and one there...and I have like 6 now.

I use cocktail fork and small spoon. I also use a very small plate but no sippy cup

I used a demitasse spoon till I could eat bigger bites. And I used a shot glass to sip from. I still use small bowls and saucer instead of a plate at two years out.

Lynda

Thanks for the feedback. I guess those will go on my list of things to pick up.

I tried to get some toddler silverware but it is almost as big as regular silverware, so I went to Bed Bath & Beyond and bought some of there cocktail silverware. I also have a Beall's/Burke's where I live and they had some really "adult" looking little cocktail spoons & forks sets. I now have enough to have a set at work, my Mom's and I carry a set in my purse for when we eat other than at home. I have noticed a difference using them. Good luck with your journey :}

I tried to get some toddler silverware but it is almost as big as regular silverware, so I went to Bed Bath & Beyond and bought some of there cocktail silverware. I also have a Beall's/Burke's where I live and they had some really "adult" looking little cocktail spoons & forks sets. I now have enough to have a set at work, my Mom's and I carry a set in my purse for when we eat other than at home. I have noticed a difference using them. Good luck with your journey :}

Great idea on putting a set in your purse...I haven't ate out yet but I am gonna put a set in my purse you never know when you might.

Lisha73: I didn't start using the smaller silverware until a couple months after my surgery but since I have been using them I have noticed that if we end up at the Mother in laws or Brother's for dinner and I used "regular" silverware I am feeling it real quick. I seem to eat MORE than I should be and for some reason faster than I need to be. Since I have started carrying a set with me I can honestly saw I see a difference in how I feel and how much I eat. If I knew how I would post a picture of them on here I would. Good Luck to you :}

Mini Me Wanna~Be thanks...I am almost 4 weeks post op and everyday I learn new things every day! Looking forward to each day and a new me! Good luck and keep moving forward.

I have found inexpensive and really pretty small bowls and tiny plates at Target and CVS (in their summer cookout/picnic supply section). I hadn't really thought of using small utensils, but it makes perfect sense--thank you for the tip!

I got 2 quiche bowls for after surgery to eat from. They are like 5 inch diameter circles, and they are ceramic, so they may hold the heat a little bit if I eat really slow.

I also bought demasste spoons, and cocktail forks. I will have a set in my purse for when I am out. (I found a cheapo tampon-hiding bag to keep them in, just as a side note).

I am eating greek yogurt with a baby spoon RIGHT NOW!