Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi I'm new here and am considering getting the sleeve done. My insurance requires the consecutive 6 month weight loss program before approval so if I do have it done it won't be until January ish.... Since i haven't started the 6 month program yet. I just wanted to make myself known since mainly I've just been reading other's posts to get more info. Any advice is welcome :)

Welcome to the community! These forums are a great source of knowledge and support for your upcoming journey. The search tool at the top right is very powerful! The next 6 months are going to fly by. I was actually thankful for that time as it allowed me to get all of my preop work done and learn as much as I could.

Good luck!

Welcome to the community! These forums are a great source of knowledge and support for your upcoming journey. The search tool at the top right is very powerful! The next 6 months are going to fly by. I was actually thankful for that time as it allowed me to get all of my preop work done and learn as much as I could.

Good luck!

Thank you! :)

Welcome.... I've been considering having the sleeve done since last fall, but I only got serious about it this spring. I'm in my 6 month weight loss program, and have just been to my first month's meeting, so I have 5 months to go on it. I'm hoping by November or December to be able to schedule the surgery.

I had the Psych eval done, and my insurance wouldn't cover most of it because I wasn't accepted yet for the weight loss surgery. Well, heck! I can't even apply for that until after this 6 months! Soooo....if I were you, you may want to hold off on that part of the requirement (if your insurance requires that), until real close to the end of your 6 month diet requirement. Yep, I'm bummed....I'm rather poor and that $300.00 was not in my budget!

Anyway.... what I meant to say before I got sidetracked... was welcome!

I start my 6 months June 24th when I have my first dietician and psychologist appointment. I'm looking at surgery in Decembe. Welcome and good luck!

Thanks... its nice to know that there are other people on here at about the same stage as me. I did end up calling today to start my six month program so I should be starting soon :)

Hello today I had my first appointment with the nut. And what she told me was i won't be able to get a surgery date until maybe the first of the year. And if i miss one appointment with her. I will have to start all over again another six months. She also said your month start from the first day you meet with her.

Keep us updated :)

Hi I'm new here and am considering getting the sleeve done. My insurance requires the consecutive 6 month weight loss program before approval so if I do have it done it won't be until January ish.... Since i haven't started the 6 month program yet. I just wanted to make myself known since mainly I've just been reading other's posts to get more info. Any advice is welcome :)

Good luck on this journey the one thing you will learn is that every doctor , insurance , and Nutrionist are all different ... I had to do the 6month weight loss I'm down 42 lbs and my surgery is schedule for July 11 ... It will fly by trust me ... I'm so thankful I had this time to plan & read and do all my homework ... Before the big day

Welcome ... I have 4 more visits myself. 1 next week. I've had 2 already. It feels long some days and then it feels like time is flying by on others. :)

Welcome, and good luck on your journey.

Six months seems like a long time, but it'll fly by.

Like someone mentioned, peruse the message board...ask questions.

I did pick up the big book on the gastric sleeve.....I think if I had a tablet, I'd prefer to have a download rather than the physical book.....that book is BIG.....the tablet would be easier to cart around, and less conspicuous to read in public, since I'm keeping my WLS quiet......Good luck!