Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you feel 3 months out

I am going to have my surgery in 6 weeks they are telling me. I have a cruise that is already paid for. Its the beginning of October. I am wondering if 3 months is going to be long enough for me to recover and get going with everything. I really could use some of you to chime in and tell me how it was for you after 3 months post op

I'm 10 weeks out and I'm totally fine! I can tolerate anything and eat anything (just smaller quantities). My energy levels are great!! Go for it!!

Three months out all was well!

Don't buy clothes until day before you leave ;) I switch clothes sizes every few weeks it seems!

this is good news for me, too...I had surgery May 6 and have a cruise scheduled to leave October 13...I will be 5 months out by then...from what y'all are reporting, by 5 months I should be able to enjoy the cruise--well not the food of course lol

Thank you so much.... You all have set my mind at ease. I have been sitting here freaking out thinking i better call them and say never mind i will do it this fall. I really don't want to wait but i don't want to be sick and miserable on my trip. My cruise is Hawaii October 4th :-)

You will be fine by then. I was released to all foods at 6 weeks out. So you will enjoy the food also. We are cruising around the hawaian islands in sep for our 45 anniversary. Am really looking forward to it.

I am so glad that i will be okay by Oct then... This is a family cruise so i don't want to miss out spending time with everyone because i am sick. I am so excited but yet scared to death!!! I hope its normal to feel that way :-*

What kind of food are you able to tolerate?

I am four weeks out today and feel great. I can eat anything and have never thrown up. I think the hardest part was just being tired afterwards. Not much pain. I hope you have a good time with your family on the cruise. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Thank you i hope that we have fun. You all are giving me engorgement that i can do this.

I am at 2.5 months and have lost 51 lbs. I can eat what I want and work out how I want. You shouldn't worry about it. Just follow the program to lessen your chances for complications.

Thank you ........