Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am pre-op, and trying to start on cutting back on the sugar intake. This will be the hardest for me, so best to start early! I will do the pre-op diet 1 week before surgery.

Here's my deal....I can drink CL, but it increases my stomach acid. I really want to barf right now...but need the Water. Does anyone else have this problem? I am already on Prilosec (Rx'ed 40mg, 2 times a day), and this has no effect! I believe it is the artificial sweetener that is causing this.

Any suggestions on what else I can drink? I just hate plain Water. :P I already have unsweet tea and green teas on the list, but I sure do like fruity flavors. :)

Thanks!

Yes Kellogg's Special K has a Protein mix for your Water, Walmart has and I got mine at krogers. I hope that helps

post-31596-13813665498938_thumb.jpg

Have you tried MIO?

I tried MIO when it first came out. I think it was the peach tea. GAG! Perhaps I should try another.

The Special K drinks, from what I see on the labels of the ready to drink bottles, are more Carb than Protein. Dr. says NO! to the Special K.

crystal light commonly uses aspertane for it's sweetener, mio uses sucralose(splenda). So you might want to give mio a try, then if that is better you will know what to look for when you look at different drink mixes. Good Luck.

Yeah give Mio another shot if splenda doesn't bother you.... I highly recommend the Strawberry-Watermelon..ha! Also, I don't add a whole lot to mine. Just a little flavor goes a long way without having too much artificial sweetener.

I really like the dansai liquid Water flavors it comes like mio in the little squirt bottles.

Another thought try putting mint leaves & a lime for a mojito flavor- all natural!

Try cuecumber slices or put berries in ur water bottle & mash w/spoon. I've had rosemary Water at a resturant- water w/ a small sprig of rosemary fresh hanging out in the bottom of the pitcher.

allons-y

I really like the Syntrax Nectar Protein Powder.< /p>

I find it not quite as sweet as the Crystal Light.

The pkg I use is 100 cals but 23g of Protein.< /p>

I fill my 20 oz Water bottle with water,ice the powder and shake.< /p>

I use it as Breakfast as it's handy for me being on the road at 6am and it lasts me quite a while even being pre-op.

The only flavor I didn't like was a sample the Dr gave me of Cookies & Cream:(

Have tried and love the lemonade, pink grapefruit and strawberry/kiwi.

The Special K is for your Water not the shakes. It have 30 calories and 5 grams Protein and very little carbs. At least this has nutritional value and helps with your protein. Crystal light does not and the taste is blah.

My digestive system just cannot handle the sugar-free stuff. Like a few others have mentioned, I would also suggest infusing natural flavors into your Water to give some variety.

I just found a pitcher at Target for $7.99 that has a little plastic piece that slides in, so you can put your fruit or whatever into the pitcher without it floating around in your Water, and take it out easily once it has the flavor you want.

So, I mix it up by added things like lemon, lime, cucumber, orange, mint, basil, or rosemary. And you can make different combinations according to your tastes.

Oh and PS - I am 6 weeks post-surgery, and I have virtually lost all my sugar cravings. I no longer have to fight that intense urge to eat or drink something sugary. So, hopefully you will find it much easier to post-surgery as well. Good luck!

Oh and forgot to mention that there are 2 brands of flavored water I like that have no sugar or sugar substitutes. Hint Water has various flavors. And Metromint has a variety of mint water flavors. To me, the chocolate mint flavor tastes like I'm drinking a dessert.

Maybe try sugar free kool aid just an idea

True Lemon is not as sweet as Crystal Light and is sweetened with Stevia. They also have a raspberry lemonade flavor also. Please try and stay away from aspartame and sucralose.