Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 6 weeks post OP!! I'm a horrible horrible sleever tho. It's not about eating things I'm not supposed to... I just rarely eat. I get in about 25-30 g of Protein every day. I haven't had a Protein Shake since about a week post OP. I can't do it. The thought of a protein shake makes me wanna hurl. I'm released to "all" foods now (except the breads, pastas, rice) so I'm trying to get my protein from food, but clearly it's not working. I don't even eat veggies or fruits anymore. Everything I eat it's protein, and I eat as much of it as I can in one sitting.

That's another thing. No drinking 30 min before/30 min after.. How an I supposed to get all my Water in?? I'm getting MAYBE 30oz a day. I'm going to wind up dying I fear. I'm working out, and losing great, but at what cost?

Sw:309

Weight day of surgery:292

CW:258

Oh.. And to make it EVEN worse.. I take about 3 Vitamins a WEEK.. I either forget, or I've decided I can't take ONE more multi Vitamin or I'll die from the amount of vomit I'll produce. What the hell am I doing??

HI ASHBHEY. I am 6 weeks post op also .. you are welcome to email me and we can get thru this together.. I was having panic and anxiety attacks in the begining because of these requirements and thought what the %$^& have i done . Listen I aim for 45g Protein and 48 0z of water.. I even told my PA if you cant drink b4 you eat for 1/2 an hour and after you eat for at least 1/2 and hour,, then what the hell... theres not enuf hours in the day..... do the math....Anyhow I bought some Protein Powder ( unflavored ) and have been making iced Decaf coffee. so with a little milk its 20g of protein and 16 0z of water...so now all i need is 25 grams more of protein (the least).. Its not so hard to do that . I am sure you can. The Vitamins I always remember the morning ones but do forget the nite ones on occasion. I bought a Vitamin holder and put it in my kitchen so its in my face. I use the vita craves Gummy multi and a gummy Calcium with vitamin d.(natured bounty). also I take b-12 I found one that melts under your tongue and Biotin and another Vitamin D. I gotta go for blood work next week and hoping for the best.........BY the way you have lost so much weight ,,I am jealous ,I am a slow loser ...LOL :)

Iam also 6 weeks out and I deff am not having these issues. Iam not trying to be a smart ass but you really need to sit down with your Nut and figure out a game plan.i don't know what kind of Vitamins you are getting but every ing I got taste like candy I can't believe that they Vitamins iam eating.

They want me to get 100grams of protien I average 60 and 70 grams from food. I eat 6 to 7 time a day I constantly feel like iam eating

Breakfast 1 1/2 eggs 10 grams

Poly o lol cal string cheeses 9 gram

lunch varies between avg 15 Grms

snack Hard boiled egg. 7 gr

dinner ave. 15 gr

If iam really rehung I will drink a shake 30

It just a example I don't if this will help you.

I do have a issue with Water iam about 50 ounces they want me to take in a 100oz iam failing at that

HI ASHBHEY. I am 6 weeks post op also .. you are welcome to email me and we can get thru this together.. I was having panic and anxiety attacks in the begining because of these requirements and thought what the %^& have i done . Listen I aim for 45g Protein and 48 0z of Water.. I even told my PA if you cant drink b4 you eat for 1/2 an hour and after you eat for at least 1/2 and hour' date=', then what the hell... theres not enuf hours in the day..... do the math....Anyhow I bought some Protein powder ( unflavored ) and have been making iced Decaf coffee. so with a little milk its 20g of protein and 16 0z of water...so now all i need is 25 grams more of protein (the least).. Its not so hard to do that . I am sure you can. The Vitamins I always remember the morning ones but do forget the nite ones on occasion. I bought a Vitamin holder and put it in my kitchen so its in my face. I use the vita craves Gummy multi and a gummy Calcium with Vitamin d.(natured bounty). also I take b-12 I found one that melts under your tongue and Biotin and another vitamin d. I gotta go for blood work next week and hoping for the best.........BY the way you have lost so much weight ,,I am jealous ,I am a slow loser ...LOL :)[/quote']

Thanks for responding. My calcium and B12 aren't bad.. It's my dang multi that I hate. My Dr only allows bariatric multi.. But I bet given the circumstances, he'd rather me take SOMETHING rather than not. I go for blood work next Friday (the 10?) And I'm pretty nervous about it. Before surgery, I loved coffee.. Now I can't stand it. Hot cold, whatever. Also, frankly I don't have the $ to keep buying all these different protein powders or supplements to keep hating them.. So I'm just trying with food. I don't wanna do harm to my body, but dang.. Idk what else to do.

Iam also 6 weeks out and I deff am not having these issues. Iam not trying to be a smart ass but you really need to sit down with your Nut and figure out a game plan.i don't know what kind of Vitamins you are getting but every ing I got taste like candy I can't believe that they Vitamins iam eating.

They want me to get 100grams of protien I average 60 and 70 grams from food. I eat 6 to 7 time a day I constantly feel like iam eating

Breakfast 1 1/2 eggs 10 grams

Poly o lol cal string cheeses 9 gram

lunch varies between avg 15 Grms

snack Hard boiled egg. 7 gr

dinner ave. 15 gr

If iam really rehung I will drink a shake 30

It just a example I don't if this will help you.

I do have a issue with Water iam about 50 ounces they want me to take in a 100oz iam failing at that

Thanks. I just emailed my nut asking for a one on one appointment. I know what I am needing to do.. It's just being able to do it. I have a very hectic life (twin 2yr old daughters!) And I think that prevents me from managing my time properly.

Ashbhey, hang in there. Things get better. As the swelling go down in your stomach you should be able to eat/drink more. It is important to get in your Protein so that you lose fat instead of muscle and of course the fluids help keep you from getting dehydrated. I know what you mean about the bariatric Vitamins. I take Gummy Multivitamins for adults. In a couple of weeks I have my 3 month post-op appt with my surgeon and he told me he would order blood work then. I figure I'll make adjustments to my Vitamins then if needed.

Good luck with getting your vitamins/proteins/liquids in daily. Just remember that you went through this surgery so you could get healthy....and you know what you need to do to...no need to "bash" you over this, but I can give you a swift kick to get you going :P <kick><kick><kick>

Wow swampdonkey ,,I am jealous ,, i gonna try your menu .. see if i can get that all in.... :lol:

I am going through the exact same thing and I'm 8 wks out this week...I barely eat or drink and because of that afraid to take my Vitamins in fear of throwing up...if u find something that works for u let me know because I can use the help!

This is my progress. Left is morning of surgery.. Right is this morning!