Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low White Blood Cell Count

Has anyone's dr ever told them their white blood cell count is low??

Mine has only ever been high.

Hi, I realize this was posted over a year ago but I was wondering what your surgeon told you about your WBC count being low? I have just gotten some blood work back from the doctor, and they told me the same (although I am pre-op)...just wondering what implications it might have for me before I contact my surgeon/nutritionist. Hope it was nothing serious for you. Thank you.

My wbc and platelets were both low... I'm trying not to freak out... got my results by email from lab, doctor tomorrow, not the surgeon who ordered the cbc, but my family doctor. Hope he can shed some light on it. I hear low wbc and platelets, and I immediately think leukemia... hopefully it's nothing... stupid internet... lol

How low?

Mine came back last week at 3.5 (4-7 i think being 'normal) and was flagged as High by the lab. The doc said that wasn't clinically significant or even worrisome since it wasn't off the charts and most other things were okay. (I do have genetically high cholesterol, but that doesn't have anything to do with wbci'm told.)

The doc did at first ask about nutrients, of which i get plenty and do well, and so in the end she said not to worry unless I felt ill, had fever or any other symptoms to check out. They'll test again in 6 months--I'm currently one year from surgery, just FYI.

I have a similar question. My wbc is low as well 3.1. I do have an autoimmune disease so the cause is known. Rest of blood work was normal.

I'm at the end of a very long process and I have my final medical clearance next week. Will they still do the surgery?

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

Edited by pstarf

I was sleeved 12/18/2018 and now my last two blood test came back low white blood cell and low neutrophils absolute. I see my Dr tomorrow. She was a bit concerned the last time so i had the second blood test 6 months apart. So well see what happens tomorrow. I have a form of leukemia in my family on my mothers side. So of course im worried.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches