Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today i started mushies. I ate what is a very small amount of moi moi (ground black eye peas, boiled and seasoned, very yummy nigerian dish), it went down with no issues but about 3 minutes after finishing i fdlt and still feel the need to barf. I thought i might have this problem of not really knowing when im full. It was an issue before surgery as well.i think i will stick to 2 bites from now on.

I have and still struggle with this. I'm about to move into soft solids.. The only thing that has worked for me. (my mind is still thinking big portions my stomach is NOT) is to use a kitchen scale and only put 2.5 oz or less on my plate.

It's not so much that I am eating too much (I did that the first couple of times) it's that I put too much on the plate and can't finish it. Try starting out with 2oz see how you feel, and increase it by .1 oz each time until you find your bellies sweet spot where you are not too full but you are satisfied.

It also depends on consistency of the foods. I had roast beef hash today that I got 3oz down, but chilli with meat last night I couldn't finish 2oz.

It's really a guessing game, but I think it will get easier as you go further out. I've read that it is 6-8 weeks before swelling is gone and you get the true size of your new pouch.

Mine is kanuri @livingmylife.

Thats a good suggestion. Biker

Today i started mushies. I ate what is a very small amount of moi moi (ground black eye peas' date=' boiled and seasoned, very yummy nigerian dish), it went down with no issues but about 3 minutes after finishing i fdlt and still feel the need to barf. I thought i might have this problem of not really knowing when im full. It was an issue before surgery as well.i think i will stick to 2 bites from now on.[/quote']

It could be that you may have eaten too fast or the seasoning could have upset your stomach as well and also spicy seasoning can upset you as well! My biggest problem after surgery was knowing when I was full so just be patient because as you go along and the time passes you when learn the sign of being full! Good luck and Congrats on your surgery it def gets better with time!

It could be that you may have eaten too fast or the seasoning could have upset your stomach as well and also spicy seasoning can upset you as well! My biggest problem after surgery was knowing when I was full so just be patient because as you go along and the time passes you when learn the sign of being full! Good luck and Congrats on your surgery it def gets better with time!

*was not knowing when I was full*

Thx for the advice sexiipices77! I'll remember that

I use measuring cups for my food. I'm six weeks out and can eat 1/3 cup of chicken. One ounce is 1/8 of a cup or 2 tbsp. I prefer to measure by volume rather then weight. 3.5 oz by volume is different then 3.5oz by weight. Since the tummy holds by volume and not weight that one bite difference can mean satisfied or pain/possible vomit....

I've measured my mush by 1/4 cup. By the end of the first week on mushies, I could up it to 1/2 cup on some things. I eat a 6oz cup of greek yogurt without issues and 1/2 c of cottage cheese, but that seems to be the sweet spot because I can just finish it and have no desire for more. I have not had any mushie meats. It sounds gross to me. Plus, I tried tuna on my first day of mushies and it came right back up.

Yeah i understand about the mushie meat, kinda weird.

I looooove moi-moi,and i make it with eggs and beef however I would not advise eating it in the mushy stage...it is way too heavy and don't forget that Beans with hot pepper(tattashe) is equal to GAS!!! After the surgery many people have gas issues subsequently for a few months!! Am 6mths out and down 92lbs but i can only still have a maximum of 5f fork full of moi moi before i start getting uncomfortable...so give ur self more time before trying it again!!!

Probably a good idea debs. I usually add boiled eggs and sardines and lots of yagi. I agree, its definitely a combination of too many things for my new tum tum.