Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am a March 25th sleever!

Me! Me! I can't wait. I start my liquid diet on Monday then pre op on the 19th

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Just got scheduled today for the 25th. Pre-op on the 21st.

March 25 and start pre op diet Monday.

My doctor doesn't require a pre-op diet (at least not the two weeks that I've heard many people mention). I guess I'll find out more when I get my packet in the mail and go for my pre-op appt. on the 21st.

Anyone freaking out a little bit? I'm not concerned about the surgery itself - I have complete confidence in my surgeon (he removed my gallbladder in January and I had a quick/fantastic recovery with no problems at all). I think my biggest concern is being around people afterwards. I have only told my husband and hairdresser (I laugh to myself every time I write that, but she had gastric bypass 7 years ago and is doing great). Not sure if I will tell anyone - I am very close to my brother and his wife (she is like a sister to me), we do a lot together and am struggling with whether or not to tell them. Since I will probably have a hiatal hernia repaired at the same time, I'm thinking of just going with that since there are diet restrictions similar to what we have to do afterwards (my husband is on board with this plan). I am helping to plan a bridal shower on April 14 and am going to Mexico for a wedding May 26 for 10 days (staying with my brother and sister-in-law). My sister-in-law is diet obsessed (she is a lifetime weight watchers member) and has just recently re-lost a bunch of weight - she has struggled for years too. But she watches everyone's plate and loves to cook and feed people, and is always very curious about "what are you doing" as far as dieting is concerned. I have no problem telling her to back off (and she usually does), but this is why I really don't want to tell her - I know it will be constant "can you have this or that?" (mostly coming from a helpful/concerned place, but I know it will drive me nuts). She will most definitely makes comments about the amount of food I'm eating ("is that ALL you're having?!") and she has made not very nice comments about other people who have had WLS. This is truly the only thing that's bothering me the most about this whole thing. UGH!

I'm on the 25th, too! I'm excited. Most of my coworkers and family know, and most have been very supportive. Those who haven't been super excited for me were more concerned than mean. They just made sure I knew what I was doing and have a good surgeon. I'm in Baton Rouge, LA.

I just picked up my Protein and Meal Replacements. Start pre op diet for my 25th March surgery. I am more worried about this than the surgery. I will be thankful that the surgery will be here soon.

I have huge support from work. They are even having a Protein Drink day in honor of my diet. Many are also starting to walk with me at lunch. Also huge support from my wife and teenage son, friends, family.

I'm in Wisconsin. It would help mental attitude if there was sunshine though. Again...cloudy and rain. Better than snow I guess.

I just failed at day one of my Meal Replacement diet. I'm scared I may not be able to do this.

I just failed at day one of my meal replacement diet. I'm scared I may not be able to do this.

You can do it. It's just the first day. Don't give up! I was sleeved last Tuesday and I feel great.

Hang in there girl everything gonna be alright you can do anything you put your mind to, at least the waiting for approval part is over for you... That's where I'm at submitted to ins yesterday, but surgery scheduler has me penciled in for my surgery to be March 25 w/ me starting liquid diet on the 18th & 21st pre op appt.. This waiting game is messing wit me lol..

Yes my surgery is march 25th too!

@rdt210. My pre op is 3/20, EGD 3/22 and surgery date is 3/25. I have only told my Son (21), daughter (16), husband, mom and step dad. No one else will know. My family is pretty use to me loosing a lot of weight and eventually gaining it all back and then some. I decided long ago that I didn't want to hear all the comments, such as "you didn't have that much weight to loose", or "when is all the weight gonna stop coming off'', and finally the whispers about how much I'm eating. My biggest support group is the people I mentioned above and they are all that matters. I am known to exercise like crazy and even use a diet pill from time to time. I have already changed my eating habits and started to exercise so the rest should be easy. I too am having my hiatal hernia repaired, so that is my reason to everyone else as to why I am going into the hospital and having this surgery. Good look to you all and I will be praying for my March sleevers! I'm so happy we will soon be loosers!