Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some things that I have learned about this journey. One - I do believe as a requirement instead of one visit to a psychiatrist for the evaluation - you should be followed monthly as a prep to get your thoughts together - I don't see the harm as in you are already waiting anyways. Another - family support works miracles. There is no way I could have done this without my family & my friends. Prayer - another big one. If God brings you to it, he will bring you through it. As for me, I have not experienced any nausea. Gas pains are just that - a pain. I'm tolerating my fluids well, just get full very quickly. Another point I'd like to make - as for a person whose WHOLE life revolved food, since the surgery - I have not had a hunger sensation yet which to me is amazing. I've also had my weaknesses ate in front of me such as pizza, Chinese, and it didn't phase me the least. I feel most pain when coughing or getting up off of the sofa to walk. Walking HELPS soooo much. Best remedy. Good luck to everyone in recovery or pre-op! So happy to have the surgery part over with and behind me & now to get through recovery! Just a couple of questions - when did everybody start feeling better with soreness/pain? When did you start being able to sleep on your side?

Glad you are feeling so well, right on about the family & faith! I really started to fell like I could move well without sore/stiff feeling after about 4-5 days. Keep sipping Water and Protein, keep moving. I did laps around my LR/DR/Kitchen every hour!! Slow and steady, by the end of a week you will be fine!

I was sleeved on 2/27. Have slept on my left side since day 2. Still have staples on the right side. Don't really have any pain thank goodness. I am having a hard time getting 60oz of liquid in and 60grams of Protein. Any ideas?

I was sleeved 4days ago i am still in pain and already sick of Soups. when i swallow i can feel the pain and i am purping alot what can i do to help this. I dont know if it is pain or hunger. At this moment i wish i never did this. Helpppppp

Wish I did have a suggestion. I am getting close to maybe 40 oz of Fluid and 30g of Protein give or take some. I constantly try to sip ALL day while I'm awake. Powerade Zero has helped me increase my fluid intake because Crystal Light has changed flavor wise to me. This probably doesn't help lol but just what I do all day. I feel so full quickly now, but constantly try to push to promote healing. Perhaps flavors have changed for you as well? And if you tried something else your taste buds take a liking to you will be more apt to drink more?

I've seen a lot of people say that Proton Pump Inhibitors help with the constant feeling hungry sensations because sometimes it really is just acid. Maybe talk to your dr about that? Personal wise - to help with gas I walk throughout my house all day about every hour and a half - two hours and find it relieves the gas pains much easier. So walking really does help. I've also read some people use Gas-X strips which I've read helps however, I have not personally tried these! Hope this helps!

I got sleeved on 2.28. Sounds like your doing great. I found walking helps as well I'm struggling to get medications down.

I don't feel as much pain when I swallow - although I do find if I sip too much too fast it does cause slight discomfort. Just take intake of fluids slow. If you feel discomfort try slowing down a little. I've also read that some people have different tolerances for temperature for fluids after the surgery such as some people tolerate cold fluids better than room temperature. On second note - I've read cold liquids (h2o) increases the metabolism. I worry about over doing it too, but I try to listen to my tummy and take small, slow sips where as before the surgery I could finish a three liter bottle of Water in a 1 hour & a 1/2. Also - another suggestion sugar free Popsicles may help you too! If your MD allows them. It will increase calories ( depending on how many you are getting a day) and help increase your Fluid in take just take it slow and chew it to a slush consistency.

& congrats on being sleeved on the 28th! I haven't met many people who are so I'm always happy to hear people have had it on the same day! How are you feeling?

I was sleeved 4days ago i am still in pain and already sick of Soups. when i swallow i can feel the pain and i am purping alot what can i do to help this. I dont know if it is pain or hunger. At this moment i wish i never did this. Helpppppp

Ur doc should have told u what to expect. But it gets better the burping is the gas that they put in u to make the stomach larger to wrk. So that's great ur getting it out. Remember ur body is almost brand new so the pain ur experiencing is to get ur body use to reacting to new things. Such as Water and liquids. Am 4 months out in couple days believe it does get better. Just remeber to drink real slow.

I did not think i was going to be so uncomfortable. do u think it is ok tp have bean Soup my mom made me a homemade one i worry about putting extra gass in my system. I am taking your advice amd started to walk and drink more fluids

Thanks for your support

If you are still on clear liquids/full liquids I wouldn't till I spoke with the doctor. That's more of like a food that should be soft/puréed and you are almost there! You honestly don't want to risk hurting yourself without consulting your MD first. If you are looking for a chewing sensation trust me the sugar free Popsicles help. I think you will feel sooo much better with walking more frequently. Although it is discomforting to get up and get going that also gets better the more you walk. Try walking during commercials on TV even if its just a lap through the kitchen and living room or a circle in either. Nothing strenuous. You are completely welcome! Always nice to have someone who knows what you are going through! Anytime! I really hope you start to feeling better soon. When in doubt - always call the doctor. Also maybe you aren't getting in enough Protein. Increasing your protein may help you curb the appetite and feel more full!

I was sleeved on 2-27, at first in the hospital I thought wow, this is it, well its awesome. very litlle pain, felt like myself, and thought I can totally handle this. However, I forgot one thing...I was hooked up to a Dilated pump and getting shots of Toradol every couple hours.

My head could have missing and I would have felt the same way...lol

Facing reality at home minus the hi powered pain pumps and booster shots its a lil different.

In my experience you have to have some level of tough-girl in you. Yes there are some posters out there who had surgery within days of me who are already walking a mile and a half and shopping at Wal Mart. Thats Great. I am jealous and happy for you. With that said thats not the case here.

I am sleeping on my side, with the assistance of two stuffed pillows one in my back holding up pressure their and one on the opposite side holding the pressure under the length of my stomach, I do not lay on the side of my worst upper left incision.

I do not sleep through the night. The pain from my incisions, and the relentless monster growling painful gas that goes on minute after minute I suffer the worst from the gas that just likes to camp out in my intestines. I take 15 mg of Oxycodone every 3 hours , or one an hour. I get up every couple hours to walk my house and go to the bathroom and literally have a heart to heart with god about how good I will be if he just lets me go number 2..lol. ( its gotta relieve that gas right?)

Last night I got so desperate at 4 am I bit open a colace and sucked the inside out. I couldn't just take it because it was a gel cap, apparently a big no-no. It tasted like rat poison. Not doing that again.

I have to have my husband help me in and out of our bed, (it is a lil high up)

I also have to wake him up several times each time in the middle of the night to do this.

I have had issues with diverticulitis in the last couple of years which I associate with the super sensitivity to the horrendous gas pains which I can only compare to end stage labor pains. I have taken gasx strips, milk of magnesia and the colace I bit into. And yes I walk walk walk and sip sip sip.

Does my actual stomach hurt? no just the gas in my intestines.

Am I hungry? No not at all

Have I lost weight? Yes like 7 pounds in 5 days.

Do I regret my decision to be sleeved? No I am in this for the long haul and cant wait to see my results in 6 months.

Am I a whiner? Maybe. But I don't remember reading this on posts before I got my surgery. Maybe I didn't want to see the rough parts and only focused on the before and after pics. Just keeping it real by telling my own experience.

I have been joking the last couple days saying they should have a "victims panel" (LOL)in one of the required pre op classes. Real ppl telling their real accounts of the different stages of the surgery (good bad indifferent ) would have been enlightening and I could refer to that as I go through each stage.

With all this said. I am happy with my decision. I am excited for the future. This isn't easy for my right now where I am on day 5 it can be frustrating, I'm sure lack of sleep, chronic pain and hormones on fire are fueling the fire. Fine. I can deal with it. Just venting. Thanks for listening, without judgement I hope.

J :mellow: