Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have failed the sleeve

I started at 244 the day I was sleeved 9/26/12. I had the 3 week stall lasted 2 weeks the 6 week stall lasted a week the 9 week stall lasted 4 weeks. I lost 3 lbs to go back in a stall that's been 12/14 days strong kind of stopped counting the days on this one I'm at 213 I hate that number :(. My Fluid intake is fine my Protein is fine my exercises fine my carbs not high. My metabolic rate higher than most I was told at 1750. I eat 1000/1200 cals a day. So as I weigh my self this morning and see 213 yet again I feel I have failed is 31lbs all I'm going to get I want to Explode. I workout 7 days a week even if its just a 30 min walk. My hair is good my skin arms tummy boobs is saggy I'm not the kind of person that gets depressed but right now I am so depressed :(. I was not a big eater to begin with and I've always been active my big problem was skipping days without eating and then Benge eating eating the wrong foods. My nut,doc and my Exercise psychologist don't know what's wrong or what to do :( has anyone at all had this any of the vets can add info here? I'm not lossing lots of inches on the stalls or at all I'm in a 16/18 have been sin 2 weeks out and not went down one inch other then in my shins 1 inch there that's all the inches iv lost in 7 weeks.

P.s I can't type for crap on this phone it's a pita so be kind lmao hugz

I was told that 1200 cal a day was more for the maintenance period and that to be losing calories ahould be 700 to 800. I'm sorry you are going through all this..I can't imagine how frustrating it must be. :(

Hi Artsong,

I would like to congratulate you on your loss of 31 lbs. I can understand your frustration but the truth is you have lost a significant amount of weight. It is clear you are doing all you are supposed to be doing, so something needs to be tweaked. I am a RN, but not a dietician, exercise expert or even a "veteran" so maybe I am out of line offering advise but you can decide for yourself if you want to take it.

If I were in your shoes, I would try to shake up your body by alternating calories on a day to basis. Maybe do a light caloric day then a higher calorie day. It seems like you could reduce your weekly caloric intake. I would also try to split your exercise. If it is possible, I would try to do about 10 minutes of vigorous aerobic exercise before you go to work. This increases the metabolism throughout the day. Then your regular workout at night.

I am only sleeved a couple weeks and my weight loss has been slow and steady but the above will be my plan of attack when I hit a stall.

Best of luck to you. Keep your chin up.

I go up and down on cals that dose not seem to do much on my 4 week stall that was 2 1/2 weeks ago I was doing 800/1100. My workouts are Cardio and strength training a number of DVDs zumba,p90x, slim in 6, and most all Jillian's DVDs and 2 kettlebel DVDs elliptical treadmill exercise bike home gym. My resting Calorie burn rate is 1750 that is I burn 1750 cals just sitting breathing. This is what Confuses my surgeon Nutritionalists and Exercise psychologist so much. I have very bad ADD,ADHD so I have to be moving at all times or I go nuts. It's great for my job lmao. I'm on no birth control And had no co Obese issues before surgery.

I follow these rules but every doc/nut. Is different, 6-800 calories , 64 ounces Water, 30 or less fat and 40 grams if carbs. At 9-12 months (maintenance) 8-1000 calories and 65 grams of Protein. I lose 10-12 pounds then stall for 3-4 weeks (which is really needed) I've lost 61 pounds in 6 months (Monday is 6 months) and I've gone from a 20/22 to a size 10/12 petite . Hope this helps, don't give up!

I know you're frustrated and expected better results so far. I want to try to encourage you that at just over three months out, a 31 lbs loss is actually a very good loss! You're losing about ten pounds a month! I know some people have lost faster, but that's not a bad loss at all, especially considering you've had several stalls and still lost that much. I think you are going to lose just fine, it just may take a bit longer for you than for some others.

Just curious, have you tracked your carb intake at all? Some people are super carb sensitive and they need their carbs much lower than others in order to lose. I'm not sure if that's the case for you, but it's something to look into. Don't get too down on yourself. This is a long process; a marathon, not a sprint. Just keep plugging away doing what you're doing and the weight will come off.

Another thing, don't say "I have failed" because that kind of negative self talk will only hinder your progress. The more you tell yourself you have failed, the more likely you are to start acting like you have failed and that can't be good for long term progress. Don't beat yourself up, from the sounds of your post, you haven't done anything wrong! You are doing all the right things, therefore you haven't failed. Keep your head up. Take things one day at a time. Remember that even a slow loss is still a loss. hugs.

I follow these rules but every doc/nut. Is different' date=' 6-800 calories , 64 ounces Water, 30 or less fat and 40 grams if carbs. At 9-12 months (maintenance) 8-1000 calories and 65 grams of Protein. I lose 10-12 pounds then stall for 3-4 weeks (which is really needed) I've lost 61 pounds in 6 months (Monday is 6 months) and I've gone from a 20/22 to a size 10/12 petite . Hope this helps, don't give up![/quote']

I'm trying not to give up and I have thought f the nut and go to 600 cals a few times I will prob just say f the nut and do it anyway. :) coz her plan is so not working every time I talk to her it's up my cals I eat more now then I ever did before sleeved. Lol hugz as always Hun

I know you're frustrated and expected better results so far. I want to try to encourage you that at just over three months out' date=' a 31 lbs loss is actually a very good loss! You're losing about ten pounds a month! I know some people have lost faster, but that's not a bad loss at all, especially considering you've had several stalls and still lost that much. I think you are going to lose just fine, it just may take a bit longer for you than for some others.

Just curious, have you tracked your carb intake at all? Some people are super carb sensitive and they need their carbs much lower than others in order to lose. I'm not sure if that's the case for you, but it's something to look into. Don't get too down on yourself. This is a long process; a marathon, not a sprint. Just keep plugging away doing what you're doing and the weight will come off.

Another thing, don't say "I have failed" because that kind of negative self talk will only hinder your progress. The more you tell yourself you have failed, the more likely you are to start acting like you have failed and that can't be good for long term progress. Don't beat yourself up, from the sounds of your post, you haven't done anything wrong! You are doing all the right things, therefore you haven't failed. Keep your head up. Take things one day at a time. Remember that even a slow loss is still a loss. hugs.[/quote']

Yeah I my fit pal log everything but workouts from time to time coz my fitbit messes with the cal burn on loged workouts. My carbs are norm under 50 sometimes I will let them go to 100 that's not the norm and again the nut wants them at 100 o.0

I go up and down on cals that dose not seem to do much on my 4 week stall that was 2 1/2 weeks ago I was doing 800/1100. My workouts are Cardio and strength training a number of DVDs zumba' date='p90x, slim in 6, and most all Jillian's DVDs and 2 kettlebel DVDs elliptical treadmill exercise bike home gym. My resting Calorie burn rate is 1750 that is I burn 1750 cals just sitting breathing. This is what Confuses my surgeon Nutritionalists and Exercise psychologist so much. I have very bad ADD,ADHD so I have to be moving at all times or I go nuts. It's great for my job lmao. I'm on no birth control And had no co Obese issues before surgery.[/quote']

Artsong-

First off I'm sending you positive vibes and hugs!! You have NOT failed!!! You got this! We were sleeved about the same time. In our OLD life we would have been ecstatic to loose the amount of weight we have in less then 4 months!!

It does sound like you are doing everything right. I agree with one of your previous posters... Maybe do high and low calorie days- you gotta keep the body guessing!! Anytime I hit a stall that's what I do switch up my calories. Ill increase for a day or two and then go back to 700-900. Works everytime.

Also - I'm wondering if you take medication for your ADD/ADHD?

My husband was recently diagnosed with ADHD and they have been trying new medications for him. The last one he was on made him gain 30lbs in 2 months. He was really freaked out because he works out and eats pretty healthy.

Could that be a possibility?

Keep your head held high because at the end of the day you are still getting healthy!!!

Hugs!

I'm so sorry you are struggling! I was sleeved in Mexico and so I don't have a nut. I have researched and researched what every one else was doing and what seemed to work the best. There are so many nuts out there that say sooooo many different things. I was sleeved 9/27 and I'm down 50 pounds as of today. What works for me.... I average about 5-600 calories a day. Mostly dense Protein. 64 oz of Water. 60+protein and try to stay less than 20 carbs. The only time I have had too many carbs.... I stalled.

Now saying that... That's what works for ME. Every person is different. And I'm not saying that will work for you, but if what your NUT is recommending isn't working it may be time to try something different, or find a new NUT.

I really wish you the best!! Just be patient and hopefully you will find what works best for YOU!!

You haven't failed!!!

No I don't take meds for it. I use it to my advantage I'm an artist and designer :) I do 3D Modeling for movies magazines and video games so my ADD,ADHD works for me it's good to be random in my job :)

Yeah I think it's time to drop my cals to 600/750 a day for 2 weeks and see what I get. I have not had anything today so think I will start it today:)

No I don't take meds for it. I use it to my advantage I'm an artist and designer :) I do 3D Modeling for movies magazines and video games so my ADD' date='ADHD works for me it's good to be random in my job :)[/quote']

That's awesome!!! You sound like an amazing person

Art song,

Interested in a buddy. I was sleeved 9/22 so similar start point. I am starting a grad class Monday for 16 weeks and gave a goal of 25 lbs to lose during that time. I'm a sloooow loser too so the roughly 1 1/2 lbs per week us realistic for how things have gone so far for me. Anyhow I know I would benefit with company on my personal challenge. LMK.

Susan

Art song' date='

Interested in a buddy. I was sleeved 9/22 so similar start point. I am starting a grad class Monday for 16 weeks and gave a goal of 25 lbs to lose during that time. I'm a sloooow loser too so the roughly 1 1/2 lbs per week us realistic for how things have gone so far for me. Anyhow I know I would benefit with company on my personal challenge. LMK.

Susan[/quote']

Sound like a plan :) I'm on my fitness pal as well mombrb there