Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my bloodwork results today. I'm 4 months postop. My Rheumatoid Arthritis is officially in remission. This is an absolute shock to me, my PCP, my SUR and my Rheumatologist. It is extremely rare to go into remission when one has a full blown case of RA like I do (did?) I am going to ride this wave while it lasts!! In the meantime, I've given the docs permission to use me as a case study, because apparently my case is fascinating!! LOVE my sleeve!!!

You rock. Thats great news.

I know!!! I'm rocking and so proud of myself I can barely stand it!!!! Lol!! :-)

That's awesome news. Congrats!

OMG, thats wonderful! I hope to be so lucky the further down the line, or at least for my flair-ups to not be so wicked.

That is fantastic!! I hope to get a similar result. I just got labs and 3 weeks after surgery ( couldn't take my RA meds) and my CRP is 4.0. Now I am hoping that I am back on my meds, exercising, and I hope it drops. I have bad inflammation in a tendon in my left wrist. I am hoping to avoid surgery on it.

Wow!!

That is amazing!

Congrats!

Doxieville,

Awesome news. I have seronegative RA. I have been miserable last two years now. I had the surgery to do all I could myself to help my joint pain and reduce the inflammation. I was sleeved 12/19/12 so I can't take any anti inflammatory meds or inject methotrexate until March. I am going to get steroid/pain meds injected into lumbar discs Friday. I hope it helps. Miserable and no sleeping is an understatement. I am so happy for you and so jealous! I hope you stay in remission ALWAYS!

That is fantastic!! I hope to get a similar result. I just got labs and 3 weeks after surgery ( couldn't take my RA meds) and my CRP is 4.0. Now I am hoping that I am back on my meds' date=' exercising, and I hope it drops. I have bad inflammation in a tendon in my left wrist. I am hoping to avoid surgery on it.[/quote']

My CRP was sky high, even with RA meds (enbrel.). My sed rate was always pretty high too. Now my sed rate is 3 and CRP is 0.7!!! That is with no meds other than Celebrex. I have had RA for 28 years, actually probably longer than that, but that's when I was diagnosed. I have, and always will have, a positive RA factor.

Have you had a cortisone shot in your wrist? I had them in my wrists and knuckles. Yes, it weakens the bones, but so does RA! And it's more destructive than cortisone. :-). Hurts like he** but it was def worth avoiding surgery or having my wrists fused. I'd def go for a second opinion before you have surgery.

Good luck and i hope you get the same results as i did!!

OMG' date=' thats wonderful! I hope to be so lucky the further down the line, or at least for my flair-ups to not be so wicked.[/quote']

Oh, I hope so!! I want everyone to be as successful as me!! :-)

Doxieville' date='

Awesome news. I have seronegative RA. I have been miserable last two years now. I had the surgery to do all I could myself to help my joint pain and reduce the inflammation. I was sleeved 12/19/12 so I can't take any anti inflammatory meds or inject methotrexate until March. I am going to get steroid/pain meds injected into lumbar discs Friday. I hope it helps. Miserable and no sleeping is an understatement. I am so happy for you and so jealous! I hope you stay in remission ALWAYS!

[/quote']

Why can't you take Celebrex? That is the one anti-inflammartory that is sleeve friendly. I had to go off it before surgery but was put back on it shortly afterwards. March seems like an awful long ways aways to not take meds. I truly hope the lumbar shots work. Is there anyway you can get another opinion? I know that good Rheumatologists are not easy to find.

My CRP was sky high, even with RA meds (enbrel.). My sed rate was always pretty high too. Now my sed rate is 3 and CRP is 0.7!!! That is with no meds other than Celebrex. I have had RA for 28 years, actually probably longer than that, but that's when I was diagnosed. I have, and always will have, a positive RA factor.

Have you had a cortisone shot in your wrist? I had them in my wrists and knuckles. Yes, it weakens the bones, but so does RA! And it's more destructive than cortisone. :-). Hurts like he** but it was def worth avoiding surgery or having my wrists fused. I'd def go for a second opinion before you have surgery.

Good luck and i hope you get the same results as i did!!

Oh I would love a CRP that low! Yes, I have had the limit of injections in my wrist. I have been wearing a brace on it for over a year. It got so bad, I had to have a device* put on my steering wheel so I could drive. I have 2 autoimmune disorders, RA and Sjogren's so if it isn't managing one, it is the other. The doctor treating my wrist said he doesn't want to give me any more injections because he said the redness of my skin after could be signs of a problem. I just have to make it 2 more weeks till I can restart my Celebrex. Most of the time, I type with one hand or use my voice software. I was doing pretty good until this wrist stuff started Dec 2011. All of this is a big reason I had my sleeve surgery. I know how much my weight is factoring in on this. So your report is just what I needed to hear.

* giant expensive hassle, evaluation, even had to get a driver's test with the device but it sure is nice to know I can drive and it doesn't hurt.

Oh I would love a CRP that low! Yes' date=' I have had the limit of injections in my wrist. I have been wearing a brace on it for over a year. It got so bad, I had to have a device* put on my steering wheel so I could drive. I have 2 autoimmune disorders, RA and Sjogren's so if it isn't managing one, it is the other. The doctor treating my wrist said he doesn't want to give me anymore injections because he said the redness of my skin after could be signs of a problem. I just have to make it 2 more weeks till I can restart my Celebrex. Most of the time, I type with one hand or use my voice software. I was doing pretty good until this wrist stuff started Dec 2011. All of this is a big reason I had my sleeve surgery. I know how much my weight is factoring in on this. So your report is just what I needed to hear.

* giant expensive hassle, evaluation, even had to get a driver's test with the device but it sure is nice to know I can drive and it doesn't hurt.[/quote']

Yep, I have Sjogrens also. I have had to have all of my teeth capped (i have 3 left to do) because w no saliva my teeth rotted. Very expensive and painful! I'm am going in tomorrow to start the work on my last molar. I also have Hashimoto's disease and Raynauds Syndrome. Auto-immune diseases like to bond together!!

I truly hope you'll get relief. Hugs!

Doxieville Lilaclass,

Sounds like we have lots of junk in common on this adventure of life. I feel like autoimmune queen. Celiac disease, rosacea, psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, RA, and then OA on top. It all sucks. Pain pain! I'm hoping weight loss sends pain for a long exile where I'm concerned. I am keeping it real so far though because I don't have a choice. Lost close to 40lbs since August but no good relief yet.

Also, didn't know Celebrex was safe. Have to consider that. I see my rheumatologist on 1/10 for a checkup so I hope we can make some type of headway until I can take meds or injectables again. Good luck to you both with VSG and Arthur.

Yep, I have Sjogrens also. I have had to have all of my teeth capped (i have 3 left to do) because w no saliva my teeth rotted. Very expensive and painful! I'm am going in tomorrow to start the work on my last molar. I also have Hashimoto's disease and Raynauds Syndrome. Auto-immune diseases like to bond together!!

I truly hope you'll get relief. Hugs!

Well you know what they say...autoimmune disease, have one, collect the whole set! I am sorry about your teeth but that makes your remission all the more remarkable!! My teeth have been doing okay but I go to a salivation dysfunction clinic to be monitored.

I just had my surgery 12-6 and my Sjogren's made me miserable the first 24 hours. The hospital didn't give me my Evoxac, saliva producing meds. My mouth was so dry, I had an extremely hard time speaking and the inside of my cheeks were sticking to my teeth. Fortunately my husband stayed with me. But it was so hard to swallow and I was thirsty but because of the surgery, it hurt to swallow and I was nauseated. I was sobbing and telling my husband how this was a huge mistake by 11:00 pm. Then when they would let me take the Evoxac, the nurse said because it was a capsule, I had to take it without the capsule covering. It was like trying to swallow dirt. I knew my doctor didn't instruct to do that with capsules but she insisted and I just wanted my meds. The next morning, the physician assistant for my doctor said I was right and she would clear it up. She said that there were several WLS doctors who had patients on the floor but one of them doesn't allow capsules and the nurses are just trying to be cautious. Thank God, I finally was feeling better, could get fluids down and got discharged. Then day by day, just like they said, it got better. Now I am looking forward to 2013 and getting to a healthy weight. Again, your post is going to give me a lot of inspiration! I just got my Remicade last week so in 8 weeks I will see what my CRP is like at that time. I hope each time it goes down