Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so I'm a little over 8 months out, down from 375 to 240. Yeah, that's great

But for like two months I have been able to eat anything and everything, and I have been! I feel like I can't control myself and I am eating to the point where I am past full, and eating bad stuff.

I'm so scared, I don't want to do this but I just cannot keep the stuff out of my mouth. I have good intentions in the morning, and occasionally have a good day food wise, but it's rare

What do I do? I'm so scared of failing and gaining back all of this weight

Please please help.

Ok so I'm a little over 8 months out' date=' down from 375 to 240. Yeah, that's great

But for like two months I have been able to eat anything and everything, and I have been! I feel like I can't control myself and I am eating to the point where I am past full, and eating bad stuff.

I'm so scared, I don't want to do this but I just cannot keep the stuff out of my mouth. I have good intentions in the morning, and occasionally have a good day food wise, but it's rare

Please please help.[/quote']

Hi I'm pre op and i understand what you mean. My best friend had the sleeve done almost 2 yrs ago, and she can eat any thing. I asked what she does in order for her not to put weight on again. She says, to i love to indulge, but i don't over indulge. I remind myself what I had to do in order to get the weight off. Basically keep a positive mind think on how much you want to stay the way you are instead of thinking about where you don't wanna be. Enjoy indulging just don't over do it keep reminding yourself. You can do it!

Go back to the beginning basics. Work your sleeve one day at a time. You are having success in your weight loss so keep going. You can do this. I will admit, I too, have indulged a little too much. After eating holiday Cookies, and Desserts at work, tamales since Thanksgiving...Oh boy!! WTH!!! Get moving! We are here for you. Good luck hun and I hope you have a Happy New Year!

It's time to go back to the NUT and seek a support group. You don't need to do this on your own if it's too difficult. There is professional help out there.

For me, going back to high Protein and low/moderate carb combined with high intensity exercise energized my losses but more importantly killed my appetite. Unstead of just losing alot i am set to reach goal soon now!

Ok so I'm a little over 8 months out' date=' down from 375 to 240. Yeah, that's great

Please please help.[/quote']

feel like I can't control myself and I am eating to the point where I am past full, and eating bad stuff.

Hun, you've come this far, you've done great

repeating good advice from above

pretend you are a brand new sleever, and go from there. Protein shakes, Water, soft food etc.

find a support group- supportive people (family, friends)

talk to your NUT/surgeon, tell them whats going on

you know what to do, you know proper small portions, put only that amount on plate - no more - then you can't test yourself to eat more than you should(no, no, no on 2nd helpings)

try these two exercises

push yourself away from the table - push, push, push, your arms will get stronger ;)

when food is towards mouth, pull arm/hand backwards - repeat - keep pulling on hand away from your mouth - hard to do, but important ;)

i do understand about you being "nervous, scared" - you've worked too hard to mess up now

overweight all your life?? - thats all you are are used to - don't sabotage yourself now - please don't!!

immediately"'get yourself together", don't wait til tomorrow, and you will be off to a great new year, and you will be so much healthier and happier

i have confidence in you- you can, need and will do this!!!

good luck

I agree with the advice everyone above gave. Seek help, get back to basics. You can do this!!!!

I'm here to support you! PM me if needed!

Get rid of the carbs.

Breads, pastas, rice, potatoes, sugary sweets.

They have this magic ability to trigger cravings for more of them. Resetting is a really good idea. Remember though, if you've been overindulging in simple carbs, you will likely have to fight the head hunger again.

This is exactly why I believe that we should avoid certain foods.

You've done it once, you can do it again. Don't forget your food journal. You have to know exactly where you are at so you don't return to it.

You haven't failed unless you give up.

So don't give up. You can recalibrate yourself in just a few days. It may not be the most fun you have ever had, but if you got as far as you have, you already have what it takes to do it