Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vitamin Question (Definitely Not A 'gone Wild' Topic)

So... if I don't take my Vitamins first thing in the morning, I find myself forgetting to take them throughout the day. I'm a Nurse manager and find myself running from crisis to crisis and meeting to meeting. Rarely do I get quiet time at my desk.

Can I take all my vitamins together???? I know I have to separate my Iron and my omeprazole from other stuff.

morning:

• Chewable MVI
  • Citrical petities x4
  • Viactiv chews x2 (hubby bought them for me so I'm taking 2 a day just to use them up but still taking my citrical too)
  • d3 5000 IU
  • Biotin 10,000 mcg
  • b-complex with Vitamin c
  • b-12 sublingual

afternoon (empty tummy)

• Ferrous Sulfate

bed-time

• omeprazole

The only thing you don't want to mix is Calcium with Iron. Leave a couple of hours out between that and the rest.

I take everything in the morning and then just throw six Bariatric calcium chews into my pocket. They're better off taken a little bit (two chews) throughout the day than all at once as your body can't assimilate that much Calcium at once anyhoo.

I have omeprazole in the capsule form. Is there a chewable form? I guess I could empty the capsule into some yogurt or something

I have omeprazole in the capsule form. Is there a chewable form? I guess I could empty the capsule into some yogurt or something

If you are doing fine with the capsules than continue with them. That's a whole lot easier than adding it to food (though you can open the capsule and add it to yogurt or applesauce). It's better taken on an empty stomach though, so maybe consider putting it by your bed and taking it just as you get up in the morning (that's when I have it).

It does come in a dissolvable form (probably another brand, but still a PPO) but is normally only prescribed to babies or the elderly in that form as it's not as effective as the capsule is. It's also freaking expensive that way as the insurance companies don't like it.

As long as you take it the same time daily (ish) you'll be fine. Switching from night to morning won't hurt you...just skip one dose (they build up in your body so this will have no effect on you). Or take it before lunch, at a break...your job makes that challenging I'm guessing...but whatever time you have a consistent routine is best.

I picked up a new pill case that will actually hold everything and I'm going to take it to work with me. I'm a Nurse manager so hopefully no one freaks out about pills on my desk. I think it will help a lot taking everything but the Iron and omeprazole in the morning. I will do the Iron at dinner time and the omeprazole at bedtime.

I had to upgrade my pill case to hold all my vitamins!!!! My pill case used to be full of meds for diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol (9 meds!).... now it's full of Vitamins.

Hey how do you take your Biotin? I can't yet swallow pills only crush

2013 is my year....Sleeved 11/19 Methodist Hosp in NY