Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All of my life I have struggled with my weight. It has been and up and down roller coaster. Today is the day I get off and I pray it's smooth sailing from now on. My hair will be blowing in the wind as I go down from now on till at my goal weight. Wow the last few months have been emotionalI've drred.

Best wishes to you on your journey forward to a new, healthy you!

good luck! congrats on the rest of your life!!!!!!!!

Praying that all goes well and u have a smooth recovery!!!

Woohoo! congratulations! Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life!

Praying everything works out well for you!

Surgery went perfectly. I was discharged on Friday. Each day post-op I feel better. My only issue is I have no appetite and am struggling to get my Protein in. Still having some gas cramps also which more activities should cure. I'm so excited that the scary part is past me. I looking forward to a get summer next year with a whole new wardrobe and 200 percent more confidence to boot!

Surgery went perfectly. I was discharged on Friday. Each day post-op I feel better. My only issue is I have no appetite and am struggling to get my Protein in. Still having some gas cramps also which more activities should cure. I'm so excited that the scary part is past me. I looking forward to a get summer next year with a whole new wardrobe and 200 percent more confidence to boot!

I was sleeved on the 6th. I, too, have no appetite. I try and drink one syntax nectar Protein Drink (24 grams of protein) and at least 20-36 Ozs. Of Water. This is only half of what I am supposed to drink, but its a start! My worst is trying to get down 2 multi Vitamins...they are nasty! My favorite flavor of the Protein is roadside lemonade....really good.

Walking as much as I can. All in all things aren't too bad! I have no regrets and am also looking forward to a great 2013! It's going to be our year! Hang in there...we can do it!

So, I am two days post-op and am wondering when I start adding my Protein Shakes back in. I had a very rough recovery after surgery and am having difficulty burping. Any suggestions welcome.

I spent the first 48 hrs. Vomiting about every hour...it was terrible! I was sleeved on Tuesday, went home on Thursday, started Protein Drinks on Friday. Your body needs Protein to heal. It's Sunday morning, and I'm not perfect, but I'm feeling better and better every day! Hang in there and try to get as much protein and Water in as you can. You can do it!

Right now, I'm mixing one package of Syntrax nectar powder with 16 oz of Water. It has 23 grams of Protein. First two days I didn't quite finish it cause I also sipped plain Water. Yesterday I finished the whole shake and a 16 ounce bottle of water! Today thus far my favorite flavor has been Roadside Lemonade. Really quite good with strawberry kiwi a close second. Didn't care too much for the crystal sky flavor. Today I used the double stuffed cookie flavor and added the package to about 9 ounces of 1% milk and about one ounce of water. It is pretty tasty. I don't like milk at all, so that says a lot! The added bonus of the milk is that you get an additional 8 grams of protein!!! Making today's shake a whopping 31 grams of protein!

You can order a sample of 15 different flavors of the nectar on BJ Bariatrics website. They have more than 15 flavors and you can choose your own. It has been a lifesaver!

Good luck to you!

I bought some favored shakes from my doctor named my weight fruit Protein Shakes. I drink two per day and add some vanilla whey Protein to each. One scoop of whey protein is 26 grams of protein plus the two shakes gets me to 56 grams. Pretty good and close to the 60 my NUT wants. I also find that hot tea (peppermint) goes down well I'm working toward three cups a day with a little equal. I read online that peppermint tea is a remedy for gas. Plus hot tea is on my list. This is the first day I'm very close to goal. Plus I walked over 3 miles during three periods today. I feel good!!!