Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brown Baggin' It At Lunch--Need Help

ok I am about 7 weeks post op and I am on mostly solid foods, I am having a really hard time finding lunch ideas to take to work that are not our staple, Soup, tuna salad, egg salad or chicken salad. I use my meals to get my Protein in because I cannot stomach the Protein Drinks at the moment. Please if anyone has any good ideas for lunches to take I would greatly appreciate any ideas you may have.

I have been eating a lot of fish which is great for me but not so much for the people who work around me, microwave fish is never a good smell. :ph34r:

Hi there. I have dry curd cottage cheese (half to 3/4 cup) with a couple tbsp of salsa almost every work day. It is 22g of Protein per half cup and low in calories. I actually like the taste so it works out :) I too cannot drink protein, makes me nauseous to even smell it. I also like the small tins of Thai chili tuna with a couple crackers (15g of protein), but you're looking for not fish. I take a couple of cheese strings for coffee breaks. Gotta avoid the cakes and Cookies. :)

Hi kerbarrett, I am also 7 weeks out today and pack my lunch just about every day. Some days I am bringing some boiled shrimp, a few pistacchios and cottage cheese. I have also been bringing good ham with a piece of cheese rolled up in it and some spicy brown mustard to dip it in. I also am doing lots of eggs, tuna, cheese and greek yogurt and cottage cheese just like everyone else!! I did get on the world accoding to eggface (my most favorite blog) this last weekend and make 2 batches of her Protein Bites, one was ham and cheese and the other was bacon and swiss. They are the perfect size to eat 3 at lunch and are yummy!

Pinto Beans (not refried) with cheese and salsa. I also steam veggies with parmesean and Mozz. cheese. 1 lean meatball with marinara sauce. I make pot pies for the family from scratch and take the insides about 1/4 cup. It has veggies and chicken.Plus all the other items that were mentioned.

I have been watching a lot of youtube videos. There is a gal on there who shared a lot of her foot she ate. I'm not where I can look her up, but I will try to tomorrow and you can go to her "what I eat" video.. I was so glad and took down some notes.

She talks about turkey meatballs.. 3 of them , microwave for a few minutes, and its like 18 calories. She also found at sams club, chicken stuffed with broccoli, and a couple others and it was like 29 grams of Protein for 6 oz. She went to the appetizer section and found little beef bites wrapped I. Bacon, that was high in protein also.. she talked about loving mexican food and using a can of chicken, some fat free refried Beans and some cheese, a few minutes in the microwave, and had a little mexican cassarole. She also made several diff types of lettuce wraps that sounded rrsl easy.

Hope that helps, and I will try to find her on youtube and repost with her screen name.

I take my lunch daily and find it tiring. This is my routine and I hope it helps. I have access to a microwave and a toaster oven. I tend to take leftovers from the night prior especially greens and Protein. What I found worked for me early on was to write a menu monthly and stick it on the fridge and stick to it. I make a pot of Soup on Sunday and eat it all week. I know your tired of soup, but do you have fresh soup or canned. I find it makes a difference. I use the americas test kitchen cookbook and alter as needed. I shop at costco and they have pregrilled sliced chicken breasts that are really handy.

chicken tortilla

Turkey chilli with Beans and a sprinkle of cheese; I even toss in half a hot dog too or guacamole

Senate bean soup with ham

Chicken and vegtable soup

Pasta fagoli soup less the Pasta

Beef and veg soup

Protein and steamed veg from prior dinner

chicken stew

black bean soup

Potato ham soup

It was nice meeting you at the meeting on Thursday. My friend has told me that she makes taco without shell. Retried Beans, cheese, and a little ground beef cook it for 10 min in the oven at 350 degrees. You can put a little of guacamole or salsa on top. It's yammy!!!