Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling Down

Tomorrow I will be 3 weeks post up and still not feeling great. I did have some complications and after my two week postop checkup figured out my blood pressure was so low and was causing my excessive dizziness. After adjusting meds I can finally stand on my feet without feeling faint. But now the dry heaves have begun! They can happen in a flash and it is so frustrating not to mention my husband says I am mentally causing all of my symptoms. He was supportive at first, now I feel alone. My closest family is 2000 miles away. Just want to rewind time and take back the surgery and trying so hard not to feel sorry for myself, but no success.

So sorry for your problems! I hope you will soon feel better. Thinking of you!

want to rewind time and take back the surgery

Hey Teach

sorry for your problems/complications

glad things are getting better with adjustment of meds, especially HB

please give the sleeve a chance to help you :huh:

you probably went through 3,, 6 maybe more months of insurance, prepping for the sleeve., getting info, getting prepared for WLS- please don't throw in the towel at 3 weeks :(

hopefully the dry heaves will disappear as quickly as they started. glad your not feeling faint anymore, look up, try and think positive - things should continue to improve

don't be sad now, the best will come - and the rewards are amazing. you will be in a new healthier, happier world. :)

my health - no more diabetes meds/insulin - hb meds - no CPAP, knees feel better and much more WooHoo!!!! :)

hope your hubby gets back on track, and becomes supportive again

take care

good luck

It really sucks to be sick like this! It will ended..... Have you spoken to your surgeon about it? Why does your husband say that it's your emotions doing this? Sending some healing energy your way. :)

I am so sorry you are having a bad experience. Ask your doc about coming off your bp meds. If you are dehydrated or not getting enough Protein that can really make you sick. I was sick at my stomach a lot the first two weeks even though I was taking nausea medicine. As mentioned above, I am off my HB pills, pre-diabetic pills, and no longer taking over 1600mg ibuprophen for my osteoarthritis. Things will look up. A lot of people don't realize this is a major surgery. Our stomach wasn't bypassed....a lot of it was removed. It's a big life change. The sleeve is a great surgery and you will appreciate it when you get to feeling better. Hang in there. Try the Protein Shots (3oz tube) at Wal-Mart and see if they can help you feel better. I take one a day. Praying for your strength. Remember we are all here for you.

Thank you all for your well wishes and advice. I have a call in to my surgeon. Do you drink the bullet all at once or split it up during the day?

Since our bodies won't accept that much Protein at once I drink half (about 1.5oz) in the morning and the other half when I get home from work. I blend a Protein Shake in the morning and have a pure protein at lunch.< /p>

Hang in there teach. Our bodies have gone through a tremendous amount of trauma. It takes a while longer for some of our bodies to adjust. As far as your husband goes, we men are sometimes inpatient. As others have said, once your meds get straighten out things will start looking better. Make sure you are getting plenty of liquids and stay up on your Protein. Good Luck.

I know it sucks, but it will get better. Once you are aways out like me you won't feel this stuff at all.

I am not sure I agree with your husband, but let me share my little story. I had a lapband removed and felt terrible after that surgery. I was emotional, I felt like I had a fever (but I didn't), I felt depressed and the place where the port was was incredibly sore. I even went in to be checked and saw the physicians assistant - he checked me over really well and other then the fact that I was upset, really couldn't find anything wrong. In hindsight, I realized that my physical complaints had an emotional component. I was grieving the terrible failure and even anger I had over my lapband experience. So, I am not saying this is in your head, but I do know that going through WLS is scary, it is sad in some ways, and really shakes up your whole world. You would be perfectly normal if you have some negative feelings about that; perhaps those feelings influence how you feel physically too. Well, that and the fact that the first month or two post sleeve kinda suck - most of us felt at least a little crappy.

So, for peace of mind, see your surgeon, keep an eye on your symptoms, but also be patient and gentle with yourself as you adjust.

finally feeling much better!

teach5

thanx for the update

i always wonder what happens to a sleever with a problem, how they are doing....glad things are working out for you

its good to be a winner while you are losing

take care

keep up the good job

Remember this mantra: this too shall pass.

You can't undo the past, so just look forward of how to accomplish more in the future from the point where you are standing. And pls know, I haven't had an easy journey neither, but if I can say and do this, I know you can too.

Hang in there sweetie. Best always.