Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Are You Doing September 2012 Sleevers?

I was sleeved 9-14-12 and I'm down 27 lbs since surgery (YAY!) and have already gotten down a size or two in clothes!! I'm thrilled! I'm in that famous 3rd week stall.. but losing inches still! I'm still on pureed type foods and want to wait til I hit 4 weeks post op to start eating soft foods but I'm getting bored with cottage cheese and refried Beans and scrambled eggs and Protein shakes LOL it's SO worth it though!!!

How are YOU doing September Sleevers?

I am so slow! I have lost 12 since surgery on Sept 17 and lost 10 pre -op so 22 total but I am wearing the smallest jeans I had in my closet so I know one day the scale will move! I am not getting all my Water in and need more intense exercise. I am just walking and not enough to get my heart rate up. I am hoping once I make these changes I will see the scale move but I am holding all my food down and already advancing on my foods like mashed potatoes, Soups, ground turkey, etc...

Oh I just love u Angel!!! I too am in the 3 wk stall (revision band-vsg 9-14) but I'm ok with that..I'm back in ketosis, so I'm hopin a lb or 2 will vamoose from my caboose soon!!

I am 1 1/2 weeks post op, (9/26). I lost 14 lbs on the preop week and was back up 7 when I came home. That went away quickly and now I am down 25 overall :) I was very fortunate & my surgery & recovery went very smoothly. I am on a combo of sot/puree and walk everyday but its too early for any kind of intense exercise yet. I am absolutely thrilled with my sleeve & am so glad I made the decision to do this. Hope everyone has a great weekend !

Oh I just love u Angel!!! I too am in the 3 wk stall (revision band-vsg 9-14) but I'm ok with that..I'm back in ketosis, so I'm hopin a lb or 2 will vamoose from my caboose soon!!

you got me thinking and I decided to change my username to include my first name hahahahahaha how dorky am I?! :rolleyes:

Hi Ladies, I am scheduled for my sleeve November 6th.......I am so nervous. Can you give me some encourgement and words of wisdom?

Thank you so much

Kim

Hi Ladies, I am scheduled for my sleeve November 6th.......I am so nervous. Can you give me some encourgement and words of wisdom?

Thank you so much

Kim

well first congrats on your surgery date!! I was very lucky and haven't had any pain or problems at all.. unless you count dry heaving right after surgery but that was from the anesthesia LOL it happens everytime I have anesthesia and that went away the first night once the anesthesia got out of my system and I've been fine ever since!! when they tell you it's ok to walk do it!!! that first week or two home my life was walk walk walk sip sip sip LOL I totally recommend myfitnesspal if you don't already have it! also helps to get involved with support whether it's online or local! I have found some great support here and on Facebook through some private groups (bariatric bad girls club being one of them). Truly this was one of the top 3 decisions I've made in my life and I'm SO glad I did it!!!! I <3 Elvira (my sleeve's name). :wub:

p.s. I am angelsept19 on MFP if anyone wants to be my buddy :D

Doing well over here. Sleeved 9-12. Down 20 pounds at the 3 week mark from surgery (31 from highest weight in August). Excited each week for official weigh on. Clothes fit so much nicer. The thing I realllllly struggle with is not believing clothes will be too big for me. I just dont actually believe that... Weird I know but it's true. Somehow I think my body will figure out this game I'm playing and quit. Talk about self sabatoging thinking!

I was sleeved 9/17 and as of this morning am down 32 lbs. I walk around my neighborhood and also exercise with my Wii fit plus almost everyday. My husband and kids participate with me in both activities. We compete with each other on the Wii fit games. I think their involvement and support has been the #1 reason I have been successful with this new aspect in my life. As for the food, I have been on soft foods (mashed potatoes, Soups, pudding) since three days after surgery, my post-op diet allowed me to add chicken salad, tuna salad, viennas and any other processed meat to my diet on day 15. This also has been a big help to me because I HATE the Protein Shakes and I'm now getting a good bit of Protein from the food I get to eat.

Trust me Kim you can't be anymore nervous than i was. I'm a guy but had never had surgery. Plus you get upset and try to say maybe if I try to lose it one more time. But if your like me I have lost and gained back plus my whole life and I know I couldn't do it the last 50 times I tried what made this one different. I have lost as much as 98lbs on my own but I gained a 140lbs back. It's really not that bad I had a great doctor and staff and hopefully you will to. I started 7 weeks ago at 352lbs I lost 12lbs before my 3 week pre op diet I lost 30lbs on my pre op and since surgery on 9/19 I've lost 24lbs that's 66lbs in 7 weeks I feel great. The hardest part is learning to eat right and very little (which satisfies) But I'm use to large quantities and very fast. That is painful and as my first time yesterday it will come back up. I was eating Vienna sausages for lunch I'm on pureed stage and there very soft. The first time a couple days before I ate 3 and I was stuffed yesterday I was running my mouth and eating and managed to eat 4 but I didn't keep it. But I love that (Not the throwing up which wasn't much) but the fact that I actually have a tool to tell me stop dummy you eat to much. I think it's awesome so far and after the first month after I believe everyone agrees unless there is a complication. But if you look at the few that do even then after everything is better and there use to it they like it to. Main thing is never say why did I do this I haven't thought that once so far. Sorry for rambling but me and every person on here post op knows what your feeling. And you'll be fine.

I'm 4 weeks & a day out and have lost 36 pounds. I'm stuck in this forever long 3rd week stall and have been yoyoing between 2 pounds - it's beyond frutrating! I try to tell myself that it happens and it's normal but I have days when I'm just so frustrated and borderline discouraged. The upside is that my clothes are fitting much better!

I'm able to eat an array of things but no raw fruits and veggies yet - I never realized how much I loved salads and fruit! I went to a restaurant with family and spotted someone with a ceasar salad and I could've killed for a bite or two! I can't get enough Protein in from the food I eat so I still have to drink 1 Protein shake a day. Exercise was easy to fit in while I was off work but since I've gone back it's been a challenge to fit it in.

I had surgery 9/26. The absolute hardest part right now is the full liquid diet I'm on. I can have low fat cream Soups, Protein Shakes, Water, sugar free pudding, Jello and popsicles. I AM DYING! It has been a struggle and I have snuck bites of healthy food like chicken and soft veggies. I just have had a really hard time with this stage of the diet. In a couple days I start the pureed food stage. I'm hoping that it gets easier. I have had some issues with gas pain during and directly after eating. Once I burp it usually goes away. Not sure if I'm over eating, but I am careful to measure out what I'm eating. I'm just looking foward to being able to start cooking healthy meals and being able to enjoy a healthy lifestyle!

It will get easier, I am having the same issues, I m just keeping my eyes on the prize & know that its only for a little while and a month from now we will be progressing in our foods and thinking well that wasn't so bad now !!

I had my surgery on 9/11 and now down 29 lbs. I have a serious problem drinking Water. First I do not like water and since the surgery I really gag when trying to drink it. I have to add crystal light or drink tea just to get liquids down. Not sure what is going on but it sure has been hard. I hope that in a few months things will get easier.