Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved Wednesday, 10/3/12....

So, here I am two days post-op. I had the gastric sleeve done on Wednesday, 10/3. I am feeling GREAT!

I have hardly any pain (on a scale of 0-10, my pain is about a 2 and it is from the incision sites). I was able to walk lots at the hospital and that truly speeds up the recovery process! Honestly, the worst part of the whole experience was the leak test - that drink was TERRIBLE! Other than that things were great! No complications thus far and I look forward to happy, healthy weight loss.

I was released today to come home and am on stage 2 of a liquid diet, adding pudding, strained creamed Soups, etc.

Glad to hear it! I was suprised by how well I did last week when I had my surgery too. I guess I was lucky because they didn't perform a leak test!

Almost identical experience here. The only pain was at incision sites, walked right away...the leak test was horrible (tasting, but over with quickly). I have had some minor bouts of nausea in weeks 1 and 2...didn't throw up, just got a little light-headed. So glad you had a great experience!!

Congratulations you did it!! My leak test was great, I had three but the one where you had to drink the liquid for the floroscope looked like Water and had no taste. I actually had three leaks tests, to the poster who said that they were lucky NOT to have one: I am VERY lucky to have had all of mine, so preventative and good care my my DOC.

L

I had surgery the same day. Today has been a little rough. I'm struggling to get all if my fluids in just because I cannot get rid of this gas bubble in my chest. I've walked and used gas-x strips. Oh well it will eventually go away I hope. My doctor told my husband that I would be more sore and down today, and he was right. Last night I did have the thought "what have I done to myself?!" But I know it was all worth it. I'm trying to take it day by day and not worry about the scale while I heal. I was very nauseous this morning and could only drink about half of my Unjury broth before I felt sick but I haven't been nauseous since then. Congrats, sleeve sister!!

@ashleytn, try using a heating pad on your abdomen for the gas pains.. the heating pad saved me so much discomfort! Hope it helps... :)

I had surgery the same day. Today has been a little rough. I'm struggling to get all if my fluids in just because I cannot get rid of this gas bubble in my chest. I've walked and used gas-x strips. Oh well it will eventually go away I hope. My doctor told my husband that I would be more sore and down today' date=' and he was right. Last night I did have the thought "what have I done to myself?!" But I know it was all worth it. I'm trying to take it day by day and not worry about the scale while I heal. I was very nauseous this morning and could only drink about half of my unjury broth before I felt sick but I haven't been nauseous since then. Congrats, sleeve sister!![/quote']

We got sleeved the same day. How many gas x strip do you take? It's doesn't really help me at all

I've used a couple. I'm not noticing any difference. I'm going to try the heating pad next.

@ashleytn' date=' try using a heating pad on your abdomen for the gas pains.. the heating pad saved me so much discomfort! Hope it helps... :)[/quote']

It's OK to use the heat pad? I'll have to try that :)

Yes, it is! I actually asked for one while in the hospital and it made a HUGE difference for me. A few days ago I had some pain digesting something. I layed down, with the heating pad, and it all got better. I hope you have the same success with it!!

Yes' date=' it is! I actually asked for one while in the hospital and it made a HUGE difference for me. A few days ago I had some pain digesting something. I layed down, with the heating pad, and it all got better. I hope you have the same success with it!![/quote']

Thank you I got the heating pad on now. Is it OK to lay on the side? It's only been 2 days since the surgery for me :)

I laid on my right side last night. It hurt to lay on my left, but I just tried it again and it was a success!

I think as long as your comfortable, its ok. You can cushion yourself a bit with a pillow if it helps. Helped me, I am a restless sleeper.