Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What All Do I Really Need

For surgery before and after ill be leaving to tj on Tue and need to get everything ready (really don't want to forget anything). All input is greatly appreciated;)

Sent from my ADR6400L using VST

Hi, if you look at the pinned topic about preparing with Dr Aceves, there is lots of great info for pre-and post-op, no matter who your surgeon is. Just bring as little as possible in a rolling suitcase as you can't lift for a while afterward and you want to push/pull as little as possible through the airport. I recommend a loose dress as I was pretty swollen afterward and the sundress I wore had room to breathe. Flip flops and sandals so you don't have to bend over to put them on. I was grateful for my heating pad after surgery as it helped decrease the gas I had in my chest. Also my bra was pretty tight after surgery. I couldn't even it wear it for a few days afterward. I wish I had brought one in a larger band size so I could have worn it for my laps around the hospital.

Thank you very helpful. I'll look into that thread;)

I took a neck travel pillow which was a life saver. Used it to sleep sitting up because laying flat after surgery hurt. Used it to hold pressure on my stomach when getting up or changing positions. So glad I had it. Was also very glad I had my heating pad, a small extension cord, and slippers. I wish I had brought sweats because I froze on the flight home. Good luck!!

Thank you I'm super nervous but God willing it'll all be great

There are quite a few posts that talk about what to bring search for them.

Good ideas:

gas X strips some use them and say they help

jackets long sleeve shirts for the evening it gets cool( I didn't bring enough change of clothes, you may want to)

comfortable shoes

loose clothing, you will be swollen

Chapstick! My lips were so dry. I did not read my magazine or book. I did not use gas strips or listerine strips., but I wore my Chapstick out!

Got it Im making my list before heading out to Target;)