Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Need A Lil Help Please:)

hello everyone,

So Im starting my pre op diet very soon and I am a lil confused as to calorie and carb intake.... Is there a certain amount of calories and carbs we should be limiting ourselves to during the pre op diet?? I was told to do one week of : 3 Protein shakes A DAY ALL THE Water I CAN DRINK ALL THE YOGURT I CAN EAT ALL THE broth I CAN EAT ALL THE juice I CAN DRINK NO PULP AND I CAN HAVE sugar free Jello AS A TREAT. It sounds as if there is no limit to how much..... I purchased the Ensure clear and it has 180g cals and 35gcarbs, seems to be a lot....does this sound like something I should be drinking on a daily basis?? also the Ensure clear only has 9g Protein which seems pretty low, is there a certain amount of protein I should be getting during the pre op?? Should I get the Ensure shakes they have 25g protein also should I be taking the little Protein Shots during the pre op?? Also what about the 3 day laxative I hear that people had to take should I do that even though I wasnt told to?? I see that each surgeon has different requirements but I just want to make sure I am taking the best route to lose as much as possible. Any ideas/adivce would be appreciated thanks so much
smile.png
17 days to go
smile.png
yay!!

I am not to sure as I didn't have to do a liquid diet. I know that in my handbook they gave me at the first appointment it states these are not to be considered Protein drinks.....ensure,slim fast, Atkins, special K, glucerna,boost. I know every doctor is different.

Hi! You should be drinking Meal Replacement Protein shakes. I use GNC Lean shake 25. I am allowed 4 a day. They have 200 calories each and 25 grams of Protein. It is important to have the Meal Replacement Protein Shakes because of the additional nutrients in it.

I hope this helps a little bit for you. Good luck!

Hello there!

I'm not sleeved yet but 35g of carbs as an awful lot per drink, I have fallen in love with walmarts body fortress whey isolate its only got 0.5 net carbs per scoop it comes in vanilla and mixes well in any liquid, I use blue diamond almond milk unsweetened (40cals per cup). Dr. want you to limit carbs to shrink your liver. I to am going to Mexico and their pre and post-op diets aren't that good. I have gotten a lot of info by reading a book called Weight Loss Surgery Cookbook for Dummies, there is also a lot of info and a cheat sheet/recipes on line if you google that title. The book has wonderful recipes for every stage of our journey. I found the book at overstock for under 12.00, good luck to you :D

costco - Premier Protein RTD, 160 cal, 30g Protein, 3-5 carb (depending on flavor) fat 3 g. A case of 18 is around $24 - less if there is a coupon :) Usually for pre-op you want carbs as low as you can get them - I did 20g and under and did Atkins 72 - which strives for zero carbs in the induction phase - My doc only had is do Clear Liquids the day prior.

My nutritionist said to get Protein drinks/powders that have most of their protein from whey. She also said to avoid the drinks Scaredoftheunknown identified. In addition, she really pushed plain yogurt, the kind without the fruit in it, and said it doubles as a Fluid. I have taken a fierce liking to Fage 2% plain yogurt which has 23 grams of protein per cup. The Fage tastes like sour cream, so some do not like it.

thanks so much for the advice on the meal replacement shakes instead..... i will be going to sams club to get Premier Protein powder and I will be eliminating the yogurt, juice and ensure clear from my diet.... i think i can survive on just flavored water, broth, sf Jello and 3 Protein Shakes a day:) i think im going to do the 3 day laxative cleansing as well even though i wasnt instructed to....... thanks again guys :)