Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some of you may have seen my other posts about my post op complications...if not, here's a breakdown: Surgery was on 8/20. On 8/27, after almost two days of sharp pain when I took a breath, I finally went to the ER. Two blood clots. One in each lung. Admitted to ICU immediately. The next day only complicated things further, as a CT of my abdomen and pelvis revealed two more large blood clots. One in my splenic vein and one near my kidney.... I'm 24 years old. I'm getting married in under 5 months. This kind of stuff is not supposed to happen... I shouldn't have spent almost 12 days in the hospital, 7 of those spent confined to a bed in ICU, where you're lucky if youre allowed to use a bedside commode ( I was only so lucky on my last day in there ). On this past Thursday, after a few days in a regular room and several emotional breakdowns my mom pleaded with the doctor to let me go home. He said okay, as long as I had home health set up for at least a week. Done. So here I am, two days later. I still have two pieces of tape on my arm from where I had an IV taped down, and I refuse to remove them because I have hair on my arm and it hurts when it comes off. I'm miserable. I have buyers remorse more than I could ever imagine. This surgery has brought me nothing but grief. My job is on the line because I won't be able to return for a good while. And now I'm on blood thinners for at least several months. I'm hacking up bloody mucus constantly. I dry heave. I barely eat anything. The only time I have any sense of "ok" is when I'm medicated. I wish life had a fast forward button, or better yet.. A rewind button. I'd take it all back if I could, in a heart beat. That's all for now I guess.

I am sorry you r going through soooooo much I pray for you and iggychic and everyone that has had a complication or many of them. Please keep your spirits up I will not say I know what your going through I will say that you are alive, you caught it in time, your getting married and have friends and family who love you and a stranger like me who's praying for you.

Cheers to you love your here on earth writing and a stranger has written back ;)

Parris

Kimberly, those too shall pass, I know it's not easy coz I had an easy recovery from my surgery but believe me when I say that you are blessed. They caught those clots on time, you got great support and are loved. Be happy that you are alive. My son fell out of a 2 story building, broke both his arms but still I am raising my hands and praise the Lord. Now I am doing the same for you!

so sorry you are going through this. question how often did you walk?

I am so sorry you've been going through this. I hope it only gets better from now on.

Thank you for your kind words everyone. This is such a trying time for me and my family

so sorry you are going through this. question how often did you walk?

I walked as much as I could. I can't say it was as much as others do, but as much as I physically could stand to.

Can you not retroactively take FMLA to protect your job temporarily?

Unfortunately I have not been employed there for one year yet, and FMLA is only available for those that have been there for more than a year.

I am so sorry you are going through this. I know you mentioned in your previous post a possible underlying clotting disorder. Did they find something or did they determined this was directly related to your surgery?

I am wishing you a speedy recovery. I am glad they found the clots.

I am so sorry you are going through this. I know you mentioned in your previous post a possible underlying clotting disorder. Did they find something or did they determined this was directly related to your surgery?

I am wishing you a speedy recovery. I am glad they found the clots.

I'm going to see my hematologist in a week or so for results of extensive labs they did in the hospital so ill find out then.

Good luck with that. I have to say blood clots scare me. I have never experienced them. I guess my biggest issue is knowing that I have one because they don't always make themselves known.

I really hope they get to the bottom of it for you and soon.

Good luck with that. I have to say blood clots scare me. I have never experienced them. I guess my biggest issue is knowing that I have one because they don't always make themselves known.

I really hope they get to the bottom of it for you and soon.

Thank you very much

i was asking because they stress that so much. kaiser wants us to walk 3x a day. i am very afraid of clots im going to walk my ass off, i dont care how sore i am. i pray you get well very soon

You really are going through a lot, hopefully u feel better sooner than later. Also, I hope ur sleeve will bring u happiness when all this passes :) good luck!

keepin it real ;)