Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is there anyone on here who is at least one year post op and eats anything???i have been told by several people that they eat anything (no diet,low carb,ect) and have lost 100 within the year.id like some feed back cause it sounds too good to be true.

if you don't expand your stomach, some people may be able to eat anything... but why do you want to become a human garbage disposal?.. i think those people sorta missed the point of weight loss surgery... your stomach can stretch back out & you CAN regain your weight... dunno why anyone would want to risk it... most people here, from what i've seen, view the sleeve as a tool to help you lose the weight, but you have to eat right, eat healthy and exercise... there is no magic pill that will zap 100lb off of you & allow you to stuff your face with burgers, fries, milkshakes, ice cream, Cookies, candy, cake, pie, soda pop, chips, grease, sugar, bread and cheese. ain't gonna happen. ever. even with the sleeve or gastric bypass or any other thing that hacks your guts up & rearranges your intestines or whatever... you just HAVE to decide that you're going to change your lifestyle and the sleeve is a tool to help you successfully make that change. that's as simple as it gets.

i just don't get how you can go through a surgery where some person rips the majority of your stomach out & you lose a bunch of weight & then go right back to what you were doing... what the hell is the point in that?.. seriously. you want a year or two or three of being skinny, then just pack the pounds back on & get right back to where you are now?... i'm sorry, but that's just 1.) insane, and 2.) STUPID. totally & utterly STUPID. may as well just stay where you are and not put yourself through the hassle, pain & expense of surgery.. until you decide you have to change your ways, it's just a waste of time & a fantasy, in my opinion...

I eat anything I want... Aka. Normal, healthy well balanced with an occasional treat. I made goal at 8.5 months out, almost 13 months out now. Maintaining without a problem. I eat 1500-2000 calories a day.

The reason that I got sleeved is because there are no food restrictions. I'm only 47 years old and don't want to live the rest of my life feeling deprived. I love to eat an I love food. My problem is that I have no off switch. My goal is to be able to eat small portions of whatever I want. I know there are ppl on VST who are doing that. I hope that I can be one of them.

if you don't expand your stomach' date=' some people may be able to eat anything... but why do you want to become a human garbage disposal?.. i think those people sorta missed the point of weight loss surgery... your stomach can stretch back out & you CAN regain your weight... dunno why anyone would want to risk it... most people here, from what i've seen, view the sleeve as a tool to help you lose the weight, but you have to eat right, eat healthy and exercise... there is no magic pill that will zap 100lb off of you & allow you to stuff your face with burgers, fries, milkshakes, ice cream, Cookies, candy, cake, pie, soda pop, chips, grease, sugar, bread and cheese. ain't gonna happen. ever. even with the sleeve or gastric bypass or any other thing that hacks your guts up & rearranges your intestines or whatever... you just HAVE to decide that you're going to change your lifestyle and the sleeve is a tool to help you successfully make that change. that's as simple as it gets.

i just don't get how you can go through a surgery where some person rips the majority of your stomach out & you lose a bunch of weight & then go right back to what you were doing... what the hell is the point in that?.. seriously. you want a year or two or three of being skinny, then just pack the pounds back on & get right back to where you are now?... i'm sorry, but that's just 1.) insane, and 2.) STUPID. totally & utterly STUPID. may as well just stay where you are and not put yourself through the hassle, pain & expense of surgery.. until you decide you have to change your ways, it's just a waste of time & a fantasy, in my opinion...[/quote']

Ya i didnt think that was fully true either lol.but i just heard from a couple of people saying they eat whatever they want.i doubt its really anything lk greasy food ect.

I eat anything I want... Aka. Normal, healthy well balanced with an occasional treat. I made goal at 8.5 months out, almost 13 months out now. Maintaining without a problem. I eat 1500-2000 calories a day.

This is how I am as well.

if you don't expand your stomach, some people may be able to eat anything... but why do you want to become a human garbage disposal?.. i think those people sorta missed the point of weight loss surgery... your stomach can stretch back out & you CAN regain your weight... dunno why anyone would want to risk it... most people here, from what i've seen, view the sleeve as a tool to help you lose the weight, but you have to eat right, eat healthy and exercise... there is no magic pill that will zap 100lb off of you & allow you to stuff your face with burgers, fries, milkshakes, ice cream, Cookies, candy, cake, pie, soda pop, chips, grease, sugar, bread and cheese. ain't gonna happen. ever. even with the sleeve or gastric bypass or any other thing that hacks your guts up & rearranges your intestines or whatever... you just HAVE to decide that you're going to change your lifestyle and the sleeve is a tool to help you successfully make that change. that's as simple as it gets.

i just don't get how you can go through a surgery where some person rips the majority of your stomach out & you lose a bunch of weight & then go right back to what you were doing... what the hell is the point in that?.. seriously. you want a year or two or three of being skinny, then just pack the pounds back on & get right back to where you are now?... i'm sorry, but that's just 1.) insane, and 2.) STUPID. totally & utterly STUPID. may as well just stay where you are and not put yourself through the hassle, pain & expense of surgery.. until you decide you have to change your ways, it's just a waste of time & a fantasy, in my opinion...

have you been sleeved yet?

The people that say "I eat whatever I want, just in smaller portions" are going to be the people that struggle to maintain. Yes, the sleeve limits proportions, but you have to adopt healthy eating habits to make it stick. Like the first response, you can't expect to eat all the same junk and lose the weight and keep it off.

As for eating anything, I am almost 2 years post op, and I can eat anything. Do I?? Nope. Not saying that I NEVER have ice cream, chocolate, or [insert treat/unhealthy for here], but I eat it occasionally and in moderation. And I know my trigger foods and I do not keep them in my house. I have never counted anything, have never went low carb, and have never followed a restrictive diet. I changed my eating habits, eat a lot more veggies, stick to high Protein meals, cut out the white stuff, and still basically follow post-op guidelines. So far I have been maintaining fairly easily on a diet that I can live with for a lifetime.

Like others have said, the sleeve is not a magic cure, just like a bypass is not a magic cure. It is a chance to do better with lives, a second chance at a healthy, normal existence.

Is there anyone on here who is at least one year post op and eats anything???i have been told by several people that they eat anything (no diet,low carb,ect) and have lost 100 within the year.id like some feed back cause it sounds too good to be true.

"anything" I want is different than it used to be. I truly do. I have changed very much. I do not eat junk food all day. But if I want ice cream on a Friday night with my boyfriend, I have a half a cup. Or if I want popcorn at the movies with a friend I have some. I eat like a normal healthy person, not like the obese girl before that at 3000-5000 calories a day.

My story is almost identical to Sleev of Steel's. I also eat whatever, but whatever is typically nutritious and in much, much lower amounts than I used too. There are things I hardly EVER eat, like bread, and things I NEVER eat like donuts.

have you been sleeved yet?

not yet. will be getting it done as soon as possible. but i know i have to change my mindset, or i'll be doomed to failure... so... that's all my point really was. i know i can come across as abrasive, but it's because i'm passionate about it. i'm not purposely trying to be an (_|_).

The people that say "I eat whatever I want' date=' just in smaller portions" are going to be the people that struggle to maintain. Yes, the sleeve limits proportions, but you have to adopt healthy eating habits to make it stick. Like the first response, you can't expect to eat all the same junk and lose the weight and keep it off.

As for eating anything, I am almost 2 years post op, and I can eat anything. Do I?? Nope. Not saying that I NEVER have ice cream, chocolate, or [insert treat/unhealthy for here'], but I eat it occasionally and in moderation. And I know my trigger foods and I do not keep them in my house. I have never counted anything, have never went low carb, and have never followed a restrictive diet. I changed my eating habits, eat a lot more veggies, stick to high Protein meals, cut out the white stuff, and still basically follow post-op guidelines. So far I have been maintaining fairly easily on a diet that I can live with for a lifetime.

Like others have said, the sleeve is not a magic cure, just like a bypass is not a magic cure. It is a chance to do better with lives, a second chance at a healthy, normal existence.

That sounds good to me ;-)

I just wondered cause i am 7 werks out and one day i do wanna have something lk ice cream ect.

And i did intend for this post to be for people who are a year out.thanks

That sounds good to me ;-)

I just wondered cause i am 7 werks out and one day i do wanna have something lk ice cream ect.

Yeah, ice cream is easy to eat after a while, at first sweets is really a turn off. I eat ice cream once in a while, tonight my wife and I split a small piece of cake alamode, I had maybe 3 small bites and she ate the rest. I was satisfied with that, pre-op a few years ago I would of scarfed the whole thing down and wanted more.