Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Made A Gross Error In Judgement...

Ok..,so we all fall off the wagon...so last night..my daughter is having some flan...that stuff is like mermaids signing a siren's song to a horny sailor to me...love it...

Anyway...I keep telling myself...don't touch it...it's milk(I am lactose intolerant since having my surgery)...."You'll regret in the morning"!!!! I find myself saying.."just one bite won't hurt...just one". So course..one bite I took...and what do you know...it went down great...tasted even better. So what do I do but have another bite...then another...then another...and stop...4 small bites. Sigh..while this is certainly less than I would have ever done in the past, I felt satisfied. But the story doesn't end there....oh no..not there...today....I sound like an old mule out in the fields...my gut sounds like an alien has taken up residence and I dare not pass gas for fear I will shart instead! Oh flan...why must you be kryptonite!!!! Alas, it is karmic justice for my failure. *wipes a tear while rushing to the bathroom* So what did I learn...morale to the story you ask? Just stick to the diet and all will be well...my litte incendent encounter wasn't worth all of this!!! And remember..we all fail sometimes. Nobody is perfect!

Confession is good for the soul, yes?

Sorry you had to go through the discomfort though.

Thanks for sharing! We can all learn from others' mistakes.

Lol! At least you won't be drooling over flan anymore after that experience!

Confession is good for the soul' date=' yes?

.[/quote']

Oh most definitely..I think confession is good for the soul!

Lol! At least you won't be drooling over flan anymore after that experience!

You got that right sister!

Oh boy! I have been there, done that, got the t-shirt - more than enough times. Obviously not post-op (as I haven't had surgery yet) but the punishment is enough to make you wish you hadn't and never will again.

oh flan, that is liquid gold! Well now you know flan is OFF the list. I bought a new car last night and you know how long all that paper sigining crap goes on. So by the time we finished there was only fast food open, I ate my first (and LAST) McDonlads chicken nugget since my surgery. One single nugget sent my sleeve into a frenzy!

Ehhh don't be so hard on yourself. Don't considering it cheating. It's more like rewarding yourself every now and again. Only this time ya had to pay the price a little LOL.

Ok..' date='so we all fall off the wagon...so last night..my daughter is having some flan...that stuff is like mermaids signing a siren's song to a horny sailor to me...love it...

Anyway...I keep telling myself...don't touch it...it's milk(I am lactose intolerant since having my surgery)...."You'll regret in the morning"!!!! I find myself saying.."just one bite won't hurt...just one". So course..one bite I took...and what do you know...it went down great...tasted even better. So what do I do but have another bite...then another...then another...and stop...4 small bites. Sigh..while this is certainly less than I would have ever done in the past, I felt satisfied. But the story doesn't end there....oh no..not there...today....I sound like an old mule out in the fields...my gut sounds like an alien has taken up residence and I dare not pass gas for fear I will shart instead! Oh flan...why must you be kryptonite!!!! Alas, it is karmic justice for my failure. *wipes a tear while rushing to the bathroom* So what did I learn...morale to the story you ask? Just stick to the diet and all will be well...my litte incendent encounter wasn't worth all of this!!! And remember..we all fail sometimes. Nobody is perfect![/quote']

I love your writing!!! So funny, snd sad. You had me on he edge of my seat. Bravo! Truly entertaining albeit I feel guilty for laughing at your fall from grace!

bmi.png

I love your writing!!! So funny' date=' snd sad. You had me on he edge of my seat. Bravo! Truly entertaining albeit I feel guilty for laughing at your fall from grace!

It's ok..I laughed at myself!

If it makes you feel better I my sister had a chocolate fondue party as shes leaving for college and I felt awful only 2 people came (and 1 didn't like chocolate!) I had half a strawberry, a small peice of a banana, and... 2 small chips. Dipped a little in chocolate (that has heavy cream in it to keep it liquidy, I've become lactose intolerant as well... And I was drinkin snapple not diet orangade yesterday :/ my tummy is still yelling at me! (I'm supposed to be on purée still because of the leak I had) sometimes we gotta learn the hard way! Lesson learned though!!!!

Nobody is perfect!

Pipula

the majority of sleevers will slip at one time or another - don't kick yourself over spilled flan , you are only human

You've lost 73 lbs since April 3 - how terrific is that ;)

Congrats ;)

keep up the great work

if everyone in the world was perfect - IMO life would be pretty boring :(

Thanks Kathy! I realized that I hadn't updated my information in awhile after mentioning 73#. I don't know how to update my profile on my iPad or iPhone so I logged onto my computer..I am down 89# which is terrific! I have to remember to update often on my laptop! And yes..none of us is perfect, but you can believe I probably will just look and smell the flan for now..lol

There are some things that are permanently of the menu for me. For just about all of them, I can make a sleeve friendly substitute that in some cases taste better than the original. Flan custard is probably not one of those, but sugar free vanilla pudding with a drizzle of salt and Caramel Torani Syrup might work. What do you think?

I'm always getting into disagreements with the all things in moderation folks when I say that I simply never will eat certain things anymore. I'm just not as strong as they are in the control aspect of things. In other words, I cannot trust myself to stop after one bite so I don't go there -- or at least I try not to go there. We all have slipped up.

You know Catracks..that may be a good substitute ..I could make my pudding with soy milk and I do have the sugar free Syrup at home now..sprinkle with a tiny bit of salt and I think you could be on to something there..will definitely try that..thanks for the idea!!