Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone with me? I've been really reading up on it and it sounds really good to me. Getting Protein from food instead of shakes. I'm trying to prepare myself for it still because I'm still on liquids for one more week. If you're reading this and you're kind of not in the know about it like I was a week ago, here's a great link that i found :

books on iTunes and at www.barnesandnoble.com. So if you'd like a list of resources let me know. Omg! By the ay, they have this cookbook called The Paleo Diet Cookbook: Comfort Foods... All i can say is im pretty juiced to use all these recipes.< /p>

Looks like something i would be willing to try ;) can you post the list of ibooks please, i would like to read up on it a little more.

I've heard about this but didn't know it had a name. I've been calling it the caveman diet. My husband and I are doing this 21 day challenge thing to get us into some healthy and clean eating habits and then we are going to go for it on this type of eating. I've been reading a lot about eating clean and this seems to just make it easier. It's easier than you think to eat this way. Good Luck!

my husband does this, but I can guarantee the first 4-6 weeks (maybe more) you will not be able to eat enough of anything to get the Protein you need. It is a wonderful plan for when you can eat well again.

This is really a great lifestyle change,IF, you can stick to it.

My wife follows the Daniel diet which is very similar. And she is much healthier, I have noticed lately however she has been slipping from the diet.

She said recently that she is going to redid ate herself to it. I hope she does, she is a much better person to be around when she is improving her health.

Just confuse the Daniel diet with the Daniel fast.

Whats the Daniel diet? Did you mean Dukan?

Sure no prob guys. Here are some of the books I found with the higher ratings and reviews.

1) 101 BEST Paleo Diet Foods by Health Research Staff

2) Everyday Paleo by Sarah Fragoso

3) Paleo Comfort foods: Homestule cooking for a gluten- free kitchen by Julie & Charles Mayfield

4) The Power of Paleo! By Mario ans Vienna Zander's

5) The Paleo diet solution: the modern caveman's cookbook

6) The Paleo diet cookbook by Loren Cordain, Ph. d.

Now, don't forget this will be a lifestyle change not a temporary fix. Basically your body will be burning fat for energy instead of carbs. This is a very carb restricted diet. You're body will be in ketosis. But many people who assume they just do this for a week or 2 and than go back to a higher carb intake bight find the lbs coming back or weightloss stalling. I think this works for me bc I can live without rice for the rest of my life now.ni made the decision that is rather be healthy and I want to motivate my mom and dad who have a plethora of health issues and only cook very salthy, MSG infested, high fat Filipino food. I want them to live past their parents (bfathers died at 65ish) and have them walk me down the aisle and meet my kids. Besides my house is kind of a slaughter house. Sorry vegetarians:( but we love seafood and meat over here. I think it'd be the perfect diet for me. Also, did you ever think about this?: white rice doesn't taste like anything! Hahahah my nephew told me that the other day saying "Awww mommmm, but whats the point? It doesn't taste like anything!" smart 4th grader.

I just found another good book by Loren Cordain and Friel: the Paleo diet for athletes. The first 20 pages are very good.

OOps nm googled it

I just emailed Loren Cordain, he invented the diet. Im asking him whether its possible to do this for bariatric patients.

I've read several books on the subject as well. My favorite was by Robb Wolf. His was educational and funny. He literally broke the info down into laymens terms, then would say "ok time for geek speak". And he wrote about gallbladder issues specifically that was fascinating.

If you're going to read a book about this lifestyle, I highly recommend this book to get your feet wet.

I've read several books on the subject as well. My favorite was by Robb Wolf. His was educational and funny. He literally broke the info down into laymens terms' date=' then would say "ok time for geek speak". And he wrote about gallbladder issues specifically that was fascinating.

If you're going to read a book about this lifestyle, I highly recommend this book to get your feet wet.[/quote']

Yeah i bought his books too. Loren Cordain was the one who actually challenged him to do the diet. Also, update, Loren Cordain told me to give him 2 weeks so he can give me more detailed info for us bariatric patients! He sounds excited too! Tallysfunny, im going to contact Robb Wolf next and get his ideas on batiatrics working out and eating this way since we have ssuch limited intake possibilities and calorie intake difficulty:) thanks a bunch girl!

Yeah i bought his books too. Loren Cordain was the one who actually challenged him to do the diet. Also' date=' update, Loren Cordain told me to give him 2 weeks so he can give me more detailed info for us bariatric patients! He sounds excited too! Tallysfunny, im going to contact Robb Wolf next and get his ideas on batiatrics working out and eating this way since we have ssuch limited intake possibilities and calorie intake difficulty:) thanks a bunch girl![/quote']

No worries. This is something that really interests me since it so closely relates to the diet we need to follow as bariatric patients. Plus the information makes so much sense. It's a wonder more people don't gravitate towards this lifestyle.

No worries. This is something that really interests me since it so closely relates to the diet we need to follow as bariatric patients. Plus the information makes so much sense. It's a wonder more people don't gravitate towards this lifestyle.

I think the reason more don't eat this way is because to do it correctly you can't just pick everything up at the grocery store. It take a bit more effort, and for many it is cost prohibitive. Most people today believe the huge portions are needed.

That and we've really become accustomed to all our garbage food.

Also' date=' update, Loren Cordain told me to give him 2 weeks so he can give me more detailed info for us bariatric patients! He sounds excited too! Tallysfunny, im going to contact Robb Wolf next and get his ideas on batiatrics working out and eating this way since we have ssuch limited intake possibilities and calorie intake difficulty:) thanks a bunch girl![/quote']

Ooohhh, that's exciting! I can't wait to hear what he has to say. Please keep us posted!

Ooohhh, that's exciting! I can't wait to hear what he has to say. Please keep us posted!

Will do! And OTR sleever, yes that is one of the cons of the diet... Can you say costco? hahahha just kidding. I don't know whether they have dieter safe Proteins over there. Maybe fresh seafood though that they sometimes bring to costco. Also, I still think food costs are better than healthcare costs... and shorter lifespans. But I see your point:)