Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so consumed by this weight loss surgery, I can't sleep. I had a dream and woke up with this anxious feeling that they are going to shut down camp on these WLS claiming that way too many people are having them done right before I could get mine.....I know, sounds crazy

I can relate to the sleepless anxious nights. The closer I get to the 6th the worse they get. Right after I decided this is what I wanted I didnt sleep well for weeks, Then things started slowing down and sleep was entering my life again. That was until I received my surgery date. Now there are times I lay away staring at the ceiling pondering all the great things going through my head. Other times when I am sleeping, i am constantly dreaming of the soon to be New Me.

I wish you all the best in this journey, and I truly hope sleep will find you again.

I too understand what it's like. I have my first appointment coming up with the surgeon on July 25 and all going well, I should have a surgery date early in September (it seems to move more quickly here in Australia). Realistically, it's only 6 weeks away which sounds like a long time but I am sure it will go very fast!! Good luck with your surgery! I look forward to hearing of your many successes!

The week prior to my surgery, I only had 3 nights of sleep. I was like a zombie by the time of surgery day. You'[re having normal anxiety which means you have researched your surgery and know all the risks. Try to sleep during the day if you can or watch funny movies to get your mind off things before you go to bed. That was great advice for me from someone on here when I was going through it. -_-

I have my psych eval and nut. assesmentt Monday 7/16 and I can't wait, although I'm very nervous about my psych, not knowing what to expect. After that I'm ready for submission to Cigna geesh um praying for mid August.

Thanks guys for your reassurance.

You've made it this far and the sleeve is saving too many lives for them to close shop..try to relax your mind about that. As for the psych eval,,be honest but not too revealing. Try to keep everything on the positive. You're going to do so great!

I am 9 days pre-op and it is currently all-consuming. I made the mistake of watching multiple surgeries on you tube.....I have been dreaming about that for a while now.

I didn't get much sleep last night. Keep thinking about my surgery which is coming up on July 17, I've learned to stay away from the you tube videos where they show you the surgery. I'm excited but nervous too. Everyone tells me its normal. Just want everything to go smooth, so I can start my new life!

If you guys are suffering from sleep loss, try taking one tylonal pm (only one) about an hour before you want to go to sleep. It isn't habit forming and with only one, you don't wake up feeling groggy like when you take the reccinended two.

I have been diagnosed as an insomniac. Goes with the territory that is ms. So I have perceptions for sleep pills. But in not a fan and use them as a last resort. If I start going through a bout of insomnia, I try the one tylonal pm (pcp reccomendation) to try to head off the three week sleep loss... If it is just from the nerves, the tylonal pm will help slow down your brain so you can sleep. Or you can go even more holistic and take chamomile or valerian or melatonin pills.

LoL I have tried a lot. :-)

Thanks for the suggestions I will give them a try. I think I'm going to have to take from all things WLS before my brain go into overload. My husband teased me and says I could actually perform the farm surgery from all the research I've done. I doubt there is anything else I can research about this. My sister had it last year and I call and bug her every time a question pops up and she just cracks up at me cause she can relate.

I felt the exact same way! It seemed to subside when I was told I was approved. My visit to sign consents is 7/25. I'm just trying to focus on not gaining weight before that visit.

I have no idea if this is helpful, but it is meant to be.... I just has my surgery 4 days ago. I am a very decisive guy (I worked as a pilot and air traffic controller), but this decision had me really second-guessing myselself for one of the few times in my life. There is clearly a lot of emotion tied up with this for everyone.

But there are times when emotions can't rule you're life. I decided this was one of those moments, so I just checked the reasons I decided to do this in the first place. They were valid, it was the right thing to do, so I just told the voice in my head to shut-up and plowed through it.

It was no big deal. A crappy couple days, but I have had worse cases of the flu. The pain was nil. Not a moment of regret since. The post-op diet is way easier than Pre-op.

In two months I will be settled into a "new normal" life. In 7 years I will be retired and will be helping relief agencies fly supplies into war zones and disasters. I will be eating little portions with heroes in some of the toughest places in the world. None of that would ever happen if I listened to the nagging voices in my head. I had to decide to listen to the new ones.

I am sure you had good reasons to come this far. Let them speak this time.

I got really nervous the moment I got the call that I was approved. That made it real for me, all the hoops I jumped through were like I was just going through the motions. After the approval I had many sleepless nights and crazy dreams. It's totally normal. I am now 2 1/2 weeks out without a moment of regret. The post op liquid phase is boring, but very manageable. I'm now on purées and feel like so many new foods are open to me.

Sent from my iPad using VST