Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:(Here I go again. I am scheduled to be sleeved on July 10th... Meaning 6 more days. Im happy with my decision but i am also scared out of my mind (I tend to think the bad out of everything that happens). I for one do not like being put to sleep. Fear of not waking up or dying. Does this mean I need to cancel or just not do this at all because I am having doubts. Any support and or feedback would be greatly appreciated :unsure:

I went through the same fears. My only question at the support group prior to surgery is what's the chances of dieing on the table. This is a legit concern. My surgery went so fast. I remember going into surgery and seems like 5 minutes, I woke up in recovery. Its good you are worried, it means you have researched and know there are risks with anything. I couldn't sleep for three days prior to the surgery I was so worried. Turns out it was for nothing. Take a deep breath. Remember why you are doing this and try to relax. You may talk to your doctor or his nurse to help calm your fears. Saying a prayer for you tonight.

Yess i think my research is what is scaring the crap out me.i have two little ones i cannot imagine leaving this world. I am definitely gonna talk to my dr about this .i have pre op with him tomorrow. Thanks for the support :-)

I am scheduled for July 9th and have the same worries and concerns, Looking Ahead thanks for the words of encouragement. Sometimes the nerves get the better of me!

I am scheduled for July 9th and have the same worries and concerns' date=' Looking Ahead thanks for the words of encouragement. Sometimes the nerves get the better of me![/quote']

I think we may be beating ourself up about it.hoping and praying the outcome is good :-)

I went through the same thing. I was freaking out!!!! I would wake up in the middle of the night in a panic. The doctor other medical staff kept telling me, "Good, it means you're normal". I kept telling myself, what better place to be than in a hospital if something should go wrong. LOL. I didn't have any problems what so ever. I almost felt like I hadn't had a surgery at all. My abdomen was sore but, that's about it. Take a pillow from home with you to hug on the way home and the first few days.

Good luck and let us know how you're doing.

:( Here I go again. I am scheduled to be sleeved on July 10th... Meaning 6 more days. Im happy with my decision but i am also scared out of my mind (I tend to think the bad out of everything that happens). I for one do not like being put to sleep. Fear of not waking up or dying. Does this mean I need to cancel or just not do this at all because I am having doubts. Any support and or feedback would be greatly appreciated :unsure:

I have my suregy Aug 6 I feel same but I pray Bout it because I know it would help me

I had the same concerns, up to the moment they took me to the OR I wanted to get up and run away. I kept telling the docs to give me something, but they wouldn't until it was time to wheel into the OR. I woke up from the surgery and that was it. BAM! Done! Then I used my morphine push every time I woke up. I wasn't in pain but I knew that I would be at risk for leaving. LOL :)

Its really getting to me.i been praying also for peace with this.i know im doing it for the better but that feeling is still stuck in my head.might be cause its "elective" im gonna continue to pray on it.thanks for all the kind words :-)

Hello! I have a band and need to revise. But before I got the band, I worried so bad that I cancelled surgery twice and when I finally made up my mind to do it, They turned me down and I had to go elsewhere for surgery. Needless to say that I hardy had any pain at all and it DID actually seemed to have only taken 5 minutes before waking up. But I'm facing fears again b/c I know this band will have to come out.

I know that it is scary to think about the "what ifs" surrounding the surgery! Also keep in mind the "what ifs" that go with not getting healthier too! I know we all have to be comfortable with our decisions but this is how I'm thinking about it! :)

Yess i think my research is what is scaring the crap out me.i have two little ones i cannot imagine leaving this world. I am definitely gonna talk to my dr about this .i have pre op with him tomorrow. Thanks for the support :-)

Hear your fear, know fear well. I am also looking at my quality of life with my kids and perhaps premature death if I do not have wls. That motivates me more than the fear of a well documented, standardized procedure in front of me. The pain will be temporary. If you trust your MD skills go for it....

I have my pre op today with the dr.im going to explain my fears to him and maybe that wil ease it up a little bit

I have my pre op today with the dr.im going to explain my fears to him and maybe that wil ease it up a little bit