Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scrambled Egg - 2 Weeks Out

so im 2 weeks out, had a scrambled egg for lunch today as I'm now allowed soft/puree

Can eat a full scrambled egg, no problem!

Is that strange?

I see posts about people who can only eat 1/3 or 1/2

Bit concerned about how I'm not feeling any restrictions with a whole scrambled egg (scrambled with about 60ml of milk) took me maybe 20mins to eat and at the end I don't feel...anything. Not full, not hungry, nothing!

Cheers

Your avatar pic KILLS me. Love it!

At this stage, your stomach is going to fluctuate a lot. Don't overthink it. If you're not eating more than a cup of food at a time, you're certainly not stretching anything. You've got gas and acid and settling going on. For instance, yesterday morning I had a Protein Shake and drank almost all of it. This morning I had a shake and could get less than half of it down before I felt full.

It's strange how some doctors will allow certain foods before others. My surgeon's instructions indicate week 5 for eggs. I can't imagine why that would be the case, but it is....

hahhaha thanks! It makes me smile every time I see it!

Alrightly cool! I'll keep at it (cos it was amazing) and maybe have another one tomorrow and see how it goes!

Ive noticed i have 0 problem with full shakes as well! Its weird!

Im just worried about stuffing it up since theres 0 restriction!

Also, no gas or acid! hmmm

I'm feeling the same way. Today was my first day of purees and I had a scrambled egg with a little bit of cheese for Breakfast (no milk). I ate it all slowly and felt satisfied. I enjoyed a little bit of chicken salad (canned chicken pureed in my food processor) with light mayo for lunch and mashed potatoes (1/4 cup) for dinner. I also had a small piece of mushroom-spinach quiche for a snack as well as liquids and a Protein concoction/shake that I put together. Everything went down well, no issues! Though, I know that I'm still getting acquainted with my new tummy -- every time I eat I wonder how it will feel. :)

It's strange how having this surgery makes me question when I don't have problems! Hoping it continues (no reflux, etc.) and I'm satisfied with just small amounts from here on out!

Best to you!

It's strange how some doctors will allow certain foods before others. My surgeon's instructions indicate week 5 for eggs. I can't imagine why that would be the case, but it is....

It is bizarre how they vary!!

Did he say why you have to wait 5 weeks?

I was able to eat eggs at soft foods, after mushies. Alot of people for some reason have trouble with eggs after VSG. I never had. I have one every moring for Breakfast.< /p>

It could be that your tummy, or slummy, is still numb and swollen and all out of whack. I was able to suck down shakes and what not without any restriction. It wasn't until I ate meat that I really felt it, and that was about a month and a half out.

I can probably do an egg now rather comfortably. I wouldn't worry about it too much :)

Just be glad that you can eat and every bite doesn’t make you feel like you’re choking and like you want to puke. Because that’s how I feel. I’m three weeks out and am miserable! I wake up with pain in my stomach and already feel full like I want to puke. I have made a scrambled egg twice using lots of milk to make it soft and I can only get down about an 1/8 of it over the course of an hour 😭 Protien shakes I'm burned out on and can only take sips from. If I set an alarm to take a sip every 15 minutes, I might could finish a shake over the course of a day. Water and Gatorade even have me feeling nauseous.

Good luck to you; I hope my dilemmas pass soon!

Edited by Sdc04c
Grammar