Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Colonoscopy After Vsg

First...sorry if this is answered elsewhere...i did look!

As i sit here (pre op ) on my sixth cup of gatorade + miralax....i wondered how on earth does one drink all this stuff for a colonoscopy once you're sleeved???? My full size stomach is about to pop with all this liquid!!

Good question! I'd like to know also! Good luck!

I don't know from experience, but I cannot imagine it being easy, or even possible. I can barely get in my Water, over the course of an entire day...

I have wondered the same thing myself. I have to have a colonoscopy on a yearly basis. I'm guessing that you may need to start the process a lot earlier in the day if not the day before (2 days before procedure.

Thank you for the replies. I'll ask the NUT on my next visit in a couple weeks, and post the answer. All i gotta say is.....i BETTER lose a few lbs after all this! Ugh!! Gotta GO!!!

Maybe less food=less poop? :lol:

This is exactly why I had a colonoscopy before my surgery date! I won't have to have another one for 5 years so hopefully by then I will be able to tolerate the Fluid by then. I used SuPrep though and only had to drink 16 oz with as much Water I could follow that up with. I tasted disgusting though, like sickly sucrose sweet raspberry saltwater.. UGH! Disgusting, my gag reflex was in going crazy. Thank God that it's all over with now!! LOL!!

Lol, I got a colonoscopy and yes you don't have to drink the whole thing or you can do it for a whole day. The point is to clean you out, litteraly

I had my colonoscopy about 9 months after my surgery. You are able to drink all the prep liquid, it just takes a little longer. I was able to finish it in about 2 hours. It was the taste and the amount of the liquid that was the problem, not the size of my stomach. You will do fine and it is a very important procedure to have done. It was my first one and it was not as bad as I thought it would be.