Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's been 5 days since surgery n I have lose stool sometimes a little diarrhea. Is it normal? Do I need more liquids? I don't feel sick I feel pretty good. No vomiting.

I'm the same. I am only taking in liquids, and after I walk, my tummy gurgles and makes all kinds of noises then i pass a lot of gas and have diarreah. No way to have solid stools if we aren't eating solids, so it's absolutely normal. I run to the bathroom often and sometimes it's just gas but it's all the liquids that i have had. I say very normal.

TMI but it's been explosive lol Thanks Mina. I started puddings today and gna trying some Protein Shake later on. I just don't want to dehydrate. How much Water are we suppose to be taking down?

YOu are perfectly normal. Same thing happens to most all of us. Until you get back on solids expect loose stools or diarrhea sometimes even after that for a while. You must remember you have a tiny stomach now and some food that never bothered you before may bother you now. Just take it slow. Are you sick of broth and Jello Yet? I never want to see either one again. You need to be getting at least 64 oz. of fluids wach day and for some of us thats hard and tons of Protein rich foods.

It might be the pudding.< /p>

I just had my surgery June 6th I previously had a lap band that failed. I do not think I was mentally prepared for this surgery. I am depressed, nervous and my pain is worse than I thought it would be. I cannot take most pain medicines due to being allergic so am not sure what to do now. I was told 64 oz of Fluid every day I just had some sugar free pudding didnt taste very good. I have noticed that I cannot tolerate the smells of food It makes me want to throw up. I am able to drink MYOPLEX Protein Drinks they are very good I get them at Walmart.< /p>

I cannot seem to get rid of the gas I have walked, jiggled and done just about everythink else I could think of any suggestions would be appreciated. Good luck to all

I have not had any type of bowel movement since last weekend which was prior to Surgery on Monday. I had to do a bowel prep of magnesium citrate so was pretty much cleared out. Yesterday I did have my husband pick up some Milk of Magnesia to help get things moving - pretty sure it's the oxycodone that's making me a bit constipated.

As for liquieds - my Dr says that 64oz of liquid is the ultimate goal but most people can't do that in the first couple of weeks so he told me to shoot for 32oz a day and to focus on the liquids first then on Protein which should be anywhere from 40 to 80g a day. Once I'm through the first two weeks then the focus moves to the 64oz a day plus the Protein.< /p>

I have not had any type of bowel movement since last weekend which was prior to Surgery on Monday. I had to do a bowel prep of magnesium citrate so was pretty much cleared out. Yesterday I did have my husband pick up some Milk of Magnesia to help get things moving - pretty sure it's the oxycodone that's making me a bit constipated.

As for liquieds - my Dr says that 64oz of liquid is the ultimate goal but most people can't do that in the first couple of weeks so he told me to shoot for 32oz a day and to focus on the liquids first then on Protein which should be anywhere from 40 to 80g a day. Once I'm through the first two weeks then the focus moves to the 64oz a day plus the Protein.< /p>

It's normal to not have bowel movements, we are not eating as much I started taking benefiber per my doctors advise. I'm 5 weeks postop.

wannabe gas may be causing your nausea too are you taking a pill for gas in am like prelosec? Gasx works very well for me I had to take it with meals and at bedtime for a while. As long as you can get your fluids in and sounds like your getting Protein your in better shape than some. Good luck!

Yes, the gas is explosive!! I have a prescription for simethicone or something like that. I also have a patch behind my ear for nausea, and I have one to replace tomorrow. I'm allergic to all pain medication and I'm stuck using Liquid Tylenol which is like a brick in my stomach. DO not HAVE benefiber the week of your surgery. As your doctor. 5 weeks out is different than less than a week out.

Walking is the only way to relieve the gas pains really. Let your tummy heal.

Awe Mina hope you feel better. I stopped taking my pain med on Wednesday. I can move around now with little discomfort and slow lol other than that I'm trying to figure out what else I can eat. I had 4 oz of my chocolate Protein Shake n a pudding. I don't know what to have later on

Glad you are doing well. I think the extensive nature of the surgery with the complications during the surgery has made it a little more rough for me, on top of having lupus and the coughing issue, but I'm getting better. I walk fine but my drain was leaking really bad earlier. I just can't wait until that's out on the 13th and I'm looking forward to trying the pure Protein 100% whey Protein frosty chocolate. I loved it before surgery and I have to new tubs of it, and that will be a bummer if I can't tolerate it. lol

My first night home, one day after surgery, I thought it would never stop. And, what a mess every time. It took a few days, but one I got the 30 minute rule down pat, drinking my shakes slowly and not counting my 30 minutes until I drank it all, I was better. I am only able to handle 4 oz of Protein 3x per day. I spent most of my time the first two weeks trying to change that with no success. My Dr said it was fine though and just stopping the experiments helped. Wednesday will be my 4 week anniversary and I am hoping to get switched to soft foods. I am hoping that will have an impact on my urgent stools too. I walked for ten minutes today and couldn't wait as soon as I hit the door. For now I just try to remember the rules and carry Imodium, gasX and a spare set of clothes for just in case. The clothes I haven't needed yet!