Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know, I know! Everyone goes through stalls and everyone posts about it..but......I'm eating 600 calories a day, doing light weights 2 times a week, but only for the last 2 weeks and getting 60 mins of cardio at least 3 times a week....and I am still at only 30 lbs lost. Actually, I just got on the scale a little bit ago and it says I gained a pound, WTH? So its only 29lbs. I am so frustrated. Even though I know its normal, its making me so discouraged. I'm making a conscious effort to eat one more meal a day since I was only eating 3 before, and still nothing. This has been going on since I was 3 weeks out. Im only a little over 6 weeks now. I lost 28lbs in 3 weeks and then 2 in 3 weeks. I barely eat any carbs, mostly chicken and cheese. The only "treat" I allow myself is frozen yogurt, but only a couple times a week. I keep waiting to pass this "3 week stall", but its not MOVING!

600 calories a day! Yikes! I don't think you're eating enough!!! Especially if you're working out! My doc says 800-1000, maybe a smidge MORE if you're working out hard. Try upping your calorie load a bit and see what happens. You're going to go in to starvation mode and it's not going to come off.

Good luck!

My surgery was two days before yours and I am having a similar problem. The scale stayed the same for weeks 2, 3, and 4. Once I increased my calories to 900, the scale started to move,,slowly, but at least its moving. Especially once you start adding more exercise, it is important to increase your calories to between 800-1000 calories.

Hang in there, I know it can be frustrating, but it will start moving again.

I know, I know! Everyone goes through stalls and everyone posts about it.. Even though I know its normal, its making me so discouraged.

Well, you said it! Truly, stalls are completely normal and I dare say even an important part of this journey! I have gone through several myself. You're body needs this pause to catch up! The gain is just Water weight, I guarantee you! It is incredibly frustrating and emotionally it sucks!!! Instead of focusing on the numbers, take this time to monitor yourself in other ways. Make sure you are getting in your Protein and Water and vitmains. Feel how your clothes are getting looser. Feel how you can walk further and faster and how you hold your head up a little higher every day. Look at pictures of where you were and see how far you've come already. Avoid the scale for a little while. You cannot let it get you down. This sleeve is NOT a diet. It is not going to fail you. You are taking care of it by following your diet and it will take care of you! It will move, just be patient. I bet as soon as you accept that you are in a stall and relax and stop worrying about it... the scale will move lol!

Also, I just wanted to say that I only eat 600-800 calories a day. I would either have to eat the wrong things to up it (carbs, fast food, etc) or drink my calories... and I don't want to do either. I do eat on the higher side on the days I'm exercising though.

Also, I just wanted to say that I only eat 600-800 calories a day. I would either have to eat the wrong things to up it (carbs, fast food, etc) or drink my calories... and I don't want to do either. I do eat on the higher side on the days I'm exercising though.

Yep, when I went to my 6 week check up, they told me I should be eating between 600-800 cal a day right now, thats why they wanted me to eat at least one more meal a day. I've been doing that since Wed. She also told me that when you constantly weigh yourself, you get too stressed out and somehow stress will hold back your weight loss. Of course, I still got on the damn thing today, lol. My NUT expressly told me not to force the calorie thing, she said as I go, I will just eat a little more at a time at a meal. I guess you really dont want to stuff yourself just to make 800. Its hard for me to get that extra meal in, you wouldnt think so, but I dont remember or Ive got so much going on. I decided to have a Protein bar in my purse at all times :)

She also told me that when you constantly weigh yourself, you get too stressed out and somehow stress will hold back your weight loss.

Stress most certainly WILL hold back your weight loss!! I was in a very stressful situation for a few months and my weight loss plummeted. Since removing myself from that situation and being home... I've lost about 10 lbs in 3 weeks. I don't expect this to keep up, I just think my body physically relaxed enough to finally let go of the weight. The only thing that changed was the situation.

I can verify this theory that Stress does inhibit weightloss in some people. This is my 4th hitch back at work and each time my weightloss pauses. This time I started lifting weights and I have a gain this time.

Check it out. Since my last post I got off my boat on the 18th. On the 19th I lost 5 lbs. i am telling you that stress does infact inhibit weightloss. Today I am down 7 lbs since I got off. Lol its crazy

Good job! I broke my stall Monday too, lol. I've lost 5 lbs since Monday :):)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Depressed lately...
      Losing very slowly because I'm not doing anything I'm supposed to be doing. No motivation to eat properly or go to gym. Scared....
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • stanley_imarc

IMARC Group’s report titled “Alternative Sweeteners Market Report by Product Type (High Fructose Syrup, High-Intensity Sweeteners, Low-Intensity Sweeteners), Source (Natural, Synthetic), Application (Food, Beverages, and Others), and Region 2024-2032”. The global alternative sweeteners market size reached US$ 4.9 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 7.0 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.05% during 2024-2032.
      Grab a sample PDF of this report: https://www.imarcgroup.com/alternative-sweeteners-market/requestsample
      Factors Affecting the Growth of the Alternative Sweeteners Industry:
      Health Consciousness: The increasing awareness among individuals about the health issues linked to high sugar consumption, such as obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases, is supporting the market growth. Consumers are becoming more health-conscious and seeking products that can provide sweetness without the negative health effects associated with sugar. This shift in consumer preferences is leading to a greater demand for low-calorie and natural sweeteners like stevia, monk fruit, and erythritol. These sweeteners offer the added benefit of having minimal impact on blood glucose levels, making them suitable for diabetic and health-conscious individuals.
      Technological Advancements: Innovations in the production and formulation of alternative sweeteners are impelling the market growth. Advancements in biotechnology and food science are leading to the development of high-intensity sweeteners with improved taste profiles and functional properties. Innovations in fermentation processes enhance the production efficiency and quality of natural sweeteners like stevia and monk fruit. These technological improvements are making alternative sweeteners more appealing to both manufacturers and consumers. Enhanced stability, solubility, and sweetness intensity allow these sweeteners to be used in a wide range of products, ranging from beverages to baked goods.
      Consumer Trends and Preferences: Evolving consumer trends and preferences are playing a significant role in driving the alternative sweeteners market. The growing demand for clean-label products, which are healthier and free from artificial ingredients, is offering a favorable market outlook. Consumers are increasingly seeking natural and plant-based sweeteners, aligning with broader trends toward plant-based diets and veganism. Besides this, there is an increase in the demand for low-calorie and sugar-free alternatives that support weight management and overall wellness. Food and beverage companies are responding to these trends by innovating and expanding their product lines to include options sweetened with alternative sweeteners, thereby catering to changing tastes and health concerns of modern consumers.
      Alternative Sweeteners Market Report Segmentation:
      By Product Type:
      High Fructose Syrup High-Intensity Sweeteners Low-Intensity Sweeteners High-intensity sweeteners represent the largest segment as they require only a fraction of the quantity to achieve the desired sweetness.
      By Source:
      Natural Synthetic On the basis of the source, the market has been bifurcated into natural and synthetic.
      By Application:
      Food Beverages Others Food accounts for the largest market share due to the rising utilization of sweeteners in a wide variety of food products.  
      Regional Insights:
      North America (United States, Canada) Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Others) Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Others) Middle East and Africa Asia Pacific region enjoys a leading position in the alternative sweeteners market on account of changing lifestyles of individuals.    
      Global Alternative Sweeteners Market Trends:
      Governing agencies and health organizations of several countries are implementing policies to reduce sugar consumption as they recognize its detrimental health impacts. Various regulatory bodies are approving alternative sweeteners for use, ensuring their safety and efficacy. These approvals provide food and beverage manufacturers with the confidence to incorporate alternative sweeteners into their products. Additionally, initiatives like sugar taxes in several countries are pushing companies to seek healthier alternatives to traditional sugar.   
      Furthermore, advancements in production techniques are making some alternative sweeteners more cost-competitive than traditional sugar. Consumers are becoming more concerned about the environmental impact of traditional sugar production and preferring more sustainable alternative sweeteners.
      Note: If you need specific information that is not currently within the scope of the report, we will provide it to you as a part of the customization.
      About Us
      IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
      IMARC Group’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
      Contact US
      IMARC Group
      134 N 4th St. Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
      Email: sales@imarcgroup.com
      Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
      United States: +1–631–791–1145 | United Kingdom: +44–753–713–2163

· 0 replies
    • Luis E. Lara

Hi everyone, I'm nerw here ☺️
      · 1 reply
      1. Alisa_S

Welcome!

I've been a member since 2008, but just now decided to go ahead with surgery. Barely getting started 😁

• Liz R

Trying to update my ticker - I'm down 100 pounds!! 
      · 1 reply
      1. Alisa_S

I don't know how to update the ticker, but CONGRATULATIONS!!!

• Alisa_S

I joined BariatricPal in 2008 & I FINALLY made the descision to have WLS!! I'm so excited & not sure what I need to do to get the ball rolling, but I made an appointment with my PCP for 7/19. It's a start I guess.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches