Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anybody else had issues of crying like a big baby since they were sleeved? I got mine last friday came home monday have had no complications just pain so far... Im not crying because of the pain i have gooood drugs for that lmao! im crying for everything else.. i feel so bad that my husband is helping me so much i mean he's glad to do it he's been awesome actually way better than i expected.. but i mean i would like to do some things my self like shower right now my incisions are killing me so i cant raise my hands too high or bend down so he has to help me and well if i were healed this would be alllllllllll good ;) lol

i just feel helpless... does this get better?!

Oh yes. I was the same way. I even went through the what the hell have I done to my self stage. Just remember this to shall pass. It is normal to be on an emotional rollar coaster right now. All I can say is it will get beter I promise. Best of luck

The surgery does actually effect hormones, so that could be it. But have no fear the journey gets easier/better with each day that passes.

Its an emotional time, my support group said that many have feelings of overwhelming emotion after the surgery, your not alone, and soon enough you will be better, its a daily walk for a life time of change, stay strong and you will be fine. I have cried about three times since the surgery, the first being the feeling of completion, second was a feeling of loss in losing a part of myself I couldn't control, and the third was the joy of seeing myself get stronger each day. I am 16 days out and I went to the gym for the first time since surgery today, I felt like I was lazing off... only to be sent home by my sleeve buddy who had her surgery last year, as she told me this morning "you have had a major surgery, let your body heal at its own rate" "when its time, then you can do all the things you want without fear of complications." So, I say the same to you.. let your body heal and let your hubby help you, everyday you will be better and better :)

I think the impact of surgery's, anesthetics, and pain killers play havoc on many peoples emotions. I haven't had my sleeve yet, but when I had my hysterectomy I was a mess! My husband might think of dropping me off at a hotel with my Water and Protein and coming back to pick me up in a couple of weeks, lol. He barely survived that surgery. I'm sure he won't be looking forward to this.

The nurse in my doctors office before i left my one week appointment warned me that i would have emotional issues and if that is what having PMS kinda feels like god bless you women. but i am 7 weeks out and still having days like that but mine is mostly tired due to the amount of time i work i think. or that is what i am sticking with it.

For what it's worth, I got a lap band exactly one month ago today and I'm a TOTAL MESS!! No one on the lap band site is talking about this, so I came over here hoping I wasn't alone.

I've been crying, yelling at my husband and kid, freaking out, and just flat out depressed!!!

For what it's worth' date=' I got a lap band exactly one month ago today and I'm a TOTAL MESS!! No one on the lap band site is talking about this, so I came over here hoping I wasn't alone.

I've been crying, yelling at my husband and kid, freaking out, and just flat out depressed!!![/quote']

Aw, I am sorry Sasha. I hope thing get better for you.