Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Lose 100+ & Not Need Plastics

Just wondering if anyone has lost 100+ pounds and not needed plastics. I can't imagine being able to afford plastics but I also can't imagine my skin shrinking back into place. I guess we will see as I lose the weight .

I think it's different for everyone. It just depends on your age, skin elasticity, the amount of weight you lose and how quickly you lose it. My dad had the sleeve 2 years ago and lost 115 pounds, he has a little loose skin on his arms and stomach, but nothing too noticeable.

This is a big worry of mine. I work my arms & legs every single day to try to at least have them toned. I hope this will help the skin look tighter. I haven't done anything to help my stomach, although that is worse than my arms and legs. I'm just not strong enough yet to work my abdominal muscles. I'm not sure if it would even help much. :unsure:

I'm not holding my breath for my insurance to ever pay for any plastics. It's a scary thought.

I need it..lost weight in places that I never thought. I just don't want to go through another surgery, but also just want to wear a bathing suit without shorts. Will wait until December to make a decision.

Hello- I am not done with my journey quite yet. I have at least another 12 lbs before i'll be content with my weight loss. I am currently 115 lbs and if I stayed the way I am right now, forever... I would be okay with no surgery. Do I have a nice and "neat" body... nope. *Could* I use plastic surgery? Sure, but at this point I'm okay with not doing it. I can easily "hide" my tummy skin with a spanx-thing (I use the cheap one from target...) and my legs really aren't that bad at all. My "bat wings" bug me, but they have definitely gotten smaller so I can only hope they will continue to do so.

I guess what I'm trying to see is the no, I do not NEED it. My skin isn't so bad that I have skin rashes, etc. which would be a medical need to have plastics. I am much happier in my much smaller, slightly flabbier body then I was in my big body. I will also throw in there that I never really exercised. I'm starting now and have already noticed myself toning up well.

I'm at 61 gone right now and I don't see any loose skin what so ever. I am keeping my fingers crossed, like someone said it dependds on your genes and how long you have been carrying the excess weight. I work out at least 60-90 min per day and lift heavy weights as well as cycling so we'll see how it goes.

I'm down 170 pounds and did not need it, now I guess I could use it but the small amount of sag that I have is very very minor. I have a little sag arounf my belly button and a small amount of "bat wing" on my arms. I go the the gym at the senior center and the amount of sag I have is not much more than the average over 50 man, so I don't think plastics are for me.

This is such a personal thing... what might be ok for one, maybe a nightmare for another.

I haven't lost 100lb - I've lost 70+lb and am nearing my two year marker. Loosing 100lb would take me to my ultimate goal.

I don't 'need' plastics to function physcially... my excess skin doesn't give me any issues as such. But mentally I absolutely hate it with a passion - especially around my stomach area.

If I could afford it, I would get it removed tomorrow... however, I can't afford it and I am trying to 'deal with it'!

In saying that, it is better empty than full as my overall health is more important than saggy skin.

I have lost just over 120lbs and need a Tummy Tuck. It is not so bad that I get infections or anything like that, but it is pretty saggy. I also have had 2 children and gained and lost weight repeatedly. I also have been overweight since Kindergarten, so my tummy has been stretched for a lot longer than some that gained weight later in life. I think it just depends on the person. You have to see how you feel about it, whether you feel it is bad enough to warrent a tummy tuck and then go from there!

I have lost 90+ and do not need any plastics, no loose skin! I think your age is on your side.

Just wondering if anyone has lost 100+ pounds and not needed plastics. I can't imagine being able to afford plastics but I also can't imagine my skin shrinking back into place. I guess we will see as I lose the weight .

i lost 105 lbs and i did need ps. i had a Tummy Tuck on 5/11...my insurance did cover part of it. i knew i would have hanging skin in this area as this is where i carried all my weight. i have horrible batwings....im planning on nsurgery on that prob in january, that will all be self pay. the ps i have told me the only other area he would rec is the removal of some back fat i have. i hear of some ppl who do not need ps, but i wasnt one of them. it all depends on genetics, how stretched the skin is, your age and the length of time you have been overweight.

im down 120, and dont need anything, but i am not at goal weight yet either and im 25 so i think my skin bounced back well partly because of age.

I ahve yet to get my sleeve and plan to prep my skin with some oils that are touted to help with wrinkles etc... I hope it helps.

I ahve yet to get my sleeve and plan to prep my skin with some oils that are touted to help with wrinkles etc... I hope it helps.

I have lost almost 50 and find the serums help my face. People tell me I look younger. I use 100% pure cocomut oil on my body at least 1-2 times daily, so far so good.

So I meant to say, I think what you are doing is great and definately helps!