Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok....I "officially" start my two week pre-operative diet tomorrow, but I figured I would go ahead and jump in today....MONDAY. I am MISERABLE! I have had three Protein Shakes, and cheated to have a small bag of chips. I am so freaking hungry. I don't know if I can do this. I have spent so much money, and worked so hard. I don't want to be a failure. Any ideas out there in forum land to get me through this? I think I need to buy some broth to get me through, but this is NOT fun! Why do all the doctors have such different pre-op diets? My friend did this a couple of months ago, and she didn't have to do any kind of a pre-op diet...only the day before surgery.

I posted exactly this when I was preop. It was hard! I will say it does get easier. I was allowed 4 Protein Shakes a day, with broth and sf Jello. When I was hungry and tempted to cheat, I'd eat a boiled egg. It filled me up without all the carbs. I stuck to the surgeon's diet to a T the last 4or 5 days and I lost 16 pounds before surgery. Good luck...you can do it!!

I feel the same way starving!!! today is the first day I'm strict, I'm 8 days to surgery and called the office to let them know I cheated from the begining, they said to be strict from today and it will be okay...it doesnt hurt to ask...good luck!! B)

Ok....I "officially" start my two week pre-operative diet tomorrow' date=' but I figured I would go ahead and jump in today....MONDAY. I am MISERABLE! I have had three Protein shakes, and cheated to have a small bag of chips. I am so freaking hungry. I don't know if I can do this. I have spent so much money, and worked so hard. I don't want to be a failure. Any ideas out there in forum land to get me through this? I think I need to buy some broth to get me through, but this is NOT fun! Why do all the doctors have such different pre-op diets? My friend did this a couple of months ago, and she didn't have to do any kind of a pre-op diet...only the day before surgery.[/quote']

Drink Water or a sugarfree beverage. Dontblet your head ruin what you have worked for. When you feel hungry drink and do something to get your mind off of it. I'm 2 1/2 months out and I'm down 60+ lbs.i went from a size 22 to a 14. You can do this too. Just keep your eyes on the prize. Don't let IT win. Stay strong and good luck.

You CAN do it! How do I know? Because if I can do it, anyone can! It got easier at Day 4 for me. I had sugar free popsicles, Jello, pudding, sherbet, and Crystal Light by the gallon. My NUT also approved the no-sugar-added Edy's fruit pops that have 9 grams of natural sugar. They are way better than the other popsicles. I wasn't much on Soup broth although lots of people love it.

Just try to stay full with flavored Water in between eating. Keep on remembering how nice it will be after surgery when you are "fixed" for life. Your sleeve will save you from yourself as mine has done. It's worth the two weeks of agony beforehand.

Pre-op diets are very different. I'm not there yet, but I've been instructed to have 2 meal-replacement shakes a day and a modest meal of meat and veggies for dinner. I asked if I could add a high Fiber Breakfast Cereal and was told yes. So, that's going to be my 2-week pre-op diet. I'll be on Clear liquids only for the 2 days before the surgery. I'm already worried about eating this way and told the nurse - "If I could eat this way, I wouldn't need surgery!"

Good luck. Hang in there. It's only until your sleeve. After that, you won't want to eat for quite a while, I hear.

I have to be on a liver shrinking diet for a month before the surgery so for 2 weeks i will be on low carb high Protein and then for 2 weeks before my surgery I have to be on Clear Liquids. I think I am going to die. But you know it will be all worth it.

Wow! Four weeks pre-op! Your doctor is tough. At least it will move you closer to your goal weight. Good luck!

yeah I started today and I just want to DIE.... I am going to have to try the boiled egg for tomorrow because today was so miserable. I cheated and felt so bad for doing so...

hopefully tomorrow will be a better day...

I am having caffeine withdrawals now... my head is about to explode. I need coffee...and i need it NOW

Thank you so much for the uplifting words! This is SO hard. I was hesitant to join this forum, as I have never been one to reach out for support. In this case, I think I am going to need it more than ever. Together, we can do this!

How do I get a ticker thingy?....and Junior Guru....MEEEE TOOOOO! I didn't put two plus two together, but I bet that is why my head is banging! I usually drink a ton of sweet tea and Coke everyday.

How do I get a ticker thingy?....and Junior Guru....MEEEE TOOOOO! I didn't put two plus two together, but I bet that is why my head is banging! I usually drink a ton of sweet tea and Coke everyday.

yeah I drink one cup of coffee everyday...and when i don't get it at least by mid day my head is just pounding, as it is doing now. I am half way tempted to go get some now since I already cheated...urgh... but it would do me no good because it will be back tomorrow.

Junior guru is because I post a good amount. as you post more the title changes. I get my ticker from www . tickerfactory . com . I am sure there is a ton of other places to go, but that is where I go to get mine

yeah I drink one cup of coffee everyday...and when i don't get it at least by mid day my head is just pounding, as it is doing now. I am half way tempted to go get some now since I already cheated...urgh... but it would do me no good because it will be back tomorrow.

Junior guru is because I post a good amount. as you post more the title changes. I get my ticker from www . tickerfactory . com . I am sure there is a ton of other places to go, but that is where I go to get mine

But how do you get it (the TICKER) ON your VST page? I've made mine, but can't figure out how to get it to show up here like so many others have. I want one. It is the little things as I starve....LOL!

you will need to go in to your settings and put it under your signature. this way it will show up everytime that you post something.

Thank you so much :D