Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody Else Feel Overwhelmed?

I am going on 6 weeks postop and I have to admit I am overwhelmed. It seems like keeping up with eating (what little goes down good), drinking, Vitamins, worrying about Protein and dehydration, worrying about pains, its all about to push me over the edge. Monday I felt terrible and didnt have the energy to get out of bed and today I got a horrible headache that sent me back to bed. I am frustrated that I just dont feel good and cant seem to get the right combo to give me the energy to manage my life. Im sorry if Im whining but ugggghhh.

I am sorry you are struggling. I too have been a.bit overwhelmed and I am 5 wks out. it is hard. I hope you find balance soon. you can do this and so can I. lets do it together

Hang in there. I was sleeved in Dec. January was difficult with managing the diet, Protein and Water. I also suffered from terrible Constipation since my diet was so restricted. Alias, real food was introduced and things started getting lots better. You are close to the end of your dark tunnel. Hang in there.

Sometimes its hard to eat, especially when eating is the same things over and over and over..... BLAH!

I stoke myself up by reading http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/ and making all the yummies she has posted over there. Some of her postings are sooooo tasty!

To deal with the feelilngs of being overwhelmed- I would recommend looking for a local sleeve buddy and go out once a month for coffee or at least get a sleeve buddy on this forum and get some dialouge going.

Hope that helps

Totally understandable! I'm pre-op and definitely anticipating surgery in a week. It can be VERY overwhelming trying to get our bodies to accept transformation. They are often strong-willed and fight us tooth & nail. We can WIN though, you WILL overcome the struggle. Take it moment by moment. If ya ever need to chat/vent, feel free to shoot me a message!

Please make sure you are hydrated. That alone can make you feel exhausted and generally sick all over. You should check with your doctor and maybe he will have you go in a have a liter or two of fluids infused intravenously. I had it done twice and it worked wonders. I think there is a nutritional reason for your feeling so low, so please check into it. Please?

Thank you guys so much. I am just having a rough week I guess. I think I will check with my dr and see if I could be dehydrated. I feel like I still have to choose between being hydrated or food. Thank you for all your kindness and encouragement. It is a huge help.

Also make sure you are taking your sublingual Vitamin B12. My doctor recommends a weekly under-the-tongue pill or a monthly B12 shot. I felt like you do when I wasn't getting enough B12.

I totally feel this post. I have posted in my blog twice this week and feel like a durn whiney arsed baby.

Today I called my dr's nutritionist contact and asked her why I am having pain whenever I eat more pureed but solid foods. She says, after my leak and pneumonia and all of that ... that I might have a freak'n stricture (that's where the hole closes up smaller than what it should be) and it may be due to my having been on Clear liquids so long. She was going to speak to the dr. and see what his thoughts are.

Guys, if you pray, hell even if you don't (yeah you can tell I'm not perfect with that hell stuck in here) but... please say a prayer for me. Just a quick one. I don't wanna have to be endoscopied again (yes that is written in my whinest voice that I can come up with!).

I have been doing myfitnesspal and it's helping me keep up, but dang it, I'm STILL not eating enough .... omg.... I've eaten 1174 calories today and the thing is STILL telling me in red letters you are not eating enough. How can I eat more and still get my liquids in? I am seriously struggling with that. I add ice to my Cytomax's (8 to 10 oz in the morning then at least 4 to 8 oz in the afternoon) so I get so far into it only for the ice in the latter part of the day making the liquid shoot back up. Anyone got a good thermal insulated cup that will keep something super cold that they can recommend? I'm in Texas and it's hot already here (yes I am whining again sorry).

But I so feel you LeeLeeLosing. Hang in there mama!

PS thank you CamarilloCA for mentioning the b12! I forgot to take mine today (it's the one day of the week that I take it). My dr. gave me some by physiologics that are GREAT tasking. They are Vegetarian Lozenges, 5000 mcg.

I totally feel this post. I have posted in my blog twice this week and feel like a durn whiney arsed baby.

Today I called my dr's nutritionist contact and asked her why I am having pain whenever I eat more pureed but solid foods. She says, after my leak and pneumonia and all of that ... that I might have a freak'n stricture (that's where the hole closes up smaller than what it should be) and it may be due to my having been on Clear Liquids so long. She was going to speak to the dr. and see what his thoughts are.

Guys, if you pray, hell even if you don't (yeah you can tell I'm not perfect with that hell stuck in here) but... please say a prayer for me. Just a quick one. I don't wanna have to be endoscopied again (yes that is written in my whinest voice that I can come up with!).

I have been doing myfitnesspal and it's helping me keep up, but dang it, I'm STILL not eating enough .... omg.... I've eaten 1174 calories today and the thing is STILL telling me in red letters you are not eating enough. How can I eat more and still get my liquids in? I am seriously struggling with that. I add ice to my Cytomax's (8 to 10 oz in the morning then at least 4 to 8 oz in the afternoon) so I get so far into it only for the ice in the latter part of the day making the liquid shoot back up. Anyone got a good thermal insulated cup that will keep something super cold that they can recommend? I'm in Texas and it's hot already here (yes I am whining again sorry).

But I so feel you LeeLeeLosing. Hang in there mama!

PS thank you CamarilloCA for mentioning the b12! I forgot to take mine today (it's the one day of the week that I take it). My dr. gave me some by physiologics that are GREAT tasking. They are Vegetarian Lozenges, 5000 mcg.

I pray things get better. Check QVC.com they really have an outstanding double walled thermal tumbler.

I'm feeling the same way... I'm 4 weeks post op and the first few weeks i felt great... I had incredible amounts of energy, I was positive and really felt good. This week however has not been nice to me at all. I am having a hard time holding foods down with out frothing/sliming everything. I haven't been able to find a good food combo that I can eat and maintain, truth be told, I'm actually afraid to eat almost anything. I'm at that point in the process where I'm feeling like "what did I do". Everyone keeps saying this will pass but I'm having a hard time seeing it. :( It does help to know that I'm not alone though.

You are getting through the hardest part. I swear you will start to feel more and more normal every week. Hang in there. You can do this.

I just messaged a friend about this exact thing this morning. I have never been so focused on my diet in my life. It is an all day, every day, struggle to get in everything that is needed.

Even without complications, I feel overwhelmed most of the time. It's just not possible be the 100% compliant patient that I thought I would be. My sleeve only holds so much at a time. It's stressful when I finish every single lacking in some way.

As nice as it is to watch the pounds roll off, this is not an easy journey. I sometimes wonder if it will be like this for the rest of my life. It would be nice to think that someday I can just live a normal life without thinking about food every waking moment.

All that being said, I would do this surgery over again in an instant. Even if I have to spend the rest of my life forcing fluids and Protein, it's worth it. I can just hope that it becomes more second nature and less of a hassle.

Ditto to you sassiesmiles....and cherrybomb......I think the same things that you guys noted. But it's lovely ppl (like swimmer) that do help.... just a note sometimes really helps :)