Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Alcohol After Being Sleeved

when are you allowed to drink after being sleeved? I am 4 weeks out now.

I was told no alcohol for a year, but I broke that at about 7 weeks and had a few glasses of wine with some girlfriends one night and I was perfectly fine. I had a pretty high tolerance for alcohol before though so those 4 glasses really did nothing for me except give me a headache the next morning.

Everyone is different, I had a couple drinks 2 weeks out...cranberry with a touch of vodka and had no issues. I have had drinks since then occasionally but way less that I used to. A glass of wine here and there is about it.

Apparently post gastric bypass and less so with the sleeve alcohol hits quicker. Our coordinator stated that they tried shots At the support meeting and labeled it a17 sec drunk.

My doc said 6 months. I'm 3 months out and had a shot of Jagermiester the other night...and it went straight into absorption and I felt it...now mind you before this WLS journey I was the party guy that would walk around with a bottle of Jager...not any more.

My doc said 6 months. I'm 3 months out and had a shot of Jagermiester the other night...and it went straight into absorption and I felt it...now mind you before this WLS journey I was the party guy that would walk around with a bottle of Jager...not any more.

have you lost 80 lbs in less than 3 months? If so, what is your secret?

My post op instructions said 6 months. My friend who lost 180 lbs. says she was told to wait one year. She now has drinks but has wine with ice as she says it goes straight to her and she gets drunk easily. I was tempted but have decided to follow the six month waiting period. I recently had out of country guests visiting and it is with them that I generally used to have my 2-3 drinks every few months so I guess if I could resist my drinking time with them, then I can wait the six months.

have you lost 80 lbs in less than 3 months? If so' date=' what is your secret?[/quote']

Yea my weight loss of 80 pounds was in 3 months so far. Exercising with a trainer, Water, zero carb, zero sugar, 70 grams Protein daily, all the required Vitamins daily, no carbonation. Remember, males lose faster