Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1Mo Po & I've Gained Weight:(

So today I went in for my one month PO visit. I just really need to vent to people that understand cause I only have two people that I can talk to about this that have gone through it and neither live close enough to visit in person so it's a lonely road right now..

I gained two pounds! ;*( I initially have lost 11 the first 8 days out. But in the past three weeks since then I gained 4 during my period and lost two but am still up two, from my one week PO visit.:(

Dr says I am not eating often enough. He wants me eating 1oz 6-8 times a day. I'm eating about 2-3oz 3 times a day now.

I'm drinking at least my 64oz of Water so that's not an issue at all.

I exercise 45-60 mIn a day and am up and down stairs throughout the day so I'm doing well on exercise.

I'm getting in all my Protein without issues. And am not eating crap or fatty or fried foods.

I'm so beyond frustrated!!!!!

I've developed horrible acid reflux in the past two weeks (have a rx to take once a day but its not helping) and each time I'd take my Vitamins (3 pills 3x a day), I'd get nauseus for hours or immediately throw up. So I was just told to stop my vitamins over this past weekend but now I'm so tired that I have zero energy which makes me feel Awful.

Now my new thing is insomnia! I'm not blaming the surgery as I do have some stress going on in my life but even if I go to bed at midnight, I'm up t 3-3:30am. It takes hours for me to sleep again and then I'm tired all day.;(

I just feel very discouraged. I don't enjoy anything I eat. I have pain and gas and acid and feel like I'm hungry all the time so I drink my water to help that feeling go away but my head says "why another diet, I'm hungry".....

This just sucks.....

You must absolutely want to beat your head on the wall!! I've been stalled for almost 2 weeks, and feeling VERY frustrated, but you must be doubly! Yikes. Maybe you're slowing your metabolism by getting so few calories? That's what My Fitness Pal keeps telling me, but I'm mortified when I get over 700 calories. I hope the floodgates break for you SOON!!!! Keep doing the good work you're doing and it will happen.

Thanks for the understanding and support Dooter! My NUT thinks if I get in 400 cal a day that's a lot and will be very hard to get more than that.

Then My dr comes in and says 700 is more likely what i will end up at here soon but not to think this early I can reach that. I told him I've been reaching 600-700 for two weeks so obviously I'm eating too much.

He says no i still hluld not be gaining!!! Then says he didnt believe I could get that much in so soon, until I showed him my fitness pal app, so then says even with that based in what I tracked down as my food choices I'm eating stuff he totally approves so although he doubts I am finishing everything I listed (which I am), I still should be losing weight.

Lastly the NUT comes back in and says although the first 2 months is where I will lose fast, I obviously am an exception to the rule and she will not worry until 6 month mark.

Oh is that supposed to make me feel better? Hahah

Hey bottom line, I do know eventually if I keep my calories and exercise and Water where I'm being advised to then eventually I will lose. So patience (not my strength) is all I got now.....

In due time..... (sigh)

My surgeon told me yesterday that my weight loss is slow because I'm not eating enough calories and my body is in starvation mode. He said I have to eat at least 1000 calories a day and I'm only 4 weeks post-op. He said 1000 - 1200 a day is the goal to lose weight.

Hi,

I struggled with starting to lose , getting excited then gaining a few without losing them all . It was very frustrating. I was told (and believe) that your body is in shock. You are eating less, had 85% of your stomach cut out, exercising and on top of that, eating only healthy things. It is like your body does not know if it is coming or going. It will settle down. Do not get discouraged. I do not know how old you are but you were the "other way" for that many years, now you have altered system only for a few weeks, your body is adjusting, that is what it is. Be patient and kind to yourself. Let the worry go.

This is a short time out for us (sleeved 02/04) , I thought it was never going to turn around. Just keep doing what you are doing. It turns.

I eat as much as you , I worried . My sleeve sister eats, a small kids yogart for Breakfast, 1cracker w/ little turkey and a 1/2 taco for dinner and I was freaked out thinking what........ I eat way more than that. I am about at 700 cal. a day easy.

Some of the long time sleevers on here, just the other day said do not worry about calories so much, Protein first ALWAYS and get your fluids in, continue doing what your doing, it will work!!!!

Hope this helps.

:)

Glad I found this post !!!! I was sleeved on 2/24, lost 11 pounds the first week and like two pounds the second week and today starts my fourth week and nothing has happened since my second week. The scale has not moved!!!! So frustrated!!!! I only get in about 600 calories a day but I could do more I know this because at night time right before bed I am starving!!! Sometimes I feel like this is just another thing that isnt gonna work. I am stressed and worried but I am still sticking to my plan and hoping for the best. :(

I went thru almost the same thing. I found that eating every 2 hours, even if its just a couple bites of cottage cheese, worked best for me. I wasn't eating enough by just doing Protein Shakes. I needed the food, but 6-8 times a day! Also, Vitamins do the same thing to me, but I switched to gummies and I dont get a sick feeling at all!

I also had/have acid reflux really bad. I get it from Peanut Butter and pretty much any kind of meat! I keep tums close at hand, and I take my RX every day. It will eventually help. I dont get it as much anymore, I think it takes a while for the RX to kick in. but I still take tums after almost every meal.

hope something I wrote will help for you!

That fussy little dude that resides somewhere in your system who decides when to give up the fat doesn't like famines, it seems. He gets tighter than Joan River's face.

I'm with Ajbailey72, more small meals keeps the little jerk happy. :angry:B)

Also, you said you take 3 pills, 3 times a day. chewables are much easier to take, regular pills can bring on the pain early on.

I just wanted to say hang in there ai have been there and was so frustrated. I gained six pounds at about 2/3 weeks out and stalled for weeks. I finally relost that weight and now three more pounds. I was beginning to think I was never going to lose again. Thankfully I don't have the option to wrote because I felt like I wanted to do so. I'm praying my gaining days are just do to adding good back food and that the losing can continue.

Just keep doing the right things. I know how frustrating this is, but you aren't going to fail even though it feels like it. I was dreading people asking my how much I lost and I had to say nothing or worse I gained for give weeks! Don't give up.

Also, remember muscle weighs more than fat for it's size. I have noticed that intense exercise sessions are normally followed by a weight gain. That's where the tape measure trumps the scale. Muscle takes up less space than fat. You could very well be gaining weight and losing fat at the same time.

Some pro bodybuilders are pushing 300 pounds with 10% or less body fat.

I can totally relate... my weight loss has been quite slow compared to many others. Then at 7 weeks out I stalled at 201/202 for 3 weeks. Talk about frustration.

I broke that stall this morning. We all just have to hang in there. Our bodies have a mind of their own. It happens to all of us, but when it is happening to you it feels like you are all alone.

What a great feeling to have so many sharing and caring stories! YES IT DOES HELP!!!!

thank you all and I hope everyone has great success on their journeys too!!!

Now let's all go out and Celebrate with a cracker and some water!!!!:-))))

hang in there...I agree with everyone else's views. I have done the stall thing and the frustration on losing also and found that I was not eating enough calories and was also grazing even though I didn't think I was. I started tracking every bite I put in my mouth and realized I was indeed grazing. Even just a little bit of something between normal eating times can defeat the losing. Exercise is great and will give you a lot of benefits. Take your messurements and remember that the results are not just those on the scale. I am 7 months out and I also have to keep in mind this is a life time change of eating habits. This is a tool not a miracle cure. It takes work but it is worth every bit of it. You will do great, just keep doing your exercise and eat good things. Keep us informed and remember you have a lot of wonderful support here.

OMG, you poor thing. You don't deserve this. You have my sympathy. I started swimming two weeks ago and haven't lost since, so I would be willing to bet your body is just changing. Eventually, you're going to HAVE to lose weight. (I tell myself this about 4 times an hour.)