Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today I lay to rest one of my favorite supporters. Cheesecake, thank you for all the good times we had. Cheesecake made me feel better in hard times, and was always there to reward me for a job well done. Cheesecake was always there for every emotion willing and ready to either comfort me or Celebrate with me. Cheesecake was always at its best smothered in strawberries. While cheesecake was there for me in so many times of struggle, it was not without faults. Cheesecake was full of sugar and calories and so many times lead me into temptation. Cheesecake will be greatly missed but it is in a better place now, in the refrigerator of someone with a high metabolism and self control. Thank you cheesecake for everything. I will now turn to my husband for support when I am at my lowest and reward myself with a pedicure instead.

That concludes the food funeral for my great friend cheesecake frown.png

I too had to hold a funeral for my best friend. Pepsi. We spent every day together. Some times all day. He was seldom further than an arms length away. I wanted to be with him from almost the first moment I woke up each day to the minute I went to bed. I knew he would be there, icy cold, any time I was feeling down or stressed.

I still miss him quite a bit.

I'm so very sorry to hear about your friend Pepsi. He is in a better place with cheesecake now. And though its hard to admit, we are in a better place without them as well.

So sad for your losses. :sorry:

You guys are AWESOME!!!!

I wish I would've had a funeral for something, but I didn't. Except right now, I would literally kill for a bite of scallop. LOL!

No joke, it's like my head is pissed that I didn't have a last meal or food funeral.

I had my funeral for pepsi in October. I knew that if pepsi could go then I was prepared mentally to begin the journey for VGS. I did it, it was hard I drank pepsi more than I ate some days. Now I am ready to start the next phase in my life. Everyone at work was surprised to see me with Water but it is so worth it.

doggz, I think she's laying to rest her "trigger food". I can pretty much eat anything I want and not have problems with craving it, but crunchy cheetos are my nemesis. I should lay them to rest along with her cheesecake and the pepsi another poster is dumping. I've decided that crunchy cheetos must not come in my house again until I'm way closer to my goal. Perhaps by the time I reach goal, they will just be a distant, but fond, memory.

OH Lissa-I thought I was OK about Crunchy Cheetos. Then they had some as a sample at costco. I took my little cup of 3 and savored them and then began seeking out more! I knew then I had better never buy a bag thinking it wasn't a trigger food!

Y'all, I'm from new Orleans. I'm going to have to have a mass funeral. Fried anything, you were my friend. Along with the red solo cup full of cold beer or coke depending on who drove. I will always miss you, especially on a poboy bread smothered with mayo. I will always hold you dearly in my plaque filled arteries. I hope to find you again not fried but grilled. Until then....

Y'all, I'm from new Orleans. I'm going to have to have a mass funeral. Fried anything, you were my friend. Along with the red solo cup full of cold beer or coke depending on who drove. I will always miss you, especially on a poboy bread smothered with mayo. I will always hold you dearly in my plaque filled arteries. I hope to find you again not fried but grilled. Until then....

Finaly4me, I am also from New Orleans and I totally understand where you are coming from!!!!!

Crichard1107. How did u handle crawfish boils. Did it kill u? I'm pre surgery and should have the surgery In march. I'm hoping to get in some crawfish around mardi gras. But after surgery we will be boiling a lot. I don't know if I can eat just one!

1.5 years post-sleeve, I have discovered an uncanny ability to raise the dead!

Crichard1107. How did u handle crawfish boils. Did it kill u? I'm pre surgery and should have the surgery In march. I'm hoping to get in some crawfish around mardi gras. But after surgery we will be boiling a lot. I don't know if I can eat just one!

Well Finaly4me, I have not been sleeved yet, although I am well on my way. My insurance requires a 6 month diet and I am 1/3 rd of the way there!!! But I am sure that the hardest part of the crawfish boils for me are going to stay away from the potatoes and to just control myself, because as I'm sure you know its hard to stop once you start.

LOL, you all are too funny. I saw "obituary" and was almost afraid to open this thread.