Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey now!

I have noticed the last few days, I have zero energy. I am doing well with my Proteins and I go to bed pretty early. Has anyone else had this issue? I will be 1 month post op tomorrow! :biggrin2:

Have you started taking your Vitamins? If not that should help

I take the Opti-something. I take it once a day. It tastes like chalk. I want to find a new brand. What kind do you take?

I'm with you!!! Yesterday was five weeks post-op and I have been dragging the last two days despite getting my protien, fluids and Vitamins. Howevr, with the help of some others here I feel that I'm not getting enough B12. So I'm going to work on that. I think part of it is mental for me. I see at being bored but to tired to do the things I want/should be doing....

I hope you get better soon.

i have been taking Bariactric fusion chew-able Vitamins. taste is not bad at all and there is no chalkiness or after taste. i also had blood work done last week and everything came back normal so i would say that they definitely work . My first month i also suffered from lack of energy. Gatorade helped , i had an electrolyte problem. http://www.bariatricchoice.com/bariatric-fusion-gastric-bypass-vitamins-supplements.html?gclid=CMTM0u7A8K0CFYXd4Aodm3F8sA

Hey BigToe! You may be on to something. I have realized that I did a lot of bored eating. I can't eat as much now, so I end up laying across the bed or just reading a book. I walk about 10 miles a week. Maybe once I need to find more things for me to do.

I am 10 1/2 weeks post op and im still always sleepy lol.. i take my Vitamins and Protein shakes but idk what it is. Im thinking as time goes on it will improve. My energy level has increased significantly in the last month or so but i could probably sleep all day if i wanted to. Maybe a little exercise to but it is probably to early for you.

Well what ever it is it shall pass. I use womens one a day and i take additional Calcium gel caps, Vitamin D, b1,b12 and soon to start my iron!

Check this thread out:

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/29997-6-weeks-out-feeling-good-but-weight-loss-is-really-slowing-down/page__fromsearch__1

I had same problem and my NUT said I needed to up my carbs and it worked. It may be what you need.

I was having a problem with fatigue and general achiness so I decided to go back to my vit D drops. I hadn't been taking it since surgery since I was on so much other stuff, and I didn't want to give myself an overdose... Then the other day I was looking at my old blood tests and realized that my D has been chronically low for awhile, even when I was taking my normal Multivitamin preop, so I decided it couldn't hurt.

I've been adding 4 or 5 1,000 IU drops to my shake each morning for a week and I've been noticing my energy & general well-being has improved noticably. I also finally kicked the chest crud that was hanging around since surgery.

I dealt with a really bad case of fatigue post op. It lasted for months too! I was getting all my supplements... everything! I was lacking nothing.

I'll tell you what finally got me out of my funk. Picking up with my workouts. Now, you're only one month out so I in no way advise that, but - don't do like I did and wait for 4 months down the line to start picking up some kind of routine. Also, I notice a HUGE difference in my mood and fatigue even now if there is a morning where I don't wake up early and get my cardio in. I don't workout every single day, but it does affect me negatively when I don't. I'd rather give my body a rest from time to time though.

One last thing to consider, it is Winter and this might have some effect on you as well.

Good luck!

ETA: I just seen what PDX wrote... I also had to up my carbs some too. I was getting less than 30g and upped it to 60g a day and I started feeling way better.