Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am on my 7th day of my liquid diet and it has been hard. I know it will be worth it in the long run! But what an emotional time. I have lost it a couple times now and am very thankful that my parents are here helping me out with my children. So I have a week to go until I get sleeved in Mexico. I am sooo excited. I am already down 10 pounds and if I keep going the way I am now maybe 20 pounds will be gone before I have my surgery. That is awesome in its self. I have no fears of the surgery. I just cant wait for the date to get here!

CONGRATS! That is an accomplishment! You will do very well in losing weight with the SLEEVE! ;) :Banane57:

In my experience the pre-op diet is the hardest part. While we all have different post-op experiences it seems most are very easy and without complications.

Hang in there. Soon this part will be nothing but an unpleasant memory as you start to watch the pounds melt away after surgery!

Yayyyy! I'm so happy for you! Congrats!

Sunday evening the 22nd

Dear Proudmomma,

Congratulations on your decision to change your life in such a positive way! It is truly a life changing decision. The pre op diet WAS the hardest part of the entire thing for me. My surgeon wanted me to limit my carbs to 20 Gm of carbs per day, and nothing else except Protein. I love Protein, but giving up the carbs was REALLY hard for me. (I LOVE bread, Pasta, potatoes, rice!) I also gave up Diet Pepsi, as I had read that carbonated beverages can stretch the pouch out, and lord knows, I didn't want to do that. So Diet Pepsi addict that I was, I went "cold turkey" and gave it up. Every once in a while I still have a single swallow of Diet Pepsi, but for the most part I don't drink it at all anymore. Have switched to iced coffee for my caffiene fix!

It is really great that your parents are available to help you out with your children! My children are all raised, so I didn't have that worry. But my husband was a huge support for me. I too had my surgery in Mexico, and he went with me and took care of me the entire time I was recovering. I am so thankful for his assistance!

Be sure you post after your surgery to let us know how everything went, how you are doing, and how you are loosing! We all want to Celebrate with you when you join the "loosers bench"! I will keep you in my prayers as your surgery date comes closer! The entire experience is a journey that you will walk for the rest of your life, and it is so exciting. I have lost around 98 pounds so far, and love the changes that I am experiencing in how I look and feel. I know that I am so much healthier than I was before I lost all the weight. Don't get discouraged and enjoy every minute of your new life!

Love and Hugs and Prayers coming your way!!!

Kathy D (Alias Helen the Cat)

Well I am five days post op now! If you had asked me the first 2 days if it was worth it I would have said No! lol the gas was so intense.. Something I am not used to. But things have gotten better! I still have gas but not as bad. I am hungry and have a hard time getting plain Water down so I tend to eat popcicles. That goes down good. I am unsure of how much to drink that I don't think I am taking enough. I am hoping that next week when I am allowed milk it will be a bit better... The only food I get to eat is french onion Soup broth. but takes quite awhile to get it down. I am weak most of the thime but I am up and trying to get around.

Congratulations! Take your time, things will work themselves out and you will figure out what works best for you. Hang in there, and keep us updated. =)

I am on my 7th day of my liquid diet and it has been hard. I know it will be worth it in the long run! But what an emotional time. I have lost it a couple times now and am very thankful that my parents are here helping me out with my children. So I have a week to go until I get sleeved in Mexico. I am sooo excited. I am already down 10 pounds and if I keep going the way I am now maybe 20 pounds will be gone before I have my surgery. That is awesome in its self. I have no fears of the surgery. I just cant wait for the date to get here!

I'm getting sleeved in Mexico in a week also which surgeon are you seeing?

I am wishing you both very well on your surgeries next week!!! Getting sleeved was the BEST thing I've ever done for myself. It gave me my life back and the freedom I feel can never be paid back. Doing well on the pre opt diet is going to serve you well in a lot of ways, and just losing weight pre surgery is one of them. That's weight you don't have to worry about post op!!

CONGRATS WHOOO!!!

So I am now 2 weeks and three days post op. Things sre really turning around for me now. I am down 28 pounds and have started eating my pureed food! I find it funny that I am still losing weight although I am eating a bit. I am loving this so much. I have family, friends and co workers that are awesome. The support and encouragment that I reacieve from them is great. I get acknowledments from them all the time with how great I am looking. I finally see it too now. Not only that but my breathing is so much better and I am off one of my blood pressure pills now too! Life is great! I am so happy that I had this done!

Well now I am 12 weeks post op and I am down 54 pounds so far. I am so glad that I made this decission to be a more healthier me. I have so much more energy now and I can walk like I couldn't before.. I am still tired lots I just don't think I am getting enough protien in me. Had some blood work done yesterday so we will see!